Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by s1ppr View Post
    Modified Multi Shot>Volley
    This. Also this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    Our current version of Multi-Shot has not [sic] target cap. It's a little like Fan of Knives.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackarthas View Post
    A hunter shooting arrows straight up and having them fall on enemies below makes no sense, but a rogue throwing out loads of poisoned daggers from his body every 2 seconds makes sense.
    a rogue being stealth in broad daylight makes sense too :P

Volley was a lame spell.

Frankly I had no idea how it even worked indoors. Next, if somebody shot an arrow or a bullet straight up, there is no way to tell where it's going to land.

You know what else I heard? Barack Obama got elected president.

GUYS HUNTERS DONT' USE MANA ANY MORE WTF!

I don't like the change. Yeah, volley doesn't make that much sense as a spell, but using that as the main arguing point behind the change just isn't justified. There are tons of other spells in the game that, "don't make sense.".

Anyway, even with trap launcher and explosive trap they damn well better make multi-shot amazing, and the only way I could see them doing this and still keep hunter aoe competitive is to make it unlimited targets and no cooldown.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackarthas View Post
    A hunter shooting arrows straight up and having them fall on enemies below makes no sense, but a rogue throwing out loads of poisoned daggers from his body every 2 seconds makes sense.
    The idea behind fan of knives is like they are all knives tied to a thread or something, and the rogue spins around, sending them flying in a circle around him/her. I think.

Quote Originally Posted by DrBob3002 View Post
    Anyway, even with trap launcher and explosive trap they damn well better make multi-shot amazing, and the only way I could see them doing this and still keep hunter aoe competitive is to make it unlimited targets and no cooldown.
    That's what they're doing.

I'm here to make a prediction. In about 2 years during the previews for the next expansion. Hunters lvl 90 spell will be "Arrow Cascade = Continuously fires a cascade of ammo at the target area, causing [RAP * 0.083700 + 2785] physical damage to enemy targets within 8 yards every sec for 6 sec."

I kidd i kidd... Maybe..
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruargh
    I'm baffled that something this simple can be so hard for some people... I guess we can't blame blizzard for dumbing down the game any longer, because apparently it very much needed :

10+ Year Old Account
    volley was boring anyway....

Quote Originally Posted by Cluck View Post
    That's what they're doing.
    I'm pretty sure they haven't said what they're doing, just that they're doing something.
    Nyuthing!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Negridoom View Post
    I always found the image of a hunter shoving arrows into his or her guns and firing them straight into the air with the hope that they land on a specific spot be infinity amusing.
    Magic.

Quote Originally Posted by loop not defined View Post
    I'm pretty sure they haven't said what they're doing, just that they're doing something.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Our current version of Multi-Shot has not target cap. It's a little like Fan of Knives.
    It's already no cooldown on beta as well.
    Last edited by Cluck; 2010-08-29 at 04:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 4tehHordez View Post
    I've just seen a vid on youtube about this. Guys. No more volley for the hunters..
    Old news is old.

I like the change as I find all that aoe channeled spells pretty boring to begin with. Yay, 8-10 seconds of doing nothing except of watching all that damage showing up. Please, add something that would keep the player on their toes like a proc buffing some other ability.

ya idd...multi shot would be much cooler as an AoE

An ability that was only usefull for playing Recount on trash is gone. Good riddance.

The only thing they did wrong was actually removing Volley before the alternative was implemented. Hence the QQ'ing.

volley was useless in the first place.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Modified multishot means hunters get more aoe utility pre-30 aswell ye?
    Quote Originally Posted by Smithsonian View Post
    YOU ACCIDENTALLY THE WHOLE CUP?

Everyone knows you should never any liquids, especially around computers. I keep a wetvac and absorbent towels handy in case I ever any liquids. If I ever coffee though, God help me, call 911 because I have more than computer issues.

TL;DR- Always the whole thing in a safe, dry place.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxtro View Post
    Next, if somebody shot an arrow or a bullet straight up, there is no way to tell where it's going to land.
    there is:
    x = v0 cos(A) + x0
    v0= velocity of shooting the arrow
    A= angle
    x0= place where you launch it
    x= place where it lands

on topic: I think if they're removing these magic-spells, arcane shot will be the next one to disappear, or they should rename it. Imbuing an arrow with magic is in the same class than making arrows rain from the ceiling.

Quote Originally Posted by Graograman View Post
    on topic: I think if they're removing these magic-spells, arcane shot will be the next one to disappear, or they should rename it. Imbuing an arrow with magic is in the same class than making arrows rain from the ceiling.
    Mundane Shot
    An instant shot that causes X Mundane damage.