Poll: Most powerful playable class, GO!

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    druid for the win i mine just look at malfusion
    no beta

Quote Originally Posted by Sengura View Post
    So you're saying that Druids/Shamans rely on an outside source for their power? How does that make them strong as a class? If something were to sever the link between the Druid/Shaman and 'nature' and 'spirit' then those classes would be rendered helpless. For example, if someday Malfurion got ported to a planet that has no 'nature' then he'd be only as strong as his inner strength, which apparently isn't much since he relies on nature as his source of power.

That's why I see characters like Medivh to be more powerful, because their power comes from their inward strength. Sure Medivh has several Mages in him, but they're still in him! Take him to that deserted planet and he'll still be able to wreak just as much havoc. He doesn't have to get on his knees and pray to an outside force to lend him their strength.

Malfurion is strong, but only in Azeroth, remove him from his source of power and he will be a weakling. Classes like Mages, Warlocks, Warriors, Rogues, Hunters, and maybe DKs who don't rely on a diety or an outside source are more powerful I think. P.S. I know Mages/Warlocks rely on an outside source of magic, but arcane and fel magic are limitless and can be found within everything and everywhere.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, kamehamehas are more reliable than spirit bombs.

Edit: Again, that's my opinion. Everyone has their own. Only real way to find out is to ask the TRUE Gods, the creators themselves.
    true about everyone with their own opinions. And I completely agree that Warlocks/Mages are probably stronger on their own but Shaman/Druid can harness more raw power if the time comes. Those four all can wield power to varying degrees.

The thing is, why are paladins up there?
    We are Legion. We do not forgive. We do not forget. Expect us

well the other classes are physical so id say any caster class would be more powerfull lore wise. so shaman druid mage warlock

warlocks are meh, demons r so tbc, mages have some party tricks, but id say druids and shamans with control over elementals and nature is potentialy limitless. so it comes down to the old druid vs shaman thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mages, hands down.
    They can bend fabric of cosmos to their will and shit. Magic users in general are way more powerful than sword-swinging barbarians. Poof! And you're turned to ashes, or thrown into the Abyss. That's for melee classes. Ranged non-mages on the other hand are dangerous too. If their attack range > yours, you're basically fucked. Unless you can take n-teen shots and survive.
    That's why you need me.... Need someone to punish you for your sins.

Aegwynn, Medivh the most powerfull mortals ... The Guardians of Tirisfal. Idd druids shamans warlocks are strong but mage is the most powerfull class imo !

Deleted
    Warlocks. Hands down. Gul'dan literally shattered a whole planet (Draenor) all by himself using demonic powers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Druid for the simple fact that they are on azeroth to insure balance. long ago druids only took one animal aspect. This was all they needed. Since shit has hit the fan druids have picked up all the aspects they can. So they increased there strengths to keep balance (Every thing not of nature gets +5 then nature will grant druids +5). This ability to match strength and maintain balance makes them the strongest, in my humble opinion. love you.

I voted druid.

They have the power of nature itself. They can control the vines of the tree's, they can create tornado's, they can create lightning weather where need be.

How can anything be more powerful than something that controls nature itself?

Though ofcourse, shamans are relative close, but they have more rules to follow when it comes to controlling the nature.

Edit:
    Shame though that many people assume that a paladin is stronger than a mage or shaman Lorewise. Really sad.

Durid can liek go meow and skratsh jou or beer and mall jou or turn into a tri and heel or owl and nuk jou

Bad English intended
    Emotional Skyscraper ~ Cosmic Mind

depends on what we're talking about
    Potential or average power?
    potential power is that class taken to the extreme. the best best best druid ever vs the best best warrior ever.
    quite a different matter is average power, or the power level attributed to the average, randomly picked member of that class in lore.
    Druids seem to have massive potential power as evidenced by Malfurion and a few handful others like Hamuul. In general they also appear to have a respectable bit of power, hinted at when the Night Elf campaign focused on waking them in times of strife as a sort of last resort/ultimate weapon.
    Potential rating:11
    Average Rating: 7

Hunters have seen a few outstanding examples such as the Windrunner sisters who are extremely proficient and capable. Overall their power levels seem to be potent, but generally lacking as compared to other classes. While the most visible group of lore hunters (The High Elven Rangers) are considered a powerful sect, they are treated as powerful as an army, not particularly as individuals.
    Potential rating:9
    Average rating:4

