Latest comment on CS regarding it's cooldown reduction

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crusader Strike
    I see this comment a lot, but I don't understand it. Can you explain to me why a 4.4 Crusader Strike is not strictly better than a 4.5 Crusader Strike? That might be the case if your rotation was so jam packed that you can't fit in another Crusader Strike until its cooldown drops by an entire 1.5 global cooldown, but we've gone on record saying that the rotation won't work that way. Hitting Crusader Strike even a fraction of a second sooner means a Templar's Verdict comes that sooner, letting you start the rotation again. That's a dps increase.
    I'm completely dumbfounded. I'm used to Blizzard doing stupid things with our class, but going on a record defending something that obviously defies basic reasoning, even by their standards, kinda left me surprised.

Anyways, as it was, 3sec CS was something that was too good to remain that way. Fast and mainly predictable HP generation while being GCD capped is obviously something Blizz wanted to do away with. They wanted us to have an interesting rotation. So they put consecration on 30sec cd effectively removing it as our rotational ability, CS goes on 4.5sec cd while all our dmg skills (bar CS of course) now have 40% chance of generating HP. Seems good, unpredictable HP generation leads to funner dpsing. And then comes changed Sanctity of Blade. Not knowing how much of an effect it will have on CS cooldown, i can't really say anything about it, other then expressing doubt about it's workings but i can comment on a stupidity contained in the quote.

Let me explain why 4.4sec CS is not STRICTLY better then 4.5sec CS. It requires 2 condition to be fulfilled so that shortened cooldown would have an effect. It needs a completely free GCD and CS must come off of cd during that free GCD, otherwise the cooldown reduction is wasted. For an above given example (4.4sec CS) these 2 conditions must overlap 15 times just so you can get 1 extra CS and 1 extra HP as well, of course. Obviously STRICTLY better. Now, like i said, i really don't know how haste will affect Sanctity of Battle, but i just had to take a jab at that stupid 4.4sec comment. I do hope CS will go to 3sec with enough haste, but i doubt it. And even though we are not GCD capped without rng as it would be with 3sec CS, with Divine Purpose as it currently is i think we will be close to GCD capped which, in return, makes Sanctity of Battle even more lackluster.

Anyone else feel this way? If so, your suggestions on improving Sanctity of Blade would be?
    Last edited by Fichek; 2010-08-28 at 09:18 PM.

go to the "ret paladin discussion build +######" thread and read the last 4-5 posts.

and yes a 4.4 is better than a 4.5 as untill we hit 3sec CS cd we will have open gcds and the lower the cd on CS the smaller (in time not number) those open gcds will be.

more specificly read
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...=1#post8701664
    that post and then the last post I made

Oh dang, missed that + next to beta version number. May the ever fastidious mods delete my topic, i'll join in discussion there