Thread: Multi-shot

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jrtje View Post
    This new Multishot doesn't make sense at all.

They remove mana because it is not hunterish and they remove volley because arrows falling down the sky isn't really realistic..
    But a multishot that is the same as fan of knives is ofcourse hunterish.. I mean everyone can shoot like a dozen of arrows at once in all directions
    This all the way.
    Vol'jin fanboy

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fenixblade View Post
    Why would it ignore CC? No other AOE in the game does.
    Pestilence does, if you count it as AOE

360 fan of knives with no resistance and no aggro??

gogo holy nova.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetn View Post
    u forgot something else
    classes arrent goin to look like eachother as much anymore as it does now classes spels ect look to much alike....oh wait a minute....MultiShot is structured similar to Fan Of Knives
    aaaaaaaaaahhhhhh
    Hunters = Rogues FFS BLIZZ WTF U DUIN??!1

Deleted
    Some people are taking the blue's responce too literal..../facepalm

Quote Originally Posted by swiftfeet View Post
    Some people are taking the blue's responce too literal..../facepalm
    This.

I guess it will be something simmilar to Multi-Shot right now, only hiting more stuff instead of 3 mobs - like ranged FoK, hiting everything around chosed target.

you guys and your ability to misread blueposts simply amazes me. Of course gc meant it behaves like a fok on your TARGETS location. Do you really need to have spelled out every single bit of it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic new multi-shot is EPIC! And yes, it will break CC, and no I don't see why this is a question that is being brought up.

In vanilla when you had to CC and do kill order on targets, even on 5-mans, Hunters would seldom use multi-shot on packs unless the only mob being CC'd couldn't possibly be hit by multi-shot, or in other words, the mob was out of range.

In Cataclysm it looks like a lot of the new content will follow this vanilla concept, once again making many of the mundane encounters challenging and more engaging.

At the end of the day remember one thing, trash is trash, and an alive Hunter is far better than a dead one. You can't dps while your dead, and you can't even fill those oh so precious DPS meters while eating dirt. Same rule applies to bosses.

Concentrate on your job in each fight, and now how to use all the utility of your class and you'll be far more valuable to your raid or 5-man than the guy doing slightly higher dps at the expense of whiping the group.

That's my estimate.
    Except that's NOT like Cat swipe, which is limited-angle. (Bear isn't, but Bear | DPS)

"Like FoK" can mean a number of things, guessing at this point is just that.

people who say the new multi shot is just as unrealistic as volley.. with a bow it may be a bit(but again its a game afterall) but then using a gun it makes perfect sense to hit multiple targets(realisticly if they use a shotgun and not a rifle) as a shotgun round tends to spread(some of them does atleast)

You guys make my brain hurt... ok few points.

1) Blue posts have said AGAIN AND AGAIN, AOE will not be the main way to take down groups like it is in Wrath, you will CC and single target them down. You will use your aoe for those big pulls full of little guys with 1/5 the normal hp of your average target, and maybe for some bossfights. If you're aoe-ing in the fights where you are also using CC, YOU'RE HUNTER-ING WRONG.

2) @ multishot being unrealistic compared to mana and volley on a hunter... quit grasping at straws. While yes, obviously it's not possible, the question is, is it possible in the laws of reality in WoW, and yes, hunters (a nonmagical class) are much more likely to fire 10 arrows at once than they are to fire endless groups of like 50 arrows every second that fall magically from the sky. It fits the class better to do it this way, it doesn't require 100% suspension of disbelief. Find something real to complain about, there's plenty.

3) I love when people qq about abilities being like other abilities. WHO CARES, they look different and they fill a niche, there are only so many things they can do with a standard aoe, what do you want from them? jesus.

New multi shot = diablo 2 amazon multi shot which is pretty /win imo.

Why would it ignore CC? No other AOE in the game does. You must control your abilities to control CC, not your abilities control CC for you.

For those that are confused, make a feral cat dps, go up to some mobs, and start using Swipe. Cat energy and Swipe will be exactly like Multi shot and focus. It's the only mechanic that makes sense. Fan of knives is similar in a resource standpoint, but too many numb skulls are taking it too literally and thinking it will fire in 360 degrees... use your brains fellas.

