Thread: Blood PVP

10+ Year Old Account

Blood PVP

So I'm starting to do alot of bg's to waste time until cata and I'm currently using my frost pve spec. I was gonna change my 2nd spec from tank to unholy pvp, but I don't like unholy a whole lot, so I was wondering this:
    Is blood good for BGs?
    It seems like it would be, seeing as cleaves are good for group fights and it has alot of self-heals for longer uptime. Mind you I won't be doing arenas anymore (partner doesn't even log on now), I just wanna bg for fun and make money from the honor. So the question is, what can I expect if I go blood pvp spec?

Quote Originally Posted by kalyynthefailadin View Post
    Mind you I won't be doing arenas anymore (partner doesn't even log on now), I just wanna bg for fun and make money from the honor. So the question is, what can I expect if I go blood pvp spec?
    I think you answered your own question.

Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    I think you answered your own question.

Not really, I know what you are getting at but I was really hoping for an in-depth look at the mechanics of blood pvp from people who've tried it, as blood pvp guides are basically non-existant

Quote Originally Posted by kalyynthefailadin View Post
    Not really, I know what you are getting at but I was really hoping for an in-depth look at the mechanics of blood pvp from people who've tried it, as blood pvp guides are basically non-existant
    I think your confusing viable and optimal together.

Is blood viable? yes, but right now unholy dominates because of the ease of peeling and providing various slows and a permanent pet. Not only that but unholy is anti caster.

You don't see alot of blood pvp guides because unholy is just dominate. If you want to blood pvp just to have fun and junk then do it. Practice it and you will be a master at it.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

The thing about blood pvp right now at the moment that I have experienced is this:

Bad
    1. Not having the imp movement speed tends to suck cause sometimes people just stay right out of reach
    2. You dont have imp Death Coil so you can heal yourself only if a person does not notice and decided to remove the diseases
    3. You dont quite absorb caster dmg as well as unholy does ie with the pet stun. Imp Shield to be immune or any nature like that

Good
    1. Cleaves = Awesome they are really good when you get a healer to back you up and you can just go in a Heart Strike your little heart out
    2. DPS stacking it plays a lot like all the other melee so Armor Pen is key if you can get 30% or higher that is adviceable to start for pvp you will defiantly see a diff
    3. All the blood keep my butt alive CD are just awesome but again only if you have a healer to help you.

Changes
    1. I have always been a believer that there are some skills that are just blatently needed to be given to a class. for Example
    a. Bleeds - you are using a melee weapon and for some reason the person you kill never bleeds
    b. Cleave - your swinging a massive 2h weapon that obviously can hit more than one person in a swing

Its like back in bc when the paladin was set to be a tank they always had a shield but it took 2 big expansions for blizzard to finally realize hey why cant this class shield bash. stuff like that just does not make since as to why we dont have it

Stuff like this I think would be good changes to the dk. IMO and only in my opinion I think that the way the deseases work is kinda wrong. A frost DK should focus on Icy touch and everything ICY. A Unholy DK should be focused to use PS and all the thinks about deseases ticking and everything. But a blood dk should have the use of bleeds and the effects of them and not be focused on the deseases hardly at all. because its more difficult to pvp or even sometimes pve with them due to how the system is set up.

Stuff I would like to see but may never get to is a better aoe of some type maybe a 2nd one that goes off RP instead of runes cause when you use your runes and all your CD but something happens here and there to pick up the adds that just came from no were you cant.

Deleted
    Blood is terrible imo, nothing to combat fears, nothing really to combat casters, no stun, just basically a cleave, and some heals. Nothing special. Unholy is dominant for a reason.

I dunno, I went solo against a wrathful rogue as a PvE geared Blood Tank and won because of sheer self healing.
    Unfortunately your best strategy is to outlast your opponent. DK's have great cooldowns, use them a lot.
    Apocalypse, Juggernaut, Engine of War.
    Piercing your chest with pure hate.
    Twisting within the great heart of all things
    Exist only to obliterate.

It can work just for BGs but still, UH would be a better option by far

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthDonut View Post
    I dunno, I went solo against a wrathful rogue as a PvE geared Blood Tank and won because of sheer self healing.
    Unfortunately your best strategy is to outlast your opponent. DK's have great cooldowns, use them a lot.
    It doesn't take skill to get full wrathful anymore. A good rogue would never lose to a DK. He'd just keep resetting and you'd run out of CDs eventually.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been trying it out and I tell ya, that glyph of heart strike is amazing. having enemies slowed by 50% for the entire duration of the fight is fantastic. Also, the slow applies to the cleave as well. Death strike self heals are also pretty sweet. Damage output is a little low, but the long term survival makes it really good for bg's. I would never use it in arenas however. Well, maybe
    5's, i've actually seen blood do well in 5s.

You can exepct:

1) High burst against low armored targets. Hys + Dancing
    2) Surprising Self healing from Vampuric blood.
    3) Frustration against anything that can take your hits and remove your diseases.

For cataclysm I do not know...With Blood becoming the new tanking tree, will a viable pvp spec be possible considering blood is the only spec/class combo with no form of cc available to it except for a ranged hamstring? Furthermore all diseases placed by a blood dk can still be easily removed by any healer.

That said, really wondering about this talent:

Hand of doom - reduce the cool down of Strangulate. Too high in the tanking tree to grab as frost or unholy. Unless the designers think people are going to pvp as blood this feels like a wasted talent few people will spec into. I thought the purpose of the 31 pt talents was to remove situations like this.

Your thoughts? Thank you for your time.

Play what you want in battlegrounds, blood is decent, self-heal, lots of damage on freshly dinged warlocks but no disease protection.

If you're not serious about arena where unholy is the only spec you can play, then by all means play what you enjoy.

15+ Year Old Account
    I do not know about blood in pvp gear but blood in tank gear is awesome,it may take you a bit to kill something but it is very very hard to die.Melee is like cake to me and caster are the only ones of a real threat.Blood pvp is fun for bg pvp at least,you could get away with arenaing with it fun would not reach it's full potential since you would be bad against diseases despells, unholy does good because they have protection around it blood has no such thing though you could use your rune weapon to make 2 more diseases which could make provide you with maybe 1 gcd....
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

One thing I did notice when some annoying prot paladin tried to jump me when I was in tank stuff, Death Strike still heals even if it's blocked.

[11:50:45] Earthmender Duarn says: Shamanistic healing is a complex art. You can't just chain heal all day.

10+ Year Old Account
    lol I was dueling an unholy dk and at one point he had me slowed, army popped, and was deathcoiling as fast as he could, but I kept coming. In slow motion, mind you. Just as I was about to reach him, he yells in vent Holy shit, you're a terminator!
    Deathstriked myself to full health and raped his ass

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    lol I was dueling an unholy dk and at one point he had me slowed, army popped, and was deathcoiling as fast as he could, but I kept coming. In slow motion, mind you. Just as I was about to reach him, he yells in vent Holy shit, you're a terminator!
    Deathstriked myself to full health and raped his ass
    Blood is a great dueling spec, every time the ptr comes up you see DK premades with full stamina in their pvp set dueling as blood because they know they can play to outlast. Its when you're trying to kill/control something that unholy shines.