Replacing item stats

Okay, you have a great looking weapon or piece of armor that you love, but it just doesn't measure up over time. What if you could "drain" the power from one item (destroying it) and imbue your existing item with those stats. In other words, you get the stats from the new weapon you found, but get to keep the old weapon skin. Perhaps it could be restricted to similar weapon types. 1-H swords could only be imbued by other 1-H swords, for example.

10+ Year Old Account
    I doubt it would happen, it would make a lot of the work that goes into making new skins each tier for naught, once somebody finds a weapon skin they adore.

I like it. Also keep it restricted to items of similar quality - you can't imbue a legendary item with the stats of an epic item, just so you can look like you're always toting around a legendary for example.

Sounds kinda neat on paper but I can already see where this leads too:
    Rogue rolls need on tank weapon and wins. Tank: "Why do need a weapon with tank stats?!" - Rogue: "Screw the stats, I just want the model!"

Still I hope Blizzard will someday implement some way to customize the appearence of your gear.

Defiantly an interesting idea =] , and I already know the item skin i like the most ^- ^ gladiator's season 1 staff was the coolest imo =D !

So like you 'drain' or maybe 'disenchant' one item, and it becomes dusts and essences and shards or whatever, and then you can use those to 'enchant' another item adding stats to it?

It'll never work, that's just crazy talk.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.