Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Just make it liek those damaging lightwells in ToC. So It's like an intelligent hot with charges or something which you need to be in range of to be healed. How hard can a solution be.

Quote Originally Posted by Ademonium View Post
    Just make it liek those damaging lightwells in ToC. So It's like an intelligent hot with charges or something which you need to be in range of to be healed. How hard can a solution be.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by Ademonium View Post
    I've lost count of how many times Blizzard have said this is NOT gonna happen /facepalm

10+ Year Old Account
    Lightwell is a nifty idea that if explained to someone who has no experience in it, well they might think it's pretty good.
    However the execution of lightwell has been lackluster. A heal which is dependent on other members to click on while they are, ya know, killing shit, doesn't enthuse me very much. I'm not confident blizzard will fix it because I think they are too in love with the idea of a little cauldron of holy goodness. Their solution to it all is to shove it up our ass for Chakra.

Quote Originally Posted by Martyris View Post
    Why do they not simple give us (holy priests) the lightwell as it is in Trail of the Champion. That one works fine.

Maybe tweak it a bit so that it becomes:

"Places a Lightwell at target location, increasing healing receiving by players standing near the well by X%. In addition the lightwell will heal the lowest percentage party or raid member for Y ammount. This effect can not occur more than once every 2 seconds. Cooldown 3 minutes, Costs S% of base mana, 30y range
    I will do the moderators a favour and keep reminding people that saying "Why not make lightwell like the one in ToC" is forbidden. Blizzard said it will never happen, so it's essentially spam and I have to admit I empathise with the moderators here, I am getting tired of seeing people say it for the umpteenmillionth time.

Lightwell is an awesome spell, even if you just stick it next to yourself to use a extra self healing, such as when blocked on sindy.

If you want to contribute to the lightwell discussions it really would be a good idea to read the posts and threads before hand, - I made a post on the first page that linked to a few previous threads where constructive discussion and arguing was made if you're interested.

I think all arguments aside, it's important to keep Lightwell unique and make it used - because it is a unique ability in the repetoire of a priest that keeps things fresh when you look at different healers - kinda like PoM, an ability that reacts differently to all the rest while achieving the same goal - thus keeping play style interesting, and in the case of lightwell, it makes things interesting for all, as they are required to contribute to their own survival.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lugo Moll View Post
    Consider this philosophical question: If Blizz fails, but noone is there to see it. Will there still be QQ?

I really think the best implementation would be for it to have like 5 charges of either a powerful instant-cast heal or a PW:shield. the idea being that a dps is dying, they can take the initiative to use it to keep themselves alive. the current implementation is completely useless.

ideally:
    "massive dot of death is used on powerogue!"
    eek *runs within 20 yds of the well and clicks it*
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    I really think the best implementation would be for it to have like 5 charges of either a powerful instant-cast heal or a PW:shield. the idea being that a dps is dying, they can take the initiative to use it to keep themselves alive. the current implementation is completely useless.

ideally:
    "massive dot of death is used on powerogue!"
    eek *runs within 20 yds of the well and clicks it*
    This is a good idea actually, considering that - for example, a raidwide damaging aoe ability is about to happen, healers prepare their heals for when it happens - boss is untargetable/unattackable for duration as people get in position. Priest drops a lightwell, that when a player clicks on provides the effective healing in the form of a shield. Make it a choice between shield/hot/instant depending on Chakra - PoH = Shield, Heal = Insta heal, Renew = HoT.
    Consider this philosophical question: If Blizz fails, but noone is there to see it. Will there still be QQ?

Quote Originally Posted by Sackman View Post
    This is a good idea actually, considering that - for example, a raidwide damaging aoe ability is about to happen, healers prepare their heals for when it happens - boss is untargetable/unattackable for duration as people get in position. Priest drops a lightwell, that when a player clicks on provides the effective healing in the form of a shield. Make it a choice between shield/hot/instant depending on Chakra - PoH = Shield, Heal = Insta heal, Renew = HoT.
    To easy, blizzard wants to make these complicated for us.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    To easy, blizzard wants to make these complicated for us.
    I fail to see how preparing the lightwell by effective management of chakra is easier than having a lightwell that is always a hot. Please enlighten me.

I fail to see how preparing the lightwell by effective management of chakra is easier than having a lightwell that is always a hot. Please enlighten me.
    You fail at detecting sarcasm good sir.

Honestly, most of the people that bash lightwell never really used it. Back before uld was released my guild was doing 25 man 3 drake OS. I decided to talent into lightwell to place it down next to our tank who was tanking sarth, and he absolutely loved it (He was also the GM). After the dps stopped getting hit by firewalls, we downed the encounter. Right now, you can even glyph lightwell to do 30% more healing. It honestly isn't as bad as most people like to believe.

Lightwell will no longer force you to target it while you use it, and if nothing else, it is and will be an awesome tank healing spell.

I think people have been suggesting Holy Form for years now. I dont understand why blizzard hasnt listened and removed lightwell. In Bc I had a priest healer who raided with us and he specced into lightwell and i have to aggree it was very useful in some situations, but in my opinion another spell would be more useful.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    You fail at detecting sarcasm good sir.
    I fail to see how sarcasm benefits the discussion?

So you are saying that the potential of Powerogue's idea is limited by player skill, and that there is already enough to manage without having to manage Lightwell considering it can be done without Lightwell's use for other healers/the Priest themselves.

I think a plausible iteration of the ability could be a targetable Lightwell that can be empowered by heals with a long lifetime (and cd), so all healers can target the lightwell and "heal" it, which puts further potential healing into the Lightwell - and then when players need it - it can be clicked providing a shield style buff, or hot or instant heal. So it could be placed at the beginning of a fight for example, and it could be slowly healed like a regular player, then when a certain ability is threatening or when a player is low on health or has a threatening deathly DoT on them, they could go to the lightwell to get a shield/heal/whatever.

They should make "Lightwell" like the Priestess's lightwell in ToC5 man, where it spews little blobs out and heals people..would make in not so useless

Quote Originally Posted by nyoh View Post
    They should make "Lightwell" like the Priestess's lightwell in ToC5 man, where it spews little blobs out and heals people..would make in not so useless
    Your just saying that to smite us huh?

15+ Year Old Account
    I used to laugh at their persistent attempt to justify Feedback in the day. Maybe they will understand lightwell has about as much use and abolish it along with the other useless priest spell.

Quote Originally Posted by nyoh View Post
    I presume you didnt read anyones replies and I also presume you won't read any more again however :

I will do the moderators a favour and keep reminding people that saying "Why not make lightwell like the one in ToC" is forbidden. Blizzard said it will never happen, so it's essentially spam and I have to admit I empathise with the moderators here, I am getting tired of seeing people say it for the umpteenmillionth time.

If you want to contribute to the lightwell discussions it really would be a good idea to read the posts and threads before hand, - I made a post on the first page that linked to a few previous threads where constructive discussion and arguing was made if you're interested.

why not make it into an actual lightwell, you know. Make it brighten up the area, add some mood lighting, and that's all it does. Maybe people would use it then.

There's no one using it in the beta, to give feedback. So how are they suppose to know if the changes are allright or not

Quote Originally Posted by Niero123 View Post
    There's no one using it in the beta, to give feedback. So how are they suppose to know if the changes are allright or not
    that's the exact problem they're having, hence all the blue posts asking people to start testing it..