Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by zachentao View Post
    眞卟ぬ噫偲涐の渶呅氺泙佷鎈讓傢看卟懂ㄋ,實恠冭菢歉ㄋ!

Translate:
    I am sorry, my English level is poor, so that we can not understand, I am sorry
    don't be sorry, just realize there are a lot of dicks that will poke fun.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    If these people are harrassing you too much just report them, they could all be facing warnings or bans for making remarks about your language skills.

10+ Year Old Account
    DotA was big when it was new. Now its not new, so the spinoffs are gaining popularity. I personally play league of legends and tryed Heroes of Newerth, there is also one coming out soon(tm) called Bloodline Champions. HoN is a direct port of DotA, LoL is more "newbie" friendly and Bloodline Champions is still in closed beta I think.

Haven't played, others look at me strange when asking them.

Yes, Americans play DotA. It's one of the only reasons people play Warcraft 3 still.

I'm surprised people are being such douches. Don't forgive them, they really don't deserve it.

Thank you for everyone,I don't like dota too.But in China,Dota is very popular in universities.I don't know why

10+ Year Old Account
    Thank you for everyone,I don't like dota too.But in China,Dota is very popular in universities.I don't know why
    我的中文很差。不要难过。 DotA 受欢迎,但不喜欢在亚洲。

Translation: My Chinese is poor, so don't feel bad. DotA is popular, but not like in Asia.

I chose Chinese because I just got out of my Chinese class, and I'm trying to think in Chinese as much as possible.
    Last edited by Stormtongue; 2010-08-24 at 06:03 PM. Reason: Spelling and translation issues.
    "Love is not something you think about, it is a state in which you dwell."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by HeyJoe View Post
    I played it a few times back in 2003 or so but quickly got tired of it. I am amazed that DoTA is still alive and well and has apparently evolved into multiple versions and its own standalone game.

Google: "League of Legends"
    WRONG!

Google: Heroes of Newerth

Yes I am aware that it might have been mentioned already but right now i cba to check even 2 more pages..

Quote Originally Posted by Stormtongue View Post
    我的中文很差。不要难过。 DotA 受欢迎,但不喜欢在亚洲。

Translation: My Chinese is poor, so don't feel bad. DotA is popular, but not like in Asia.

I chose Chinese because I just got out of my Chinese class, and I'm trying to think in Chinese as much as possible.
    Your chinese is very good,I even thought your were chinese

Stormtongue
    Your chinese is very good,I even thought your were chinese

Dota is less popular in the USA, because the learning curve is pretty harsh, aside from a few one button wonder heroes. And looking at the heroes in Hon / LoL they just gave more BS abilities to other heroes, or copied the OP heroes stat for stat, so I would assume the curve is a tad softer, due to more bullshit heroes.

But Wc3 Dota is still a hell of a fun game and I play it a ton (notice my alliance toon names ><)
    Alliance on Uldaman - Mortred, Traxex, Tarrasque, Kaldr, Shendelzare
    Horde on Draenor - Littleevil, Le, Xaladin, Smokingcrow.

Whats dota???
    ~Alexstrasza runs in, gets frozen for the ENTIRE battle then realizes she can breathe fire, jumps out, lets YOU kill him, then steals the spotlight with the whole BRAVE SOLDIERS THANK YOU FOR AIDING ME crap and goes on her merry way.
    Then again THERE MUST ALWAYS BE A EARTH ASPECT But then thrall GASP Takes Deathwings chin and becomes the new NELTHRALLION!

~Edit~ My past self must be some sort of a prophet.

Quote Originally Posted by ovideozn View Post
    WRONG!

Google: Heroes of Newerth

Yes I am aware that it might have been mentioned already but right now i cba to check even 2 more pages..
    LoL is made by the team that made DotA. HoN is a game influenced by DotA. LoL is more close to DotA than HoN is.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean,if Dota is very popular in America?
    Yes

Quote Originally Posted by Uffman View Post
    LoL is made by the team that made DotA. HoN is a game influenced by DotA. LoL is more close to DotA than HoN is.
    Thats actually the other way around. HoN has more hero for hero copies then LoL does.

Also, Demigod is on the same page as those two.
    Alliance on Uldaman - Mortred, Traxex, Tarrasque, Kaldr, Shendelzare
    Horde on Draenor - Littleevil, Le, Xaladin, Smokingcrow.

To further answer the question, from what I hear...Dota isn't that popular at all anymore. Everyone migrated to LoL, which is where the cool kids hang out these days :P

I once had a lot of guildies that played HoN, never tried it myself though it is supposed to be very good.

Deleted
    Let's rename the thread to "learn chinese"

How do you say "I love you" in chinese?

Quote Originally Posted by FruityFrodo View Post
    Let's rename the thread to "learn chinese"

How do you say "I love you" in chinese?
    haha,chinese: 我爱你=I love you

haha,chinese:我爱你= I love you