Since I don't have any time on my WoW account (can't post in official forums) atm, Im going to transfer my thread from EU mage forums to here, so copy&paste;

Hello thaar, good mages! Im going to make a new mage in cataclysm, and was wondering, is arcane or fire any good for questing? I have read about mages and mage specs in cata a bit, and it looks to me that arcane or fire would actually be as good as frost in terms of questing? The highest level mage I've ever had was level 20 or so, so Im asking you since you have more experience than I do...

So, will arcane or fire be any good for questing in cataclysm, in your opinion?
(oh, and I know everything can change in the beta, but Im asking your current opinion)
I got many answers saying frost, and couple (one or two) saying fire, none, sadly, said arcane, since I like arcane's spells and the whole 'arcane feel' in it.
So, I'd like to extend my original question; ...also, will arcane be any good in Cata, questing-wise? Oh, and also, in the original thread, someone said frost because of the higher survivability, since in Cata mobs will have more HP, but I tought this only meant 80+ mobs?

Thanks.