Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

You know you're addicted when...

Ok something that happened to me today made me write this. It was also the last and most convincing thing I needed to decide to quit wow.
    It all started today when I went to this food place(sorta like fast food, but not as unhealthly, we call it burek, smth like meat pie). Anyway it's a common place to go while at break from work becaus you get food instantly and eat it in 5-10 mins and go.
    Anyway when I walked in there were 2 persons already in there, sitting next to each other on seperate tables.
    My 1st thought was that they, like me came alone to grab a bite and then leave, and during the 5 mins I've ben eating my meal non of them spoke. As I was ending my meal, they both ended theirs at the same time, and one of them asked the other 'Did you eat enough?' like are you fed, whatever.

And to my great surprise the 1st thing I did after hearing that was looking up above their heads to see if they're in same guild, because why else would they speak to each other right?

Anyway I'm quitting wow in 2 days(subscription ends).

So, whats your story about your wow mixing with RL?

10+ Year Old Account
    When you know this website.

15+ Year Old Account
    Mhmmm börek. Ty for reminding me of food whole fastening!

;P

When all you think about during real life activities is WoW

Also, when you make these threads

Quote Originally Posted by Merrena View Post
    When all you think about during real life activities is WoW

Also, when you make these threads
    pretty much this :s

Only thing similar I've done before is once I pulled out the change in my pocket and started counting it then realised I was thinking ''right, got 1 gold and... 60 silver''

u know ur addicted when u start wondering if u can get your wow account ensured..think i spelt it right

Deleted
    "yes i will buy it, it's only 10 gold" ...
    "fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu"

when you are so bored at work you spent almost the whole morning reading and posting in mmo-c :3

wait, that means i'm addicted to mmo-c?

Deleted
    Some insect woke me up by buzzing noisily around my ears.

I growled "TOOOOOO SOOOOOON!" *Blush*

Ive done quite a few of these..

after a 1week LAN when we are heading out for pizza hut, i said to my mate- "I gotta get mana to the car before we eat, is that okay?".

At the same place, different LAN, we were heading downstairs to his kitchen and I go "wtf, I can't mount.." and he starts laughing like a madman, and I went "ooooh, riiiight.. we're inside".

2 of the most memorable.. I'm such a geek sometimes.

-

I'm becoming a father in 3-4weeks and im gonna stand there and shout; "YOU ARE NOT PREPARED" as my offspring enters the world.
    Is this a sign of addiction or just comedy ? You decide.
    Last edited by baddetiger; 2010-08-30 at 12:00 PM.
    Kom alltid ihåg att du är helt unik. Precis som alla andra.

When you make threads like these so you can feel better with your own addiction issues... -_-
    BoOoOoOmMmM!

Quote Originally Posted by Umchilli View Post
    Ok something that happened to me today made me write this. It was also the last and most convincing thing I needed to decide to quit wow.
    It all started today when I went to this food place(sorta like fast food, but not as unhealthly, we call it burek, smth like meat pie). Anyway it's a common place to go while at break from work becaus you get food instantly and eat it in 5-10 mins and go.
    Anyway when I walked in there were 2 persons already in there, sitting next to each other on seperate tables.
    My 1st thought was that they, like me came alone to grab a bite and then leave, and during the 5 mins I've ben eating my meal non of them spoke. As I was ending my meal, they both ended theirs at the same time, and one of them asked the other 'Did you eat enough?' like are you fed, whatever.

And to my great surprise the 1st thing I did after hearing that was looking up above their heads to see if they're in same guild, because why else would they speak to each other right?

Anyway I'm quitting wow in 2 days(subscription ends).

So, whats your story about your wow mixing with RL?
    I don't think this indicates an addiction, more than likely just a bit of confusion, if you play world of warcraft whenever you can and when you're not playing world of warcraft, you're thinking longingly of playing world of warcraft..then yeah, Id say you're addicted. This just sounds funny. However, if you're constantly doing things like this, then yeah, I'd say you should spend less time on WoW .

"Oy, mate, I do have a level! Er, life!"
    I pretty much denied myself there. D;

I play WoW with my dad, and his IGN is Bachardi. One day, I called him Bach, at the grocery store and he responded just like it was his name... we even didn't realize it until a few minutes later...

Deleted
    Well Ive also quit...

To me its like smoking, We know smoking is Bad for our health, all the warnings are there...

Actually that's a Bad and totally incorrect reason I quit..The Real reason is! This game is Full of Wankers... Ive met some Real Wankers in my life through School, college,
    Work & down the Pub, But I've never Found Such a massive collection in one place...

When you try to q your mic like your in vent and your talking to your mom in the car

Its a sign of addiction when I was more happy when I killed the Lich King than when I Passed my exams and my driving test the week/month before. :<

Deleted
    Not a sign of addiction as such but I often wonder if we play too much WoW when my husband refers to me by my in game name. I do have a real name you know dear. Or sometimes when we're sitting right next to each other and he'll talk to me on vent.