Mages are shown in lore to be potentially vastly powerful with Antonidas and Medivh and Jaina paving the path(or Medivh's mommy). In general they are also apparently very powerful with mages being treated as near nobility in many lore situations and overall respected highly on all accounts for their power. Never heard of anyone in lore saying "mage?hmmm dunno, maybe we should hold out for a paladin" it's always "mage? we got a mage..fuck yeah!"
    Potential rating:10
    Average rating:8

Paladins have shown powerful examples of fantastic power with Uther and Bolvar and the like, however few earthshattering events like the moving of a city or destruction of a world or etc can be attributed to them. their impacts tend to be more political. they kill the general, not the entire army. generally they seem to be regarded as really awesome warriors or really awesome priests, captains and generals and kings, but not unapproachable fonts of power.
    Potential Rating:9
    Average Rating:6

Priests dont really show up on many people's radars and for good reason. there are a few examples of grand power in the priesthood such as Tyrande, but even her magic prowess seems to pale compared to many others. their power appears to lie in the sort of magic used rather than the power of it. quality over quantity indeed.
    Potential Rating:8
    Average Rating:5

Rogues are like priests, a few shining gems that are epic win, but even those would in all likelyhood fall against the shining examples of other classes. they also have the paladin's niche of being more prone to use proper application of smaller amounts of power to achieve results rather than simply overwhelming power.
    Potential Rating:7
    Average rating:4

Shaman are very powerful lorewise...we think. Thrall and Ner'zul(before he became a warlock)are/were extremely powerful at any rate and shamanistic power has shown inklings of unbelievable power.... if the elements care right now. that unreliability is a major detractor even if it never seems to have an impact in game. most shamans do appear to be revered as leaders and powerful casters though not feared on the same level as say mages.
    Potential Rating:10
    Average Rating:6

Warlocks..warlocks are portrayed as powerhouses. Even mages, who regarded as being among the most powerful of mortal beings(lore-wise) are tempted into the schools of warlock magic for the greater amount of power they offer. Also their potential power is crippling. Gul'dan, commonly held to be the most powerful mortal warlock ever, raised a volcano by himself, among other actions. Never has it been said in lore "well he's only a warlock" or anything along those lines. warlocks, save for those that are merely apprentices in the art, are taken extremely seriously as they pose tremendous power both individually as separate warlocks, and as a group of nearly unfathomable power, such as Gul'dan's original Shadow Council.
    Potential Rating:11
    Average Rating:9

Warriors. well Warriors can be most excellent combatants and widely regarded for their skills. Look to Varok Saurfang, Grom Hellscream, or Varian Wrynn for examples of warriors at the top of their game. As a class though they suffer from the same problem as hunters in that the vast majority of warriors in lore are regarded as the workhorse of an army. Each warrior might not be powerful, but you have lots so it's ok. the standard run of the mill warrior has negligible power,while the exceptions to that rule have tremendous power.
    Potential Rating: 8
    Average Rating:4

and Death Knights. Death Knights.
    Death Knights are feared as much as Warlocks. the power they wield makes them foes that cannot be ignored or put to the backburner. they are the best among the undead, standing somewhere not far below the Liches in terms of magical prowess, while more than matching even abominations for physical combat ability. they are not to be trifled with, they are however definitely fight able. we are not dealing with old gods or some of the demon races that simply cannot be soloed lore-wise outside of a stars align on a already powerful hero scenario. any death knight is a threat to anyone else in lore. as far as potential ability we are left without much information. the best known is ARthas, however his power stems from being the Lich King, which is basically a class in and of itself and can be considered separate from death knights. however Teron Gorfiend is an example of a generation 1 DK that holds such power as to be nigh-indestructible. he has died many times and doesn't stay that way and he is more than a match for most adversaries be they single opponents or massed attacks.(recall that our player characters are considered to be extremely powerful as far as lore tells) also Darion Mograine is perceived to be of considerable power, though we do not know the extent of it.
    Potential rating:10?
    Average rating:8

so overall i'd say that druids have the potential to be the most powerful, however your standard run of the mill warlock or death knight will be more powerful than your standard run of the mill anything else.
    “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    They're greedy soulless monsters for not handing me everything for my 15 moneys a month!