Thread: Enh vs Ele

Enh vs Ele

hey MMO-champers.

so i got my 3rd shaman (different accounts and realm) to 80, now after the amount of work ive put into my boomkin im not gonna make it a pve shaman yet, come cata that'll change,

but i am gonna mass pvp on it, question i have, which would you choose, ele or enh (druid has a resto pvp spec so no resto)

so far i like enhance for its good burst and being able to stay next to your enemy, and wind shear seems easier to utilize in quick moments.

BUT

ive seen alot of ele just sit in the shadows and faceroll everyone without taking much dmg, and when people come near em just thunderstorm, earthbind, wolf away and continue.

so, what would you pick (i have 0 pvp gear atm so im starting from scratch either way)
    TIRION: It is done
    RHONIN: I know it's done, I'm the d00d that did it
    TIRION: But without a lich king to chain it, the scourge will rampage across Azeroth, destroying all life, I am the only one who can bear this solemn burden.
    RHONIN: Because you did such a good job with the coliseum? I thought I fired your ass, Why are you even here?

Ele have alot better option in comps due to wizardcleaves, and its burst is alot better.
    Enhancement without wolves (on CD) is a joke most of the times, and you will get tired of it fast. You could ofcourse team up with a beast-hunter and holy pally, but thats basicly your only option.

In the end it all comes down to what you enjoy the most, dont make your choice upon what others enjoy most. (hense why I focused my answer more on comps/viablity and shining the light upon enhancements biggest issue)

P.S: I have a ele-shammy myself, and just love it. Most ppl would claim its just nukenukenuke, but if you play it correctly you can control the fight so much that it makes your enemy rage :P (good use of windshear and grounding vs mage for example.. or keeping melee rooted and slowed most of the game.. its all lovely :P)

Based on the circumstances you mentioned, I would recommend going Elemental. Enhance can be very strong if comped and or played right, but seeing from your post your used to a Balance druid. Enhance can take some serious getting used to because of its utility it can bring, that a lot of players may not think about in clutch moments. I play an enh shaman in both PvE and PvP, and love it. But starting from scratch, elemental may be your best bet. Hope this helps you.
    Last edited by Arcaydia; 2010-08-24 at 09:47 PM.

Thanks to i4ni for this awesome signature.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ele, if you play it right you will easily win against any other class. Enhance is good, but not AS good as ele, the wolves are beastly, but they are only out for 45 seconds...

Enh vs Ele. I'd say go ele, it has more viability and a lot easier to manage in pvp. Enh is very fun in pvp though, but it requires a lot of practice to become good.