Multi shot:
    No cooldown
    35-45 Focus
    Hits all targets around your current target within a 5-10 yard radius

That's my estimate.
    There is a difference, the one that Multishot is or at least was part of a hunter's single target dps rotation. It wasn't if you had Aimed shot, but now that Aimed shot is only MM, BM and Survival only have Multishot left, multishot was ok cause you could control the 3 targets cap to make sure you don't dps something you wouldnt want, but now it is becoming a problem, of course it is not if we completly remove Multishot of our rotation, but even if I haven't tested anything with the new focus and all the changes, it looks like survival and BM will be spamming their 2 abilities, making hunter's rotation bleh.

That's my concern.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhaide View Post
    You guys make my brain hurt... ok few points.

1) Blue posts have said AGAIN AND AGAIN, AOE will not be the main way to take down groups like it is in Wrath
    Reality>Statements. In the Stonecore vid, again, there are numerous AoE packs, including AoE packs mixed with normal packs AND 2 of the 4 bosses require AoE on adds.

2) @ multishot being unrealistic compared to mana and volley on a hunter... quit grasping at straws.
    If we're a non-magical class, explain arcane shot.

3) I love when people qq about abilities being like other abilities. WHO CARES, they look different and they fill a niche, there are only so many things they can do with a standard aoe, what do you want from them? jesus.
    There are quite a few kinds of AoE, and most DPS specs have several, often including ones on cooldowns which are quite powerful. Having only a single kind of AoE is restrictive, in comparison, especially given how little utility we bring.

Bisso - That was unfortunately inevitable from the way Focus is constructed.

Look at the talents and masteries. Arcane shot for sv and kill shot for bm is all you really need as focus dump. multi won't have ever made into a single target rotation anymore anyway.

No, of COURSE in situations with 2-3 targets we wouldn't of used multi, exactly like it's, er, used today. Hm. Oh, maybe we would of done.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn Falcon View Post
    Reality>Statements. In the Stonecore vid, again, there are numerous AoE packs, including AoE packs mixed with normal packs AND 2 of the 4 bosses require AoE on adds.

If we're a non-magical class, explain arcane shot.

There are quite a few kinds of AoE, and most DPS specs have several, often including ones on cooldowns which are quite powerful. Having only a single kind of AoE is restrictive, in comparison, especially given how little utility we bring.

Bisso - That was unfortunately inevitable from the way Focus is constructed.
    ok

I'll address each point in order

1)I never said there WOULDN'T be aoe packs, but in that stonecore vid, did you see a lot of CC on those easy aoe packs? No, I've watched it too. Very rarely in WoWs history, vanilla through now, have you seen the necessity to CC a couple targets, then pull the rest out and aoe, it has happened, but its rare (Freya's room in ULD comes to mind). Usually it's one or the other, I never said you NEVER aoe, read my post again.

2)Arcane shot, ONE ability does not a class make, spriests are getting a frost spell, are they now ice spellcasters? Maybe the hunter puts a rune on his arcane arrows, think Arcane Archer from DnD (look it up if you don't know, it's basically straight out of it), just having a spell named arcane shot doesn't make you a magic class, they use much more poison (stings and venoms), but you don't hear hunters called a poison class either.

3) aoe boils down to aoe, cooldowns, amount of damage per second, while important, dont change the mechanics of the aoe, its still simply damage over an area. THEY ARE ALL BASICALLY THE SAME with a couple small differences like Bear form's new aoe bleed. If they added a bit of damage to multishot and gave it a 3 second cooldown, which you claim to be an important variation, you wouldn't hear hunters going THANK GOD, NOW ITS UNIQUE AGAIN, they would likely complain, because they always complain.
    Last edited by Rhaide; 2010-08-30 at 08:11 PM. Reason: SP

Quote Originally Posted by awebz View Post
    high focus cost no cooldown imo, just like rogues since similar resource system
    Rogues abilities use energy which regens on its own.

Some hunter abilities will cost focus while others generate focus. It's more like runic power.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sengura
    So 10 posts and no definitive answer...

TO ELITEST JERKS!
    Quote Originally Posted by PBitt View Post
    People really will find anything to complain about. Too bad I don't care because I quit the game because they made the hunter class color lime green and I think it would be SO much better had it been a grass-colored green.

10+ Year Old Account
    It could be like shockwave but with a wider radius of effect but not hit targets that are 5 yards or less away from you.

It'd be funny if you can use this to unstealth rogues (make it non targeted like shockwave).
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS