Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Moonkins - form and colors

Hi

I would rly like the boomkin form to be removed.. I rly dont like it. They changed the cat and bear last time, think it should be the tree and boomkin now. or at leastlet "us" get the same color as our hair :P I so want my Boomkin to be white

What do other Boomkin think? is it just me who dislike the form :P

The owlkin model of this shapeshift havent been updated since vanilla :/ and it should have been remade together with bears and cats.. blizzard make millions of dollars each month, why just not hire a few extra designers ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by backdraft View Post
    The owlkin model of this shapeshift havent been updated since vanilla :/ and it should have been remade together with bears and cats.. blizzard make millions of dollars each month, why just not hire a few extra designers ?
    its those high taxes i tell u!

why just not hire a few extra designers ?
    Because that would cost money.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabbic
    Hello and also one greeting to each and all,I play Mage class. Whoa I am freaking wild man. My friend if a huntear when I watch it I alway think about this. What makes a hunter Great. How can he do it. And it will be hard. Ever one else is going to get new spells so wat about the hunter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Electromatt View Post
    ruh roh, sorry i just finished masturbating, cant use english correctly.

It's the price you pay for not playing Cat.
    DO NOT ASK 4 NINNERVATE!>?

10+ Year Old Account
    For the tree part it is being re-modelled and put on a cd:/
    Anyways.... I<3moonkin form. And the dance. It's just awesome. So... For all you hippies playing one class for 4 years(and one spec for that matter), try something new :P Don't be hatin on me, I'm just saying my opinion!

Quote Originally Posted by Peppercat View Post
    It's the price you pay for not playing Cat.
    This..
    Balance is so dull imo.
    Cat ftw :P

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotiz View Post
    Because that would cost money.
    I'm pretty sure they can afford to get additional crew members to remodell outdated and unappropriate forms. WTB female meta

This thread disappoints me.

Lets talk about kittens!

They are evil and will destroy us all!
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    This thread disappoints me.

Lets talk about kittens!

They are evil and will destroy us all!
    Might be true, but do not underestimate owlpower :P

They are doing it in order of when they were created. Bear, cat, cheetah and swim form all were around in vanillas initial release. Boomkin and tree didn't get patched in until a later date. They most likely will do cheetah and swim form before boomie.

When Moonkin Form was implemented, the developers said it would be a place-holder, it was the way they found to give Balance Druids more ENDURANCE, to be more resilient.

Druids shape-change to access abilities their original forms do not possess. They turn into cats to be more offensive and into bears to be more defensive due to the lack of proper martial training. Even Tree Of Life could make some sense, since Trees are the iconic representation of Life. Moonkins (Owlbears), only have strength and stamina, they are MELEE fighters. They were blessed by Elune and all that, but they are still melee creatures that do not possess greater intellect than Night Elves or Tauren. From a lore standpoint, Moonkins were a stretch from the game developers, doing no justice to lore at all.

Blizzard said they wanted us to shape-shift more often, but that is not the case. Shifting out of Moonkin Form (and then back n) wastes GCDs, Mana, we lose a bit of Mana (due to the way Furor works with Forms) and we cannot cast Restoration spells at all. Most people could argue that Shadow Priests have the same kind of treatment, but that is not true. For starters, they are locked out of their HOLY spells. Moonkins still cast Nature spells, but they just cannot cast healing spells, which are Nature spells... So it is fairly stupid. Also, we all know what happens whenever we enter Arena or BGs in Moonkin Form. Moonkin Form + Starfall OP damage (even if the spell is easily countered) instant puts a huge red sign on top of our heads. It is not nice at all.

There was a post from Ghostcrawler saying that they thought about changing Moonkin Form, but they decided against it in the end. Changing the model is not even hinted to being done for Cataclysm launch or shortly after it. I doubt it they will change the older forms. They might even add newer forms to Worgen and Trolls, but those 'newer forms' would be just like what they did to Troll and Worgen Catforms, which are the NE and Tauren Catform models re-used with different colours and small details.

