Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Lightbulb Lillian Voss and the Shadow Ascendants

Hello, first i would like to say that I am a huge lord nerd, and a lore data-miner. Lillian Voss, hopefully all of you have seen her video,here is a link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTQwp5otULE .Take time to watch it and think, at the quest giver states that "With power like hers, we could accomplish great things" .Lillian voss is a Shadow Ascendant class (atleast that concept) Here is a link to shadow ascendants http://www.wowwiki.com/Shadow_Ascendant. And if you read a bit of that this is helpful http://www.wowwiki.com/Forgotten_Shadow . Now, see that both Death Knights and Shadow Ascendants are prestige classes. Lillian and death knights both have glowing blue eyes(Hero CLass HInt?) Pro's And Con's of her "type" being the new Hero Class :
    Pro's:
    Glowing blue eyes like DK's
    Prestige Class like DK's
    Lillian is a new ally
    Looks like shes gonna be a big character
    Very cool abilitys (Psychic,Shadowy)
    Maybe like a deeper, more hardcore shadow priest(Shadow Priests focus on the mind and shadows)
    Cons:
    Looks like only horde can access it! (dun dun duhhhh!!! bringing back faction specific classes, but blizz has to balance that)

I don't think so. Shadowpriests need more love idea wise as it is imo.

Seems to forsaken exclusive for my taste :/

Quote Originally Posted by Sauredfangs View Post
    Thats what a con was, it is only forsaken specific now, but forsaken might share it with the horde. If anything, she will hopefully play an exceptably large roll .

Deleted
    There's nothing in the game that states she is a shadow ascendant so it's not really worth speculating further about until Blizzard provide more detail.

There's also the fact that Blizzard have never mentioned the Cult of the Forgotten Shadow or the Shadow Ascendants so far, which casts doubt over the current canonical status of these concepts beyond the RPG.

The reason Blizzard made horde pallies and alliance shamans was because they said that faction specific classes were too hard to balance. I can't see them ever bringing that back.

Spoilers follow.

I don't think one has to be Forsaken to be what Lillian Voss is. Supposedly, based on the quest text that I read, it is implied that she had great power and training before she died. That's what makes her "loss" so devastating for them. She was going to be this great power and weapon against the Undead and now she's one of them. So instead of using her great power against the Undead, she's using it against her former allies that are trying to kill her.

So whatever she is, whatever class you want to call her, she was at least capable of that power when she was human. And she wasn't Forsaken for very long before she was teleporting, disappearing, throwing lightning bolts of shadowy doom, so somehow I doubt she found the Forgotten Shadow so quickly when other Forsaken have been striving for that for years.

I think they are setting her up to take some powerful position, either in the Forsaken or in the Twilight Hammer. My bet is with the Forsaken because of the fact that they are being set up to be minus a powerful banshee queen pretty soon.

Unfortunately.

I think you're reaching with the glowing blue eyes equaling a hero-class.

It's more that it denotes incredible power for an undead person. Which all DKs are as well as Miss Voss.

Meh to many "Dark" classes already, maybe runemaster class next, I always wanted to punch someone while in a dress.

I posted a thread similar to this and got attacked so hard by troll clubs that i don't think I'll walk straight ever again -_-. While it is true that Voss had a martial arts background, she clearly is a shadow ascendant, which is indeed race specific to the forsaken, as you need to transcend your dead body to obtain it. Her martial training with paladins could not have given her the clearly evil-esque abilities that, move for move, match the RPG ascendants list of wtfpwn moves. So in short, an ascendant needs to be a badass before they die, and then, via moment of giving up on all attachments to life itself (when the guys all like hurr dur ur father doesnt love you), they ascend. Hero class, probably not, but badass character with potential for major forsaken lore, most definately.

Quote Originally Posted by Sauredfangs View Post
    Not a problem. We just kill all the humans, make them forsaken and then they ca....wait a tick....
    "Care about 'er? I love her! I'd kill everyone in the world and myself if she wanted it!"

10+ Year Old Account
    OY! You lot will be gettin' a soccer hooligan class and like it! UP CITY! UP CITY! UP CITY!

Hmm Lillian Voss becoming the new Forsaken leader is something that I'm actually kindof okay with. even though i love sylvanas.

And those Shadow Ascendants look lik they would be an AWESOM next hero class.
    Ranged DPS and..i dont know what else? maybe a melee spec? healer doesnt make sense with the "class" idea, except maybe for the uncorrupted/non-undead versions of what she is (Holy Ascendant?).
    Because having a healer spec in the new hero class would help keep a balance.

