10+ Year Old Account

[Resto-10H] Which items to choose?

So, I've obtained a heroic 10 item for every tier slot, yet I have to choose atleast 2 items from the Tier 10 set.
    I really don't know which ones to choose.

The kilt seems to be very good, also the helmet seems to be far superior than the normal 251 helmet.

http://www.wowhead.com/compare?items...00:85:77:62:35

I think the handguards over the stormbringer hands is a good choice, I could even upgrade them to ilvl264, since I have one token left.
    The other tier item however will have to wait until I get a token again.

What would you pick? (3 non-set items / 2 set items, of which 1 will be upgraded to 264)

If we're talkin resto here, I'm surprised you're passing up the 4pc set bonus. Even in 10's I find it to be too damn good to pass up.
    But if you insist on 2 piece... I'd choose helm and chest tier pieces. Legs from Fester (cloth) or Putricide, gloves from Dreamwalker, and those shoulders you have picked out. (dunno who drops em >.>)

Quote Originally Posted by phai View Post
    So, I've obtained a heroic 10 item for every tier slot, yet I have to choose atleast 2 items from the Tier 10 set.
    I really don't know which ones to choose.

The kilt seems to be very good, also the helmet seems to be far superior than the normal 251 helmet.

http://www.wowhead.com/compare?items...00:85:77:62:35

I think the handguards over the stormbringer hands is a good choice, I could even upgrade them to ilvl264, since I have one token left.
    The other tier item however will have to wait until I get a token again.

What would you pick? (3 non-set items / 2 set items, of which 1 will be upgraded to 264)
    Errrrrr, why would you want to skip 4p?

10+ Year Old Account
    Reasons:
    - not enough Frost Badges
    - not enough Tokens to Upgrade
    - 10 Man only Raid
    - "help out"-spec

It would take too long to get a 4pc bonus, and until I get 4pc, I take only two and make the best of it.

---------- Post added 2010-08-27 at 10:01 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Laftaf View Post
    But if you insist on 2 piece... I'd choose helm and chest tier pieces. Legs from Fester (cloth) or Putricide, gloves from Dreamwalker, and those shoulders you have picked out. (dunno who drops em >.>)
    Sindragosa 10H. I don't want to insist on 4PC, but I have to until I have the tokens
    Last edited by phai; 2010-08-27 at 08:06 AM.

Actually, looking it over again I might go helm/shoulder. It depends on where your mp5 and haste are. The chest is a haste drop (28) but a big crit gain for mp5 loss. and getting shoulders keeps your haste about even.

In the end gloves/legs are the biggest stat hit (no haste) and 264 bis 4pc is everything but legs (which are the crafted). But once you get to 277 the bis is 4pc with gloves from fester.
    It's hard to justify buying hands or legs first if you're running VoA's too.

1) Hands and Legs are the worst setitems by far
    2)i would craft these http://www.wowhead.com/item=49900

I would go with nonset Gloves, Legs, Shoulders and set Head and Chest,
    Their is no need for 4pc in 10man raids unless you have a stacked meele group

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laftaf View Post
    In the end gloves/legs are the biggest stat hit (no haste) and 264 bis 4pc is everything but legs (which are the crafted). But once you get to 277 the bis is 4pc with gloves from fester.
    It's hard to justify buying hands or legs first if you're running VoA's too.
    I will never get 277. Running VoA from time to time, but not too often.

Deleted
    If you want only 2 set items, its best to take 1 of those: Head/Shoulder/Chest.
    Since the Gloves and Legs dont have haste on them, its best to avoid those as set items.

my thoughts ^^