Thread: Sick to Death

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Sick to Death

Okay I got my DK to 80 2 years ago now, I didnt really play him at all once I hit 80. I recently picked him up and geared him to be able to tank heroics, one for fast queues so I could gear faster and because I wanted to see if I liked it, which I did.

So I do about 10 heroics with no real problems, I'm not defense capped but I still manage to do heroics such as Forge of Souls with only a minor issue on the last boss (those crazy phantom blasts).

Today I finally got defense capped by buying things like the Stoneguard Band and chucking a cheap defense gem in there. The first heroic I go into all I get is a load of lame whining. 'Tank undergeared' 'Lol 23k hp?'. And throughout the instance just whine after whine after QQ after QQ from the group. I dont lose aggro once but sure my avoidance isnt brilliant because im in crafted blues. But all I get is flak throughout the instance, things like 'Noob tank' 'Go suck your mum's ****' despite me trying my best, popping Unbreakable Armor whenever I can, Icebound fortitude and the likes.

I dont see why the World of Warcraft community does not open its arms to people gearing up, sure they all want tanks to be in full ICC 25 heroic gear, but how the heck else am I gonna gear? Do normals till I have 50k HP? I doubt it.

Now does anyone else get this kind of flak when they go into heroics? Because I am just sick to death of it all. I've managed to tank Forge of Souls heroic without being defense capped but now all I get is **** when I try and do Culling of Stratholme? (Which I tanked just the day before without being defense capped, funnily enough).

You should try to get defense capped before doing heroics, but yeah, people are dicks and expect to be carried through everything. If they use offensive language, you can report them. Yes, you do get warned/banned for swearing
    Stulti se laudant.
    Minecraft Survival Server: 203.206.166.219:25565
    http://www.youtube.com/user/fpiceail

A lot of people seem to let others get them down.. Why even bother listening to them as long as you know that you can do the heroic without a problem. Simply put them on ignore so you don't ever get grouped with them again, or dont listen to what they have to say about your gear, how noobish you are, or anything of the sort because normally the people who complain are baddies anyways.

Deleted
    I did nothing to upset them and was constantly being called immature, despite someone insulting my mother, for no apparent reason. Yeah im the immature one, right.

This heroic culling of stratholme run I just tried I was defense capped for, as I said I had bought a Stoneguard Band and chucked in a defense gem just to get me that last bit and low and behold all I get are gear links. 'Lol he is wearing a green!' That kind of thing.

Oh did I mention that no one in the group except me was doing 1800+ DPS? The 2 DPS insulting me were both wearing PvP geared and could barely hold 1600 DPS AoEing. Slightly hypocritical right?
    Last edited by mmoc53321d8500; 2010-08-26 at 09:31 AM. Reason: Overuse of the word: Constantly. Doh!

Quote Originally Posted by Cark View Post
    Okay I got my DK to 80 2 years ago now,
    Maybe cause we didnt have dks 2 years ago

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonwing View Post
    Yes, you do get warned/banned for swearing
    Sorry what realm do you play on, because I have never seen anyone get warned or banned for bad language...

I wrote my expiriences (spelling?) after i dinged 80 on my DK tank yesterday, same thing, in HoS, when Ulduar was the higher instance while i was def cup..

Ofc, they were not that wrong, going in heroics without beeing def cup is either a suicide or a petition for a good geared healer. As a healer i dont want to heal a tank that didnt got the time and gold to be at least def cup even thought i can heal him. If the tank is at low HP i can handle, but i cant handle at 23K HP AND crittable.

If u had bought/craft all the ilvl 200 gear that u could u would reach def cup. OR u could run some heroics with your guildies as a DPSer to get some ilvl 232 tanking gear before attempting to tank..

In short words, Yes, ppl are dicks, BUT yes, u should not go at heroics beeing crittable! U might handled hc FoS only because your healer and the rest of the party was very good.

PS: is it me or ICC 5 mans requirements have been lowered? i saw 3.5K GS ppl in hc PoS doing less dmg than my tank in AoE groups..
    Got a Warlock as a main, a Druid and a DK at 80 as alts and lvling a Rogue..