Edit: for the "holy ascendant" spec idea, think of how most Alliance priest lore is based around using the light (Holy/Disc), but alliance priests can still use Shadow spec. While on the other hand all Forsaken priests in lore are 100% shadow priests, but players can still use the other specs for gameplay balancing reasons.

It would work the same way with this class. Lillian Voss could teach more of the Horde how to be Shadow Ascendants, while an alliance High Priest could be teaching members of the alliance to be Holy Ascendants.
    Last edited by frownface2000; 2010-08-28 at 01:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by frownface2000 View Post
    Hmm Lillian Voss becoming the new Forsaken leader is something that I'm actually kindof okay with. even though i love sylvanas.

And those Shadow Ascendants look lik they would be an AWESOM next hero class.
    Ranged DPS and..i dont know what else? maybe a melee spec? healer doesnt make sense with the "class" idea, except maybe for the uncorrupted/non-undead versions of what she is (Holy Ascendant?).
    Because having a healer spec in the new hero class would help keep a balance.
    hmm... one tree would be 'holy ascendant' designed to heal, another would be 'shadow ascendant' designed for ranged dps.
    and a melee try? maybe we should call it 'disciplin ascendant'... kinda monk like, you know?
    but maybe that tree won't work out well and become a second healing tree later on, just a guess.
    sounds like a great new class to me!

Quote Originally Posted by Skollvaldr View Post
    hmm... one tree would be 'holy ascendant' designed to heal, another would be 'shadow ascendant' designed for ranged dps.
    and a melee try? maybe we should call it 'disciplin ascendant'... kinda monk like, you know?
    but maybe that tree won't work out well and become a second healing tree later on, just a guess.
    sounds like a great new class to me!
    I think giving it two healer-based trees and 1 ranged DPS tree would make the class seem too much like an "ArchPriest"
    (If you haven't run into this argument it is as follows: New Hero Class, Archdruid! All of your abilities are exactly the same as a regular druid but hit 12% harder and for 12% less mana/rage/energy)

However, the next hero class ought to have a Ranged DPS and a Healing spec. and Melee dps doesnt seem impossible to implement.
    What I would also like to see is for the Ranged DPS spec to be a caster spec, and have the class use Plate.
    That way "Caster Plate" would be used by Shadow Ascendants and Holy Pallies; giving it to 3 total specs.
    However, that leaves the melee spec out in the dark because another class using melee/str plate would be a bad idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Traman View Post
    Pro's:
    Prestige Class like DK's
    Lillian is a new ally
    Maybe like a deeper, more hardcore shadow priest(Shadow Priests focus on the mind and shadows)
    I can't see any pros here, just copy paste of DKs and senseless talking.

Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    I can't see any pros here, just copy paste of DKs and senseless talking.
    0/10. go troll somewhere else.

If you don't like the class idea, then either close the thread or make a logical argument against it.

Hmm... I'm thinking class specialization on a deeper level than talents, sort of like a new class etc, building on the Priest. I'm guessing all the other classes will have their own variants aswell.

J/K Path of the Titans was removed!
    I registered on MMO-Champion and all I got was this lousy signature.

I'm a cynic. Deal with it!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Traman View Post
    Hello, first i would like to say that I am a huge lord nerd, and a lore data-miner. Lillian Voss, hopefully all of you have seen her video,here is a link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTQwp5otULE .Take time to watch it and think, at the quest giver states that "With power like hers, we could accomplish great things" .Lillian voss is a Shadow Ascendant class (atleast that concept) Here is a link to shadow ascendants http://www.wowwiki.com/Shadow_Ascendant. And if you read a bit of that this is helpful http://www.wowwiki.com/Forgotten_Shadow . Now, see that both Death Knights and Shadow Ascendants are prestige classes. Lillian and death knights both have glowing blue eyes(Hero CLass HInt?) Pro's And Con's of her "type" being the new Hero Class :
    Pro's:
    Prestige Class like DK's
    Lillian is a new ally
    Cons:
    Looks like only horde can access it! (dun dun duhhhh!!! bringing back faction specific classes, but blizz has to balance that)

---------- Post added 2010-08-28 at 09:38 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Wilson! View Post
    Meh to many "Dark" classes already, maybe runemaster class next, I always wanted to punch someone while in a dress.
    I think the runemaster class will be a good way to experiment a healing class that uses other resources for healing instead of using mana.

It's already in the game in the form of dispersion. What a shame that every race can be a shadow priest when it makes like 0% sense.