Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulosio View Post
    Not sure I like the idea of aspect of the fox and allowing auto shot / steady shot to fire on the move. Being able to move while minimising dps loss has always been the mark of a good hunter and this sort of takes that away. As always I can't be sure till i've really tested it out and know more about how hunters will play out in Cataclysm.

I suppose this mechanic is needed because otherwise hunters would be focus starved while having to move since steady shot is used to regen focus.
    Nail on the Head with the end statement Paulsio. It really is needed now because focus generates very slowly on it's own right now. To be honest, it won't take that much away from good hunters because they will simply be better at moving and dpsing. Throwing in AS and stings on the move as well. Not to mention it was painfully obvious to me on the Heigan that many people can't Run and push instants at the same time as is.

Deleted
    looks awesome

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AsIlaydying View Post
    Not to mention it was painfully obvious to me on the Heigan that many people can't Run and push instants at the same time as is.
    An unbelievable number of people still move mostly with the keyboard, which limits their ability to trigger keybinds. The ones learning to mouselook at worse because they can't hit keybinds OR click buttons while moving. Me, I even have walk backward bound to my mouse (button 3 while mouselooking). I can move exclusively with the mouse, meaning my lefthand is all keybinds when in combat. Tis great. The percentage of the population that plays that way, though, is very low (unfortunately)

Quote Originally Posted by LQDMTL View Post
    An unbelievable number of people still move mostly with the keyboard, which limits their ability to trigger keybinds. The ones learning to mouselook at worse because they can't hit keybinds OR click buttons while moving. Me, I even have walk backward bound to my mouse (button 3 while mouselooking). I can move exclusively with the mouse, meaning my lefthand is all keybinds when in combat. Tis great. The percentage of the population that plays that way, though, is very low (unfortunately)
    I actually know a few hunters that told me that this was a useless ability as they never push anything when they are running anyway and that it would "lower their DPS" even if they did. It hurt me to hear them talk.

I mean it'll lower your recount dps but not your true dps and it will give you more damage done. Anyway, I surprised to hear a hunter say that it was useless in everything but PvP.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AsIlaydying View Post
    I actually know a few hunters that told me that this was a useless ability as they never push anything when they are running anyway and that it would "lower their DPS" even if they did. It hurt me to hear them talk.

I mean it'll lower your recount dps but not your true dps and it will give you more damage done. Anyway, I surprised to hear a hunter say that it was useless in everything but PvP.
    Really? My hunter's still gearing up and hasn't really raided yet. But even on Ick+Krick I currently manage to squeeze out steady shots when he's doing his explosion (the purple random ground orbs you run from). I do my instants while running and time a pause now and then to get out a steady shot and move just a split second before an explosion hits me. I can only imagine how much more insane I'll be when I can steady shot while moving.

I sincerely question how this whole "on the move ranged dps" thing is going to resolve itself after a season of live pvp. Fire mages get something similar in the lines of scorch cast bars while moving. While it is undoubtedly an amazing tool in all regards for pvp, does not this combined with the still existant abilities of kiting that disengage and slow present seem slightly on the OP side, reduced damage or not? Or am I just reading too much into something that isn't live yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryquis View Post
    I sincerely question how this whole "on the move ranged dps" thing is going to resolve itself after a season of live pvp. Fire mages get something similar in the lines of scorch cast bars while moving. While it is undoubtedly an amazing tool in all regards for pvp, does not this combined with the still existant abilities of kiting that disengage and slow present seem slightly on the OP side, reduced damage or not? Or am I just reading too much into something that isn't live yet.

It's hard to say, really it makes classes that were already good at kiting better. You need to talent for scorch and that means you'll be fire PvP. Upside is you'll have lots of mobility and instant casts, downside is you are still super squishy and will die quickly. Arcane still has it's insane burst with less survivability than fire and Frost well it's exactly the same really. Little better now actually now that you'll get fingers of frost more often (even if it is only one stack instead of two).

Anyhow back to hunters. I haven't played much PvP with it so I am not sure how it stacks up to everyone elses new toys yet.

It'll be interesting to see how this all plays out come Cata. I think they are gonna go outta their way to balance things fairly, but I could be wrong on that point.

Playing a main rogue and being up to date on that, I saw that they were bumping down the cooldown of sprint to one minute, so it seems like they are going to make strives towards increased mobility on both the ranged and melee sides of the equation, however it is going to bring to the surface whole new balancing issues as we try and juggle mobile damage with classes that didnt have it before.

Deleted
    i know some hunters that are gonna be unkillable with this , should they still play the game that is :P

Quote Originally Posted by LQDMTL View Post
    I'm not sure what to think of this comment. I move with ESDF and have almost no troubles hitting my keybinds. Seriously...I don't know how I could be any more of an active player, seeing as how I can keep my abilities on constant GCD (resources allowing) even while moving.

That said, I do have left+right mouse buttons tied to move forward, but I rarely find myself having to use it.
    Nyuthing!