Thread: Affli Macro

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account

Affli Macro

Hey all
    Im looking for some macro to keep my dots up at least some of them. Im affli spec.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quartz!
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker)
    Warlocks are hard.

I have big icons with numbers counting down via X-Perl and quartz is also really good I just don't like its dot timers
    Pyrotix Destruction Warlock
    stalk and kill 6/8 Heroic 25 man apply today

Deleted
    1st what you mean is an Addon, not a macro.

2nd
    -Quartz is good
    -ForteXorcist is ok
    -you can also choose the X-Perl option Assassin proposed
    -IMHO the best way is a combination of PowerAuras (requires some setting up) +Quartz. I use PA for the DoTs and Quartz solely for the channeled spells to monitor the ticks.

If you could try to clarify what it is you want.
    If you mean an aid to tracking the durations then yes the suggestions made will do that, but if you mean macros for a specific purpose then you will need to be more specific.
    Like say for some add-fights, like saurfang a focus haunt macro will allow you to keep corruption rolling on him while you still hit the blood beasts.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think what he wants is some sort of a /castsequence macro but not only do those not work, it could actually lower your dps to use one.
    The only usefull macro for an Affli lock would be a "/cast (@focus, exists, harm, nodead) Haunt; Haunt"
    What i meant with my short but insightfull first reply was that there are no macros that can do the job of a Lock. You rely heavily on your DoT Timer(whichever one it is), CD timer, Proc tracker, your eyes and your brain.
    You have to judge by yourself when: to recast UA so it doesn't clip while not letting it fall off for too much; to recast Haunt depending on your positioning from the target; to fire off another Shadow Bolt before refreshing CoA or not etc
    The days of the "one button spam SPriests" are long gone and, hopefully, they're not coming back.
    there was a time when, as a SPriest, you could macro all your spells into one button and keep spamming it for the duration of the fight and maintain a perfect rotation. Silly isn't it?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker)
    Warlocks are hard.