Thread: spec issue

spec issue

Ok so I've been rolling a demo lock for some time now always did really good dps and raid support. Tho recently I've been seeing a lot if fights where my guilds 2 destro locks are surpassing me and we are some what equally geared. So my question to you is should I go back to affliction or give destruction a shot. I personally think my gear is more itemized to afflic tho any input would help..

Since I can't post links my char is bishe on alterac mountains
    ... What?

Deleted
    if you went destro, you would have too much haste. haste for destro hits an (although very soft) softcap at I think 800ish.
    So you can't even get close to them? Sure Affliction would be the better simcraft result, but in my experience, for some HMs it has difficulties. E.g. you don't get too much dmg out on saurfang adds, etc.
    I assume you have MC procs and decimation displayed (preferrably powerauras ) for maximum use?

Generally speaking, you most likely increase your raids DPS via Demonic Pact far more than you'd increase your own DPS through switching specs.

Unless you have another Demo Lock in your raid, of course.

Deleted
    Bob's right of course. My tips assumed that there was another demo lock in your raid. If there isn't, stay demo.

Yes PA is used wouldn't go anywhere without it and no there's no other demo locks in raid I've tried asking them but they can't grasp it they've tried. I guess ill have to just bust my ass a little harder. Don't like people out dpsing me
    ... What?

That's time and dedication right there but this past Tuesday isn't a great example if my out put. As in 3 hours prior to raid I get the brilliant idea to completely overhaul my UI. Which completly screwed everything up come raid time I mean on the saurfang fight you referenced my actionbars whent beserk and I literally just spam clicked shadow bolt from the spell book I was extremely angry that night lol. But thanks for your hard work and time to reference everything for me much appriciated

---------- Post added 2010-08-27 at 01:21 PM ----------

And yes I prolly need to tweek out my own setup a little more
    ... What?

Power auras and button timers are the 2 I use.
    ... What?

yeah well as soon as i get enough post up where i can post links i will do bro again thanks for the quick and detailed response...
    ... What?