A Med'an Hate Thread/Should it be Canon?

Med'an to me is somewhat of a Knaak character. He is the attempted incarnation of two of Azeroth's greatest heroes and characters: Medivh and Aegwynn. Unfortunately through prophecies and over the top storytelling he has become far too powerful and cliche. The coming togther of three races? Really? Not only that but the telling of Med'an's story ruined the mystery of both Medivh and Aegywnn. The epic finale of Warcraft 3 is spit on by the return of another guardian. I for one would not at all be dissapointed by the continuation of the Lineage if it is done in a tastefull manner. Let the kid grow up at unawares and let him work for his power (Which shouldn't ever get to this current level), not have it thrust upon him. I have another issue with him looking more orc/dreanai like than Garona.. only with a larger degree of awkwardness.

I hate the story that has been created for Med'an, and hope that it is later deemed not Canon. My question to the general users of MMO is what do you all think? For those of you who do enjoy the comics and think they should be canon lore explain why? If you agree with me and have different reasons why please feel free to post.

-Sprouts

I agree, the legacy of the previous guardians is insanely cheapened by ranting calls of
    "SHAMAGEADIN LOL! SO GUD!"

Medivh needs to come back and put this kid in his place. Too bad he's busy being immortal as a crow in a tree somewhere.

Deleted
    I don't have an issue with his heritage really, but what's bugging me is that he's wielding so many different magic types. Also, Medivh was the last Guardian, and with good reason. The story was supposed to be finished, and in a very good manner.

Yep, he's a bit of a lore-rape. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Lokann View Post
    lore-rape. :/
    This is...a pretty damn good way of saying it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    This is...a pretty damn good way of saying it.
    Can't wait for Rhonin's twin sons (who look like their father only even more handsome... Light help us all) to grow up a little bit and team up with the mighty shamageadin and the legions he commands in the mountains of the whale.

Hating Med?an is racist man... He's like one, two... no three racs at once! I means wtf?
    You are the harbringer of death, Kara Thrace. You will lead them all to their end.

I don't have an issue with his heritage really, but what's bugging me is that he's wielding so many different magic types. Also, Medivh was the last Guardian, and with good reason. The story was supposed to be finished, and in a very good manner.

Yep, he's a bit of a lore-rape. :/
    To be honest, using all those types of magic isnt all that bad in terms of lore. Mages use the Arcane which is something anyone can use. Shaman call upon the Elements for power and, similar to Arcane magic, is also something anyone can use since if you can't ask the Elements for power then you can force it. The Light has been raped by lore recently and has been changed to something anyone can use as long as they have the will to do so. Thats right, the once great mystery of the Light has been changed to a trivial thing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolretadin View Post
    To be honest, using all those types of magic isnt all that bad in terms of lore. Mages use the Arcane which is something anyone can use. Shaman call upon the Elements for power and, similar to Arcane magic, is also something anyone can use since if you can't ask the Elements for power then you can force it. The Light has been raped by lore recently and has been changed to something anyone can use as long as they have the will to do so. Thats right, the once great mystery of the Light has been changed to a trivial thing.
    But still, he's very proficient in all of them... it blows my mind.

Can't wait for Rhonin's twin sons (who look like their father only even more handsome... Light help us all) to grow up a little bit and team up with the mighty shamageadin and the legions he commands in the mountains of the whale.
    No doubt Sargeras will descend upon them only top have his attacks defelected by thier 2x fiery hair. Just as Sargeras begins to gain an upperhand in the battle against these heroes Rhonin himself appears. Through time. With an army of Rhonins all form different time strands. Eventually the myriad of Ultra casters confront Med'an and learn the ways of SHAMAGEADIN. Sargeras soon learns that this was the Army Ad'al spoke of. The army of Rhonin.

Think of him as like a genius and knows many fields of science.

To be fair, anyone can be. Its more game mechanics that limit everyone from doing so. Look at Lichs for example. They can use the Arcane, Demonic, and Necrotic magics. Although, granted, they are all similar. But, to be honest, if the Elements are willing, you have the knowledge of the Arcane, and the will to the use Light then its not hard. All you need a strong mind, will, and a certain level of purity then you can wield all three without any problems.

