Thread: Kitty Macro

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Kitty Macro

Hey i wanted to know if there is a Macro for Shred and claw..

Meaning a macro that will first prio Shred for when iam behind the target and use claw if the target is attacking me.

So i dont have to change thoes spells around everytime i do a quest or doing a heroic "for somehow the mobs allways end faceing me"

Why are you using claw?
    Christian Slater is the best actor of his generation. There, I said it.

Macros cannot do "If Then" commands

(if i am behind my target then I will shred, but If i am behind the target I will claw)

Also, claw? I hope you mean mangle. If your 80 you shouldnt ever use claw.

Quote Originally Posted by killarth View Post

(if i am behind my target then I will shred, but If i am behind the target I will claw)

Don't you mean level 50?
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    Joke? Doesn't affect Boubouille

Deleted
    if i remember correct
    Code:
    /cast shred
    /cast mangle
    should make you do shred when you can and mangle when you cant?

the macro doesnt look that much for the world but i think ive made it work with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Drarion View Post
    if i remember correct
    Code:
    /cast shred
    /cast mangle
    should make you do shred when you can and mangle when you cant?

the macro doesnt look that much for the world but i think ive made it work with that.
    while that would work temporarily spamming it would make you shred then mangle.

Actually, some can. Based on stance they can. I have ravage and rake macro'd to the same button. If I'm in prowl it will ravage, if I'm not it will use rake.

Also, that macro posted above would not shred then mangle, it would do one or the other. Because each uses a GCD once the macro does one or the other it cannot do the other as the macro attempts to do each immediately after the previous.
    Last edited by Hosebee; 2010-08-28 at 06:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hosebee View Post
    Actually, some can. Based on stance they can. I have ravage and rake macro'd to the same button. If I'm in prowl it will ravage, if I'm not it will use rake.
    The difference is that one is usable in stealth. As you list ravage first so it ravages. You don't spam that macro and it can't do ravage except as an opener.

Yeah, it would have been more accurate to say that this particular macro isn't possible.

Personally I have shred and ravage macroed to the same button with stealth/nostealth. There's no facing/notfacing toggles currently though.

The difference is that one is usable in stealth. As you list ravage first so it ravages. You don't spam that macro and it can't do ravage except as an opener.
    I could be wrong but I think a simple:
    /cast ravage
    /cast rake

macro would not work that well.

Deleted
    while that would work temporarily spamming it would make you shred then mangle.
    Im pretty sure it would do the first string if it can since i didnt implement cast sequence but you may be right,

Im pretty sure it would do the first string if it can since i didnt implement cast sequence but you may be right,
    No, you were right.

Both are useable in stealth. The macro has modifiers:

#showtooltip
    /cast [nostealth] Rake; [stealth] Ravage

which is essentially an If, then macro. Rake is useable in stealth, however, the macro is stating that it only be used if I am not stealthed.

I'm 99% sure you don't have to do cast sequence in order for it to cast the 2nd spell after 2 key presses

---------- Post added 2010-08-27 at 11:29 PM ----------

#showtooltip

which is essentially an If, then macro. Rake is useable in stealth, however, the macro is stating that it only be used if I am not stealthed.
    Same thing I believe as hitting the button once would trigger a "you cannot use that while not in stealth" response and then you would just rake.

#showtooltip

Does that show the tooltips correctly? If so I am a moron, I've been exhaustively copying the full text to the #showtooltip line.

I'm 99% sure you don't have to do cast sequence in order for it to cast the 2nd spell after 2 key presses
    You would have to wait for the GCD and then macro would once again do the first part of the sequence but not the second. If you added something off the GCD it would do both things simultaneously. But let's say you had this:

/cast mangle
    /cast rake

You hit the button and you mangle, causing a GCD. You hit the button again while on GCD you get "Spell not ready" so you hit again after GCD and you get another mangle.

---------- Post added 2010-08-28 at 02:31 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zaktar View Post
    Does that show the tooltips correctly? If so I am a moron, I've been exhaustively copying the full text to the #showtooltip line.
    Yes it does. It shows only the tool tip of the correct spell for your current stance.

Same thing I believe as hitting the button once would trigger a "you cannot use that while not in stealth" response and then you would just rake.
    The macro he wrote would work correctly without any error messages - I use ones like it all the time.

Yes it does. It shows only the tool tip of the correct spell for your current stance.
    Argh! Good to know though.

You would have to wait for the GCD and then macro would once again do the first part of the sequence but not the second. If you added something off the GCD it would do both things simultaneously. But let's say you had this:

/cast mangle
    /cast rake

You hit the button and you mangle, causing a GCD. You hit the button again while on GCD you get "Spell not ready" so you hit again after GCD and you get another mangle.

---------- Post added 2010-08-28 at 02:31 AM ----------

Ok, but what if you hit it twice within 1.5 secs and the first hit triggered a "could not be cast" error?

Yeah, Killarth, there is no error message because the macro reads my current stance and only uses the spell specific to that stance and ignores the other entirely. While they did remove many conditional macros (i.e. powershifting on XX energy or Mangle) they did not remove them from stances. Forms, stances, and stealth are all fair game for these conditional macros (for the most part I believe).

But to the OP. NO, macros cannot determine your position or if a mob is attacking you. This sort of action was killed before BC was released. Macros can make desisions based on combat state, stance, stealth, or reaction of target, but not if you have agro or not.
    Last edited by calair; 2010-08-28 at 06:38 AM. Reason: my spelling sucks

Ok, but what if you hit it twice within 1.5 secs and the first hit triggered a "could not be cast" error?
    You cannot bypass the GCD mechanic. So no matter how many times you hit that button during the GCD you will receive that error.