Boomkins on autopilot?

just wondering how everyone else felt about boomkin pvp (DISClAIMER) now im not the highest rated pvp hero but is anybody else upset with the fact that most boomkins are able to blow up 2's by casting insect swarm, starfall and treants then running around while putting alot of pressusre with the occasional typhoon, moonfire thrown in. Maybe its just my excperience in the lower 1300 bracket but i rarely run into a boomy that does anything its like there spells run themselves. I feel like starfall is becoming the new bladestorm, idk tell me your thoughts and experiences with boomkins

This is not a nerf starfall, or boomkins are op, or underpowered thread i just wanna know if u think its okay that boomkins spells should be so effective when there just press it and forget it. specifically starfall and treants

10+ Year Old Account
    It is pretty easy to counter Starfall. Fear, cyclone, dispel, spell steal, stun, disorient, etc all stop starfall from finishing. With it being a 10 second duration it is pretty easy to eliminate most, if not all, of the potential damage.

Yes, there isn't much else they can do apart from spam wrath, or build up loads of haste for starfire which, after cast, will not crit and probably be resisted with resilience stacking. I played PvP Boomkin and still do, occasionally, my friends usually whine at me at how it's my "go-to" spell, when there isn't really much else I can do for burst damage when they can.

And, as Jodah said, it is easy to counter Starfall.

if you are afraid of starfall it is from PvE druids in bgs.

The only thing that annoys me about starfall is that it doesn't care about LoS.

Quote Originally Posted by Gildian View Post
    BGs don't really have LoS. Go stand behind a huge tree stump in WSG, you can cast right through it...

Quote Originally Posted by Scaffolding View Post
    BGs don't really have LoS. Go stand behind a huge tree stump in WSG, you can cast right through it...
    Think he's referring to Arenas.

That and the thirty yard range. Like... wat. That's a bit excessive for something that pumps out THAT much damage.

Moonkins are broken in wotlk, like most classes it's dependant on CD's but the real issue is that a high rated moonkin heals 70% of the match and moonkin the rest, it's a dps class not a healing class... And starfall isn't OP beacuse as stated it is easily countered, seen loads of people QQ about moonkins being easy and faceroll to 2200, I then told them to train the druid, guess what they won. Moonkins are a competitive worst arena class atm.

Thanks to Stanton Biston for the amazing sig!

Quote Originally Posted by Aelith View Post
    Moonkins are broken in wotlk, like most classes it's dependant on CD's but the real issue is that a high rated moonkin heals 70% of the match and moonkin the rest, it's a dps class not a healing class... And starfall isn't OP beacuse as stated it is easily countered, seen loads of people QQ about moonkins being easy and faceroll to 2200, I then told them to train the druid, guess what they won. Moonkins are a competitive worst arena class atm.
    Having to stack stuns on a DPS instead of the healer isn't what I would consider 'easily countered'

Quote Originally Posted by Garam View Post
    Having to stack stuns on a DPS instead of the healer isn't what I would consider 'easily countered'
    I wouldn't consider 10 seconds 'stacking' since you can just stun him 6 seconds and be doen with it.
    Also, it's easily LoSable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually it cares. Go Out line of sight = no damage.
    If you stay on max range you can just blink, disengage, traveform, ghostwolf etc. outside the range. If the druid goes to travelform starfall up it cancels the effect.

Quote Originally Posted by juzalol View Post
    Actually it cares. Go Out line of sight = no damage.
    If you stay on max range you can just blink, disengage, traveform, ghostwolf etc. outside the range. If the druid goes to travelform starfall up it cancels the effect.
    uhh yes it still hits you when ur not los,

and yes SF is abusive i just got raped by a bot of 5 bommkins in 5v5 that definitely used sprint out the gate , starfalled and raped us before we could even see what was killing us

shadowmeld plus starfall, wth

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by passives View Post
    uhh yes it still hits you when ur not los,

and yes SF is abusive i just got raped by a bot of 5 bommkins in 5v5 that definitely used sprint out the gate , starfalled and raped us before we could even see what was killing us

shadowmeld plus starfall, wth
    Im 119,92% sure it does not hit targets out line of sight

15+ Year Old Account
    It doesn't go "through" walls, but it isn't exactly LOS either. The best way to explain is visually. X = mob, 0 = caster, - = wall, . = filler:

Will *not* hit:
    ------------------------
    ..........X............

Will hit:
    ------------------------
    .........................X

Basically, if you can draw a line from the caster to the mob, even if the line has to curve a little bit (but less than 180 degrees), the mob will be hit. You can't hit mobs that can't get to you, in other words.
    by stillnotking on wowhead
    "Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind."

* * --(Terry Pratchett, Eric)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitanii View Post
    I tried at training dummys in SW. I didn't manage to get starfall hit through any kind of LoS. If you can moonfire it, the starfall will hit it.
    If you can't moonfire it the starfall won't hit it.
    (i noticed that starfall actually has slightly lower range than Wrath/Moonfire even tho they are both 36 yard by tooltip)

I believe the stars just come with small latency so if you run out line of sight you can still get 1 more star on your face behind the pillar.