ARRGH at Defile..

So, we were doing LK 25 man normal (i know, thats horribad), and we actually had some very nice early attempts in.
    At one point in the evening, my DXE timers were saying that defile was first, so we spread for it, but our luck was that timers were off and it was valkyrs first.
    So later on in the evening, where we've been having those valkyrs first (its the 2nd one that comes in p2) all evening, we suddenly start to get defile first. That lasted rest of the evening, and caused us to be caught off-guard all the time, and no kill for us ..
    So why is this? Just RNG or simply a design mechanic that can screw up timers?

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    For the second Defile, you cannot always tell if Defile or Valkyr's comes first (its designed to be that way), which is why its a hard one to tackle. Keep on it and you will learn eventually

As a general rule, the second Defile usually comes after the second Valkyr wave, but don't count on it ^^
    Last edited by Googolplex; 2010-08-25 at 05:43 AM.

I have experienced that in 1 out of 10 "Valkyr-Defiles" it happens that the Defile comes before the Valkyrs. Kind of an X-Defile :>

That happening multiple times after another is just bad luck.
    Don't get frustrated, it's RNG (and maybe a little bit of server lag :P)
    The Fogelmensch!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post
    All your problems in this game have the easiest of solutions. And they're usually caused by you in the first place. The sooner you see that, the sooner they're all solved.
    Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth.
    Kosh

The best you can do is stack every time, and if he cats defile first you mus immediately all move one direction (south/north) while the one who has it on him must move the other direction (south/north) you want to go completely opposite cause right after you have to stack for val'kyr, and you dont want to have a nasty defile in your valk path.

The 2nd defile is the trickiest one, and arguably the biggest hump in the encounter, keep at it and you'll get it.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Darkspear&n=Ronnin

Before the Valkyrs actually pick up someone they'll appear flying above lich king for a few secs, then fly down and pick up 1 at a time.
    once the Valkyr appear above LK he won't do defile until all 3 of them hover down and pick up a person.

So if you've got a close timer on defile/valkyr, keep spread out a bit but not too far from LK, and as soon as the valkyrs appear above lich king, gather up fast... you'll have 1-2 secs to gather fast before the first one picks up a person.
    in this case, you will however get the defile right away while you're dpsing the 3 valkyrs, so a slow bad melee can ruin it for you by putting the defile right on the valkyrs path.
    Last edited by tremulant; 2010-08-25 at 08:17 AM.

The spell isn't called Defile, it's called f%$cking defile >.

On a more serious note, yeah it can happen, that's RNG for you :/

As people have said, it can happen, but you shouldn't have any problem moving out of it and still be able to handle the val'kyrs, unless people have 10k latency, 0,1 FPS or the reaction time of a snail.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aliadra View Post
    As people have said, it can happen, but you shouldn't have any problem moving out of it and still be able to handle the val'kyrs, unless people have 10k latency, 0,1 FPS or the reaction time of a snail.
    this made my day

but sadly its true
    Ex-Ensidia & Clarity-Twisting Nether member.

A tip is to have a holy priest with body and soul shield the defile infected target, this will give him time to run out of the raid so noone gets caught in it.
    Happy troll since 2005

First of all, thank you for all the responses.
    We have downed him 2 times before, so no one is really unknown to the encounter, we just havent seen this more than 1 or 2 times in total, then it came 3 times in a row, i still blame soddin bad luck, i guess we'll just hope RNG doesn't hate us so hard this week