Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    There are more Worgen bases in Cataclysm than gnome bases in the entirety of the game.

well for some reason i hope the infection spreads to all the alliance races. Doesnt seems smart to be allied with infectious doggies.
    "Those who dance appear insane to those who can't hear the music." ~~ George Carlin

Thats a Alliance disease....
    Ever seen Gnom questing hub or something? I only know Toshleys Station in Shergrat.
    Ever seen a Draenei quest hub in the old world or Northrend? I only know one broken Draenei quest hub with 2 quests or something. And in Cataclysm it wont change what I have read before, so small that its not worth mentioning
    And the Worgen wont get that much questing hubs. Unfortunately, because their buildings look great...

Quote Originally Posted by Vespene View Post
    It's the Draenei all over again.
    The Draenei are all over the place in Cataclysm though compared to Wotlk and BC, there's about four of them in one of the Alliance bases in Twilight Highlands there's most likely a lot more in other Alliance bases in that zone too, they're in WPL and EPL too, and Stonetalon Mountains helping the Night Elves.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pamer View Post
    And the Worgen wont get that much questing hubs. Unfortunately, because their buildings look great...
    The Worgen are getting cities in Stonetalon, Felwood and Blasted Lands and at least one hub in Duskwood. Not counting the spread out Worgen NPCs, including a full crew of Worgen pirates.

Duskwood says hi Twilight highlands as well (there is some foraken anda gilnean camp close to that new"Arena" Thingie.

dont forget drans got swamp of sorrow with the harborage an velen showing up to chill

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    The Worgen are getting cities in Stonetalon, Felwood and Blasted Lands and at least one hub in Duskwood. Not counting the spread out Worgen NPCs, including a full crew of Worgen pirates.
    ROFLMAO ..cities? ROFLMAO ... yoou mean the Howling tree in Felwood and Darnassus, Farwatchers Glen is NIght ELf built despite the worgen and high elf population there. Duskwood has tents and Blasted Lands is the only thing that has more than one solitary structure.

Which is why I think that if they made Theramore humans all Worgen and had a rebuilt THeramore like Gilneas City then changed some of the Alliance southern barren stronghold to Gilnean architecture rather than Stormwind, then it would really bring them into the alliance quite well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    ROFLMAO ..cities? ROFLMAO ... yoou mean the Howling tree in Felwood and Darnassus, Farwatchers Glen is NIght ELf built despite the worgen and high elf population there. Duskwood has tents and Blasted Lands is the only thing that has more than one solitary structure.

Which is why I think that if they made Theramore humans all Worgen and had a rebuilt THeramore like Gilneas City then changed some of the Alliance southern barren stronghold to Gilnean architecture rather than Stormwind, then it would really bring them into the alliance quite well.
    It'd take away from their theoretical uniqueness in the Alliance, same with Goblins. It's not a hugely populous race to begin with and your character begins as a survivor of a Forsaken siege. How, exactly, would they spread? Their disease is taken care of by the end of your character's initial arc!
    In fact as far as I'm aware the UK is the only european nation that outright bans guns for civilians.
    Shotguns I'll give you (provided you're allowed 12 and larger gauges... because I mean... come on...) but not .22s.
    This is why people ban guns. Gun supporters don't know what guns are.

Quote Originally Posted by vanin View Post
    Draenei have the same problem: They don't have much lore to begin with when they are introduced into the game. How many Draenei can be seen in Azeroth barring their starting zones? 50? There aren't many of them, simply because they are a race alien to Azeroth, are few in number and don't have much relevance in the lore we are currently pew-pewing through for loot.

Granted, the Draenei are present in huge numbers in Outland, but so are the Blood Elves and the BE are important in Azeroth aswell, simply because they are native to it. It is much easier to integrate an already existing race into the game rather than invent a new one and make their appearances logical. If we saw Draenei all over the place as we see Blood Elves or Goblins, atleast I would find it weird.

In Cataclysm, the Draenei-Blood Elf difference is repeated again with the Worgen and Goblins. Goblins are present in large numbers in many zones in Azeroth as neutral quest hubs, and obviously even the Horde Goblins will know more of the world than the newly arrived Draenei or the recently unisolated Worgen will. The Goblins and Blood Elves will already have connections, something the Alliance counterparts lack. This is why the Worgen and Draenei are seen so much less than Goblins and Blood Elves: The new Horde races don't need to be fully reintregated into the Warcraft lore and Azeroth, they have been there from the start, while the Worgen and Draenei are completely new in their current shapes.
    You are correct about population issues, but the Draenei are still very absent from doing anything new, like, I was expecting Velen to be one of the heads of the assault on the Undercity because he prophecized that Varimathras was working for Sargeras and he wanted to kill him immediately before he summoned him. But nope, the Draenei are just sitting there.

