Cataclysm and old achievements

I've been thinking alot about what will happen with achievements, that are no longer accessable in cataclysm. Will they become FoS's? or will they just be removed?
    I know they will make a new Loremaster achievement, but what happens to the old? will they get any creds for having it done before cataclysm?
    also, Cataclysm will make the zones new, giving them new maps and new areas to explore. Will they reset Explorer aswell? maybe we get Old world Explorer or something.

as a side note, ive never played in neither TBC or vanilla, so i dont knwo the "routine" on this, but when the dungeon finder came out, i saw that i got one FoS for completing all daily dungeons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emothianes View Post
    Omg dude vanilla was so awesome because I was awesome and other people weren't awesome and it made me happy to be special because it was so awesome and I was happy.
    Sé onr sverdar sitja hvass!

Quote Originally Posted by Hetrofi View Post
    as a side note, ive never played in neither TBC or vanilla, so i dont knwo the "routine" on this
    Those of us who did don't know either, achievements weren't added until WotLK. In that regard I can say we really don't know how things will turn out, they've expressed some interest in keeping as many existing achievements as possible intact, but the ones you point out are good examples of achievements that have to change.

They've previously pretty much always converted a 'removed' achievement to a feat of strength though.

ghostcrawler said that those with loremaster get to keep that and dont have to worry about the new one. but I think if you dont have EK and Kalim achieves, those will be reset and you will have to start over.
    There will be a new explorer achieve called something like "Observe the Damage" where you have to discover the changes made.

Deleted
    I expect there'll be a lot more feats of strength, like the Onyxia achiev - if you'd done it at level 60 you kept that achievement as a FoS and a new level 80 achievement was added. There's no real reason for them to delete things totally if they can just make them feats of strength.

here is a description of what a feat of strength is:
    Feats of Strength
    Feats of Strength represent the past glories of Azeroth, and as such, players will find them very difficult -- if not impossible -- to earn. They’re worth no points, and unlike normal achievements, unearned Feats are not displayed in the achievements interface. Feats include old-world player-vs.-player ranks, obtaining rare mounts, special titles, and more. Feats of Strength will be awarded retroactively (that is, they’ll be immediately granted to your character if you qualify) since many of them will be impossible to earn in Wrath of the Lich King.

also, if you get all explorer achievements as FoS's they will flood the list. EK and Kalimdor is about 40 i think.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emothianes View Post
    Omg dude vanilla was so awesome because I was awesome and other people weren't awesome and it made me happy to be special because it was so awesome and I was happy.
    Sé onr sverdar sitja hvass!

Obviously, you will get the meta ach as a feat of strenght.

Loremaster seems like it will be easier in Cata than it currently is now. The quests are contained pretty much in the zone like BC and Wotlk so there's none of those quests chains where you have to fly up and down the Eastern Kingdoms to complete. So if you are not even close you might want to consider waiting.