10+ Year Old Account
    its fine that he is the son of medeivh and gorana

his race is fine cause lore wise makes sence

to bad he is way to godly

soon he will learn druidism from malfruion himself!

Quote Originally Posted by Eltrollo View Post
    its fine that he is the son of medeivh and gorana

his race is fine cause lore wise makes sence

to bad he is way to godly

soon he will learn druidism from malfruion himself!
    *Cenarius and Ysera*. Malfurion is too lowly for Med'an

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sprouts View Post
    *Cenarius and Ysera*. Malfurion is too lowly for Med'an
    all 3 of them!
    and they will give him rags hammer 2

Quote Originally Posted by Graverot1991 View Post
    Hating Med?an is racist man... He's like one, two... no three racs at once! I means wtf?
    It's not racist if your hate isn't related to his race.

If the blizzard writing staff continue his lore it will be fine, they tend to tone down other writers mary sues (not thrall mind, he's there baby)

Look at Lord Mary sue himself Rhonin, in wrath he's been fine, no single handed heroics, no defeating an aspect single handedly, he fails at most he tries and spends the rest of his time just leading. Or the king, in the comics Vs him in Warcraft he's a a lot less ohmygodsostrong even showing off less of his super heroness in favour of a more bitter hate filled revenge fuled person, with a subtle and well written heel-face turn at the end to show there is hope. Hell go see the differences between the Manga characters and there version in Live/Beta.

Mind this MIGHT just be due to the fact they would prefer to spend there time on there own Mary Sues, HUH GARROSH 3 YEARS FROM LONE EMO ORC TO WARCHIEF!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eltrollo View Post
    all 3 of them!
    and they will give him rags hammer 2
    Which he will then dual wield with the Ashbringer Tirion gives him, while wearing the Lich King's helm because Bolvar admits he could do a better job than him.
    Last edited by MortalWombat; 2010-08-26 at 07:55 AM.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    What it comes down to is that players don't like NPCs being able to do things they can never do (in reference to multiclassing); it also happens to be one of the most cited reasons why D&D 4th Edition is shat upon, but let's not go there =).

I say that if Me'dan wants to be the omega character, let him. Eventually some player gets to kill off a major lore character in some way, even if its not cannon. Med'an will regret the day he became an NPC and not some other nameless orc grunt with a squid-faceplate.

For the record:
    Slyvannas - Killable
    Garrosh - Killable
    Vol'jin - Killable
    Carine - Dead
    Loth'remar - Besides me, who cares about him?
    Gillywax - Thank the gods, he's killable
    Varian - Killable
    Valen - Killable
    Tyrande - Killable
    Mechatorque - Killable
    Magni Bronzebeard - Turned to stone; probably dead
    Mauradin Bronzebeard - Deceased, only to be dues ex machinaed to become killable
    Glenn Greymane - Killable
    Kael'Thas - Killable. Twice.
    Illidan - Killable
    Tirion - Killable through exploits in ICC
    Vashj - Killable
    Jania - Killable
    Arthas - Deceased and Killable
    Thrall - Depends on how the Maelstrom works out for him
    Varimathis - Killable until Cataclysm when his quest is removed
    A'dal - Killable
    Lady Liadrin - Why the heck not?

I could keep going, but its late, and frankly I think you all get the picture. So don't worry, unless he's tagged as a child like Prince Anduin is, you'll probably get to kill him some how.

Not just Med'an but the entire comic NEVER happened.
    It's completely ridiculous, Rohnin in game is bad enough, Medivh was obsessed with the idea of being the lastguardian he killed the whole bloody council of Tirisfal to make sure of that, hell even Sargeras agreed on that view but now all of a sudden he is like 'well ya know i have been corrupted by the most evil being in the universe from birth but hey he is only my biggest enemy imaginable what could go wrong lets give him another chance and have a kid'

Also don't get me started on 'lolol going for a picknick in a extradimensional pocket beyond space and time BRB'