It doesn't make sense to not include the Draenei in some parts of lore advancement, like in the aforementioned idea. For example, the Draenei could establish a colony somewhere like in Ashenvale and get attacked by Horde, calling back to the Draenor conflicts and it would be a nice questhub for either faction, especially with more widespread use of phasing. The Draenei could have been introduced to Druidism by the Night Elves and their Broken relatives in Cataclysm, but that was done for the worgen.

It feels like the Worgen race will indeed get overlooked, because they aren't very widespread throughout the world, but also because Lore continues to really reflect on the races that were in Warcraft 3, because the writers have a better idea of what to advance the lore on.

We can still hope the Draenei get a little quest hub in Forest SOng not the 3 tents what they have now.

Deleted

Theramore and Northwatch aren't Stormwindian, they are Kul Tiran.

The Gilneans just came out of Gilneas, yet they have MORE bases than the gnomes, for example.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Theramore and Northwatch aren't Stormwindian, they are Kul Tiran.

The Gilneans just came out of Gilneas, yet they have MORE bases than the gnomes, for example.
    They're neither. Theramore is Lordaeron/Kul Tiras/Quel'thalas/Dalaran/Maybe some Gilneans

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Azalu View Post
    They're neither. Theramore is Lordaeron/Kul Tiras/Quel'thalas/Dalaran/Maybe some Gilneans
    I meant strongly influenced by the Kul Tiran style.

Deleted
    The worgens are allmost wiped out by ud, and they have self control now(on lvl 5 i think you get the "shot" from king greymane and get selfcontrol) so they dont just run around and bite whatever they see. And due to isolation the curse didnt spread outside Gilneas.
    So imo thats why there are only a few worgens towns outside the starting zone, and only a couple of random npcs around the world.

Why would the Theramore residents suddenly change their architecture? Because they caught a disease?

Do you redecorate every time you catch a cold?

So, they become Worgen. They would be Theramore Worgen, not Gilnean Worgen. Even if Gilneans came to help, they wouldn't rebuild the island.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phenomina View Post
    Sometimes faction pride goes beyond rational lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Cluck View Post
    No no this is Warcraft, not Lovecraft, I know it's confusing with both of them having old gods, but they're different.
    Knarg: "Man, the Alliance are always either shrieking that they're losing or shrieking that they're winning. What's with that?"

Quote Originally Posted by Wysard View Post
    Why would the Theramore residents suddenly change their architecture? Because they caught a disease?

Do you redecorate every time you catch a cold?

So, they become Worgen. They would be Theramore Worgen, not Gilnean Worgen. Even if Gilneans came to help, they wouldn't rebuild the island.
    Don't see why not, the story goes that Theramroe got burned to the ground due to the Worgen curse running out of control.. although the denizens aren't originally from Gilneas, they get turned to Worgen and it is the Gilneans that come to their rescue with the Night elves

This happens when you get to Theramore around the level 35 area.. off course the events happened before we start the cataclysm adventure, but after the night elves cure the worgen mind. It's not a difficult thing to add though...and it is not improbable.

Basically you want a much larger worgen community and a much larger worgen impact on the alliance.

It doesn't really make sense that curse came over stormwind when you're moving the worgen main base of operation to Kalimdor so you can have Gilneas city as a warzone. So why not use the humans on Kalimdor to become worgen? To me this makes sesne and is exciting tbh, Kalimdor is primarily a night elf, worgen and Draenei hub for the alliance ... with the new worgens and the peaceful draenei having really strong ties to the helpful night elves. You the player might be a Gilnean Worgen, but your numbers get bolstered when theramore denizens turn worgen. You want more than just a tree or caravans of Gilnean architecture in the world.. then let the outbreak have caused such mayhem Theramore burnt to the ground, at least enough people got saved and cured such that all the humans you now meet in Kalimdro from theramroe are Worgen - whether htey're Gilnean worgen who moved in to help and rebuild theramroe or Lorderaon ex citizens.

Long and short, Therarmoe gets rebuilt but with Gilnean architecture, some of the alliance forward bases in Southern Barrens have a distinct gilnean architecture, some retain the stormwind architecture. It's really odd that therarmoe should have Stormwind architecture instead of Lorderaon architecture in the first place anyway don't you think.
    Last edited by ravenmoon; 2010-09-01 at 03:24 PM.

No worries when Ill raid Varian Chynn in Cata ill kill some worgan in the SW sewers or w/e they b calld.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's more than enough furries yiffing around. It's only a matter of time till every worgen settlement becomes a new "Pr0nshire".

no mattr.gilneas worgan or x-hisotry worgan. worgan is worgan.period.