Shaman weapons question

Hey there,

Now, I know that enhancement shamans use two slow 1-handers. I currently use Nighttime x2. During an ICC run, I got Scourgeborne Waraxe hc because no one needed it anyway. So now I'm wondering...would it be viable to use that in my offhand?

Thanks in advance

It's a 72 weapon dps difference though. Is the speed of such big importance?

Quote Originally Posted by Moffel View Post
    It's a 72 weapon dps difference though. Is the speed of such big importance?
    Yes. Yes it is. Most of you melee damage attacks are based off weapon damage, not weapon DPS. So the 489 top end of the Scourgeborne Waraxe will do considerably less damage than the 605 top end of Nighttime.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...monzi/advanced

Quote Originally Posted by Crokey View Post
    You know you just wrote 7 paragraphs about some people you have never met, playing a computer game in a way you disagree with?

Yes the speed means everything.

1. stronger flame tongue hits (slower weapons cause more fire damage)
    2. stronger lava lash hits (deals 100% offhand weapons damage)

Stronger lava lash
    Stronger flametounge
    Stronger Stormstrike
    Greater benefit from haste
    Greater Flurry uptime

Keep the slow weapon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorack View Post
    PFF, reality. I hear the monthly fee for that game is ridiculous anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuhnta View Post
    Yes the speed means everything.

1. stronger flame tongue hits (slower weapons cause more fire damage)
    2. stronger lava lash hits (deals 100% offhand weapons damage)
    to 1. actually no, you do the same amount of fire damage. slower means less procs for higher damage and faster weapon means more procs with less damage.
    summed up they should be around the same amount.

to 2. i agree
    http://img3.abload.de/img/kalysigqgll.gif
    (As nice as your signature is, it's too large, sorry )

Quote Originally Posted by r4ndsen View Post
    to 1. actually no, you do the same amount of fire damage. slower means less procs for higher damage and faster weapon means more procs with less damage.
    summed up they should be around the same amount.
    This is correct with 0 haste. However, if you have 1 haste rating or more, which most people do, because of the greater effect of haste on slower weapons, flametounge will do more damage with a slow weapon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorack View Post
    PFF, reality. I hear the monthly fee for that game is ridiculous anyway.

stronger ll (oh attack)
    stronger ss (both weapon attack)
    more msw procs, because slower weapons have a higher ppm proc chance than slow ones, so ss and ll are more convinient for msw stacking with slower weapons

faster weapons only advantage (for enh) is static shock, because that is a flat 6% proc chance, so more hits => better here

you lose several hundred dps through fast weapon speed. unless you replace a ilvl200 slow vs a 277 (or something) fast weapon ( which will still be a small upgrade only ), i dont think it´ll be worthwhile at all

---------- Post added 2010-08-29 at 03:10 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by GingerAle View Post
    This is correct with 0 haste. However, if you have 1 haste rating or more, which most people do, because of the greater effect of haste on slower weapons, flametounge will do more damage with a slow weapon.
    wrong. the effect of haste is percentual, and so is it´s usefulness. doing 20% more attacks as a fast hitter is as good as 20% more attacks as a slow hitter. while it´s true that the total ammount of reduced swing time is bigger for a slower weapon, it does not pose a advantage.

---------- Post added 2010-08-29 at 03:14 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by GingerAle View Post
    Stronger flametongue Greater benefit from haste Greater Flurry uptime
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrjwaqZfjIY

more hits => more crits => offsets a faster consumption of flurry charges
    more hits => more flametongue procs => offsets weaker ft procs
    more hits => same percentual gain from haste
    Last edited by Omanley; 2010-08-29 at 03:40 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.