Instead of simply removing the form and giving Balance Druids a glyph to those who love the form and cannot live without it for some odd reason, they decided to keep things they way they are, unfortunately.

It is very frustrating.
    Last edited by Niter; 2010-08-29 at 09:21 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Druids shape-change to access abilities their original forms do not possess. They turn into cats to be more offensive and into bears to be more defensive due to the lack of proper martial training. Even Tree Of Life could make some sense, since Trees are the iconic representation of Life.
    This, shifting into Moonkin form does nothing to change how we play. Moonkin form is simply a Damage Buff that limits our abilities. All Moonkin form adds (in a raid setting) is 14% spell damage (10% +damage from form and 4% from Master Shifter) since the haste can be brought by an Ele Shaman.

opinion/suggestion time: Since Blizz seems adamant about keeping Moonkin form as a straight DPS buff then it should be tied to eclipse. What I mean by that is that when Eclipse is procced you are force shfited into Moonkin form, granting 15% damage for ____ Seconds. (Obviously the haste aura would become passive for speccing into moonkin form) This makes Eclipse stronger, makes it even more attractive to go for Eclipses, and allows Balance Druids to retain their group utility during fights (outside of the Eclipse sequences, though you could always cast a heal and force quit the moonkin buff)

10+ Year Old Account
    As long as we have the same mess pixel mess as our moonkin form i'll keep model editing.

I hate Moonkin, I hate druids, and I HATE Night Elves
    oddly im alliance and half my friend list plays balance druids!

scrubs....

15+ Year Old Account
    ppl that say that boomkin form does not alter the way we play and say that it only limits us to damage spells in that form are retarded, IT DOES CHANGE HOW WE PLAY, you have to think if it is truely worth it to step out of from to heal yourself emdiatly, or wait untill you get a heal (that is, if a healer dies or something like that) and it also increases damage.

also, we get an awesome dance

if you hate boomkin so much, go play at least an other spec or class and stop playing something you hate, how smart is it to willingly do something that you rlly hate ?
    Last edited by bloodkin; 2010-08-29 at 10:41 PM.
    'Something's awry.' -Duhgan 'Bel' beltayn

'A Man choses, a Slave obeys.' -Andrew Rayn

10+ Year Old Account
    I say ALL Druid forms need re-done to fit our hair color (Fur color). Aqua, Moonkin, Tree of Life, and Travel need to be completely re-done while Flight need just the color part added. I think it would be in everyone's best interest if these changed... Same with Character models.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodkin View Post
    ppl that say that boomkin form does not alter the way we play and say that it only limits us to damage spells in that form are retarded, IT DOES CHANGE HOW WE PLAY, you have to think if it is truely worth it to step out of from to heal yourself emdiatly, or wait untill you get a heal (that is, if a healer dies or something like that) and it also increases damage.

also, we get an awesome dance

if you hate boomkin so much, go play at least an other spec or class and stop playing something you hate, how smart is it to willingly do something that you rlly hate ?
    Moonkin form Doesn't change how we play.
    Cat Changes how druids play
    Bear changes how druids play
    moonkin does not.

Quote Originally Posted by Niter View Post
    Instead of simply removing the form and giving Balance Druids a glyph to those who love the form and cannot live without it for some odd reason, they decided to keep things they way they are, unfortunately. It is very frustrating.
    It is very frustrating that they are keeping my beloved moonkin form OMG cry.(sarcasm there if you didnt notice)
    Hw about instead of them giving us that love the form a glyph to keep it why don't you go ask for a glyph to remove it. That way you waste your glyph spot on it not those of us that love the form?

Quote Originally Posted by mistuhbull View Post
    Moonkin form Doesn't change how we play.
    Cat Changes how druids play
    Bear changes how druids play
    moonkin does not.
    im sorry but this is the stupidest thing i heard all day!
    that is like a spriest qqing about having to go shadowform to do more dmg....