Macro to Switch Gear

I was wondering if there was a way to macro switching pants/gloves on with one button, and back off with another? I use my Mage T9 gear to bump up my molten armor, and I have had one too many instances where I click too fast or something, and the gear doesn't go back on...so I end up doing a fight with T9 on :|...

Give this a go. (Leftclick/Rightclick)
    #showtooltip Molten Armor
    /equip [btn:1] Sunstrider's Leggings of Triumph
    /equip [btn:1] Sunstrider's Gauntlets of Triumph
    /cast [btn:1] Molten Armor
    /equip [btn:2] Sanctified Bloodmage Leggings
    /equip [btn:2] Sanctified Bloodmage Gloves

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

Though I am curious as to whether that would work, maintaining the buff from the t9 even with it no longer equipped.

If you make two gear sets with the base blizzard UI, can you not drag them onto your bars as clickable buttons? That way it does the macro for you.

A: Get outfitter B: ...this can't possibly work? You get the bonus from wearing the gear, if you switch out of it...you no longer have the bonus...what is the point of this? You can't switch gear out in combat so this just seems...unnecessary.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Though I am curious as to whether that would work, maintaining the buff from the t9 even with it no longer equipped.
    Far as i know it should. I remember having fun with the 4 (i think) piece bonus on T1 for druids + glyphed thorns. 1 hour thorns buff was somewhat amusing :P

---------- Post added 2010-08-31 at 02:44 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by kiliaan View Post
    A: Get outfitter B: ...this can't possibly work? You get the bonus from wearing the gear, if you switch out of it...you no longer have the bonus...what is the point of this? You can't switch gear out in combat so this just seems...unnecessary.
    The bonus applies to the spell at the moment of casting. Swap out, after the cast, and the bonus on the already cast spell "should" remain.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    It remains, but is not refreshed when you re-equip nor if you gain a smiliar buff. An example is you can maintain a fully-stacked Libram of Three Truths stack for the 15s it's active when you swap to Libram of Valiance, but the effect is canceled if you gain the Valiance buff or swap back to LoTT. At least that's how it works for Paladin Librams!

Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    It remains, but is not refreshed when you re-equip nor if you gain a smiliar buff. An example is you can maintain a fully-stacked Libram of Three Truths stack for the 15s it's active when you swap to Libram of Valiance, but the effect is canceled if you gain the Valiance buff or swap back to LoTT. At least that's how it works for Paladin Librams!
    yeah, they fixed double dipping on Relic slot items for Shaman / Dk / Paladin / Druid because it was possible to get and maintain some pretty signifigant effect buffs with just the sacrifice of a global cooldown refresh every 12 seconds or so. They probably have not bothered doing the same thing with most set bonuses because set bonuses are largely active only during your rotations. Things like the Molten Armor set bonus effect probably are low enough down the list that they dont care. If that was a 5% dps bonus or something, then it might get an overhaul.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kiliaan View Post
    A: Get outfitter
    Or just use the feature Blizz gives you?

As of right now it works, Molten Armor's spell crit is calculated when you cast it and remains the same for the 30 minutes.

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator