Triple DPS in Cata

I've been thinking a lot about running a Ret, Lock, Ele shaman come Cata as triple DPS... Do you guys think triple DPS will become obsolete come Cataclysm?

Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by Solarshot View Post
    do you?
    I don't really know what to think :/

My understanding is that healers are gonna have to manage their mana more, which might imply that their heals will be bigger? Anyone in Beta have any opinions?

Actually it will be more a case of healers potentially running out of mana.
    They will no longer have their effectively infinite mana pools that they have now, actually having to prioritise healing instead of simply keeping everyone topped off.
    There will still be a place for healers in pvp, they just may not be so difficult to kill or run OOM as they are now.
    Their dispells are gonna be a rather heavier cost, and can be wasted to no effect if spammed, instead of actually only hitting something they can work on.

I think it's bananas.

Quote Originally Posted by michaelt196 View Post
    I don't really know what to think :/

My understanding is that healers are gonna have to manage their mana more, which might imply that their heals will be bigger? Anyone in Beta have any opinions?
    In beta, if I go resto (Using my live ele gear), my lightning bolts can still hit for 3300 and cost 719 mana. Resto has a talent that coverts 40% of lightning bolt damage into mana. That's about 1300 mana for a lightning bolt. I know disc priests have something like this as well. Dunno about resto druids or holy pallies, haven't looked.

I believe if every single healer has something like this, it will make the sit back and heal approach much less viable and promote healers going very offensive. Players like Hydra who are doing something with every global and usually doing every bit as much damage as a DPS will be even better in Cataclysm.
    Formerly known as Anaeradranax, Elemental Shaman of <The Nameless> US-Argent Dawn
    Formerly known as Fuzzytotems, Resto Shaman of <Bacon> US-Argent Dawn
    Former member of the Rawr Development Team

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Actually it will be more a case of healers potentially running out of mana.
    They will no longer have their effectively infinite mana pools that they have now, actually having to prioritise healing instead of simply keeping everyone topped off.
    There will still be a place for healers in pvp, they just may not be so difficult to kill or run OOM as they are now.
    Their dispells are gonna be a rather heavier cost, and can be wasted to no effect if spammed, instead of actually only hitting something they can work on.
    i hope mana burn gets taxed harder nothing annoys me more than a priest who just sits there and spams mana burn and you cant do crap because ur skills arent hitting them hard enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by MortalWombat View Post
    My sarcasm meter just blew up and killed half the town. I hope you're happy now.

Quote Originally Posted by Iplaygoats View Post
    i hope mana burn gets taxed harder nothing annoys me more than a priest who just sits there and spams mana burn and you cant do crap because ur skills arent hitting them hard enough.
    If you allow a priest to spam mana burn then you are at fault not the priest or the spell. Its so easy to either interrupt or los it that it should never ever be a real issue if you know how to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazhr View Post
    If you allow a priest to spam mana burn then you are at fault not the priest or the spell. Its so easy to either interrupt or los it that it should never ever be a real issue if you know how to play.
    but what if ur class doesnt have an interrupt? or simply everythign you could do was done its not like every class is a pally and has a pull arsonal of abilites.also im not talking about a duel if ur playing a game where you nee to gaurd a base im pretty sure there not atking you alone while more than half ur team is trying to take a base and there not even trying to help you.
    Last edited by Iplaygoats; 2010-08-29 at 04:59 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by MortalWombat View Post
    My sarcasm meter just blew up and killed half the town. I hope you're happy now.