Thread: Kel'thuzad?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    As Kel'Thuzad said in WC3: He cannot die... what so ever, because he is a necromancer -> lich

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lobbe View Post
    erm KT is lady deathwhisper in drag, he decided that the male form he was presenting was not him at heart, thus him and el lichy and a heart to heart and he decided to change his name, and his attire.
    This. His death was all a grand illusion. He faked dying so he could get a sex change and start life anew.

Not seeing KT in ICC was hands down the second most disappointing part of that instance. The first of course being that Mal'Ganis and his Scarlets didn't make an appearance at all in the instance. I was really looking forward to a raid fight against him.

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    they are bringing cho'gall back.. another retarded setback..
    "back"? He was never here

they are bringing cho'gall back.. another retarded setback..
    The comics themselves were retarded. Giving us a chance to put down Cho'gall is infinitely better than having Super Saiyan Mary Sue Med'an do it.

WHAT LICHES DON'T DIE UNLESS YOU DESTROY THE PHYLACTERY!? SETBACK SETBACK LOLOLOL.

Stupid people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Negridoom
    No. After the Cataclysm there will be an expansion for the zerg, and then an expansion for the protoss.

i wonder, what wil our superman new guardian do in cataclysm? says only he will not be here helping us on wowwiki :<

i wonder, what wil our superman new guardian do in cataclysm? says only he will not be here helping us on wowwiki :<
    A blue went on record saying Med'an will be busy with "other things". Hopefully by "other things" they mean "He's getting killed off in a ridiculous manner befitting a ridiculous character." or "We're retconning his ass out. Seriously, what were we thinking when we wrote up this guy?"

Because Kel'thuzad is really a Pink Elekk, the whole Lich thing is just an illusion, the only true way of beating him is weakening him while completely smashed to reveal his true form, and perform the ritual.
    Fire is good, it gives people fire, warmth and the ability to cook stuff, it also sets people alight, yay!

10+ Year Old Account
    This bothered me for awhile, having done Old Naxx, I was fairly delighted to actually have him come back until the whole "Auuugh I'll get you crazy kids grrhgggll" at the end of WotLK-Naxx. At which point you logically assume "hey this guy will be back and maybe even be given new mechanics this time for ICC, cool deal".

However, by now we all know this didn't happen. I choose to follow the idea posted by another commenter that the item off of Sindragosa is likely Kel'thuzad's phylactery. A potential explanation being that, displeased with his inability to defend Naxxramas.. again, the Lich King chose to keep KT confined until a later date. If only the plague quarter had come out 2 months later eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Gungtah View Post
    WHAT LICHES DON'T DIE UNLESS YOU DESTROY THE PHYLACTERY!? SETBACK SETBACK LOLOLOL.

Stupid people.

Note:
    Philactery is like a horcrux in harry potter, the guy put part of his soul into it and he can't be tottaly destroyed unless all of them are destroyed aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by kevindv View Post
    gearscore is like a bikini, what it shows is suggestive. But what it hides is far more important
    ^^ win

With Bolvar as the new Lich King, its very possible we will see Kel'thuzad ressurected as a Lich, but perhaps redeeming himself.

After all, we will be fighting ALONGSIDE Bolvar to help Ner'zhul exact his revenge upon Sargeras and the burning legion. Afterwards, the scourge will be completely dismantled.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelthon
    do i wanting my cat come the expansion due to signifying a reroll fresh scratch the night elf mage?

Quote Originally Posted by wushootaki View Post
    With Bolvar as the new Lich King, its very possible we will see Kel'thuzad ressurected as a Lich, but perhaps redeeming himself.

After all, we will be fighting ALONGSIDE Bolvar to help Ner'zhul exact his revenge upon Sargeras and the burning legion. Afterwards, the scourge will be completely dismantled.
    Just... No.

Why the hell does everyone think that any evil character in lore is redeemable?

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    A blue went on record saying Med'an will be busy with "other things". Hopefully by "other things" they mean "He's getting killed off in a ridiculous manner befitting a ridiculous character." or "We're retconning his ass out. Seriously, what were we thinking when we wrote up this guy?"
    kidnaped by kobolbs, then turned into a giant candle!

10+ Year Old Account
    Just... No.

Why the hell does everyone think that any evil character in lore is redeemable?
    its the illidan/kael thas syndrom

it dosnt matter if they are going down the obvious wrong path is obvious and willing to do anything to achive there goal.

people hate kael thas because he went crazy in magisters.... fel magic does that to a guy
    illidan lost everything.... no 1 stays happy after that

Quote Originally Posted by wushootaki View Post

This whole you presenting your speculation as fact is well kinda eh.....?

On a serious note kaelthas was the new kel'thuzad. Kelthuzads number of set backs > Kaelthas.

---------- Post added 2010-08-25 at 06:31 PM ----------

Every story needs a goku to beat frieza/cell/buu/etcetc

Sargeras stomps on people, you need someone to give him a fight.

I doubt that Blizz will update northrend. the changes would be either a pretty extensive content patch, and i dont see that happening for the soon to be fast leveling bracket 70-80 or a new expansion. And i really hope they wont just refurbish outland and/or northrend as one. It would just feel cheap. Redoing kalimdor + eastern kingdoms is fine, especially with the new areas and changes, but i doubt id feel anything but meh about a similar idea for refurbishing old expansions. Im also gonna guess that scourge will become yesterdays news and that KT will just be another raidboss killed. I was kinda hoping to see more of him in wotlk, but maybe Arty was displeased by his frequent setbacks and did something terminal to his phylacterum. If hes still around Bolvar is his new boss, so id guess hell keep his head down and be a good Lich

Quote Originally Posted by Aris View Post
    Note:
    Philactery is like a horcrux in harry potter, the guy put part of his soul into it and he can't be tottaly destroyed unless all of them are destroyed aswell.
    Phylactery, in fantasy fiction, is an object used by a lich to contain its soul

The soul is not split however just stored for safe keeping.
    "Those who dance appear insane to those who can't hear the music." ~~ George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by xile View Post
    Every story needs a goku to beat frieza/cell/buu/etcetc

Sargeras stomps on people, you need someone to give him a fight.
    I would support your argument if our Goku wasn't someone who had to be retconned into existence and now has the ability to wield most of the different forms of magic in the world.

Kel'thuzad has always served Ner'zhul and if (I think he is) he is still alive in the Helm of Domination than he will just wait and probably build up some of the Scourge forces as Bolvar battles inside his own mind against the Shaman. We'll see what happens but I doubt that we've seen the last of him. He's the Scourge 2nd in command and wouldn't just go away without explaining what happened to his phylactery.
    Garrosh Hellscream... Making the Alliance/Horde Carebears cry since 2010.

10+ Year Old Account
    Something tells me he will be bakc why because remember Anuberak survived because we didn't burn him lol! and for Kel'thuzad we didn't destroy his phylecetry or his thing sooooo he hiding somewhere maybe he will comeback helping Bolvar or this can happen he will try to get a bunch of scourge minions and make the Old Scourge once again by himself! Yeah true he only serves Nerzhul! This guy was a Cult of Dammed member before he was a lich! O.O