"You are only as good player, as the guild you are into"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eonath View Post
    Maybe cause we didnt have dks 2 years ago

Just under, considering I got it to 80 about November/December 08, what i meant to write.
    Last edited by mmoc53321d8500; 2010-08-26 at 09:48 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    OP: They did that with me once when I was Def Capped (546 Def with the Relic), I just left.
    My 15 minutes and 4 seconds of waiting time is still better than 20 minutes of whining and they have to deal with waiting for another tank.

Their loss
    Dawwwwwww

10+ Year Old Account
    I did nothing to upset them and was constantly being called immature, despite someone insulting my mother, for no apparent reason. Yeah im the immature one, right.

This heroic culling of stratholme run I just tried I was defense capped for, as I said I had bought a Stoneguard Band and chucked in a defense gem just to get me that last bit and low and behold all I get are gear links. 'Lol he is wearing a green!' That kind of thing.

Oh did I mention that no one in the group except me was doing 1800+ DPS? The 2 DPS insulting me were both wearing PvP geared and could barely hold 1600 DPS AoEing. Slightly hypocritical right?
    Sounds like they were retards. I have a decently geared DK tank with 30k hp and def capped and I get flak just for being a DK. Even before we start pulling the group QQs "Oh no, a DK tank" "This group is gonna fail" "Reroll a paladin" and yet the group finishes the heroic in like 5 or 8 minutes with no difficulties.

Quote Originally Posted by Gish View Post
    Sorry what realm do you play on, because I have never seen anyone get warned or banned for bad language...
    I once got a 3 hr ban for calling someone a prick. So yes, you can get warned and banned for harsh language.

Easiest thing is to buy some of the cheap 245 gear(ring bracers chest) run a couple heroics to grab your cheap 232 tier and then start tanking with 30k hp ub. If you have some money just buy some tank ques(even if you don't the 13 gold plus vendor trash and loot money covers it) grind heroics for a couple days and you will have enough gear that people won't cry.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's what the handy dandy ignore feature is for. Ignore them and move on. You have instant queues. They get to sit around for upwards of half an hour waiting. They don't matter. Once your ignore list gets filled, empty it, you'll probably never ever see those people again anyways, why does it matter?

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkh View Post
    PS: is it me or ICC 5 mans requirements have been lowered? i saw 3.5K GS ppl in hc PoS doing less dmg than my tank in AoE groups..
    Being able to queue for an instance doesn't depend on the GS that you're wearing. It depends on the maximal gearscore of all the gear that you own, including stuff in the bank.

So if I have a feral druid with 5k GS I can queue for PoS in 3.5k boomkin gear for example.

Anyway my sympathies to the OP, I always make it a point to be extra nice to tanks in crappy gear, especially ones who are correctly specced and demonstrate clue. The ones with terrible specs I try to gently point to EJ or here, but I normally get a similar level of childishness back from people who are convinced that dual-wield blood tanking is fine and nobody else understands their genius

Deleted
    meh i have full icc 25 tank gear and people still whine on my server. i let them die and then they leave. after that the group is nice, quick and quiet

Deleted
    I dont think it helps my case that everybody still thinks 'LOL DK NUB' as soon as they see one, one of the insults I got was 'Sigh another wanna-be DK'. What is a 'wanna-be DK' anyway?

Deleted
    All gearing people get spat on, ignore the b@stards.

People these days are idiots, Really BIG idiots. They seem to think the HCs are designed for elitests to get there badges for there gems, When in gact HCs were desgined to gear people... if im in a HC with a undergeared tank at 1st i be abit mmmm... dunno if he can do it, But if he does well i will say "Goodjob there tank" and make them feel better about themselfs and give them more confidence in what they do. Some people cba to give people a try. I kinda had the same when i was on my shaman (gearing in HCs) This pala tank lvl 264 things was all "haha you all suck" and was like... "Erm.. mate this is probs everyones ALT? there not gonna be full 277 like our mains" and he was still being big headed even tho he lost aggro to me elemenetal blue / T9 shaman so... Go figure!

Deleted
    Well I just did HoS heroic with absolutely no problems, but I did just buy the t9 helm before hand and am now like 15 over the Defense Cap (:

Also had a pretty chill group, except the Fury Warrior who was determined to go all out DPS whenever I pulled, but hey I like a challenge!

popping Unbreakable Armor whenever I can
    Found the real issue.

Please, please, please spec blood for the sake of everyone who queues up and gets you as a tank. Blood makes you an out-and-out superhero in heroics.