Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    IDK if this was already said but I'm sure nothing can beat the feeling of getting realm first 85 or realm first class 85 because your achievement is blasted onto everyone elses screen on your entire server including both factions while they are still probably 81 or 82 at best. IDK I would get a huge rush out of that. You can always see all the content while leveling on your alts. I have three 80s myself.

Really you're also skipping out on a lot of content, just rushing though the levels like that. After a couple weeks no one will even remember who you are after getting the achievement, anyway.

Getting realm first level 85 is like feeling feeling up my cousin that time in the pool when I was 14; it isn't something I'd talk about anywhere but the internet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightfist View Post
    He was all like "DEATH STRIKE!" and then he was all like "RUNE TAP!" and then Sarth was like "Skillz, bro." and died.
    Quote Originally Posted by bahamut5
    Jolly good thread folks. Too bad that it was locked.
    See what I did there?

Although i myself wont even think of that achievement because it takes away the gaming experience for me. I would still respect a player for having gone through with it, i mean he must have wanted it.

I think calling people no lifers and complaining about that when you are a fellow wow player is a bit mean i mean we are all bros!
    Norway Ftw!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Exxile87 View Post
    Getting realm first level 85 is like feeling feeling up my cousin that time in the pool when I was 14; it isn't something I'd talk about anywhere but the internet.
    Wait... Wat?
    Sometimes I will log out in Roleplaying gear, so if my stats in the image below, seem ridicoulously low, then that's probably the reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by Martyn 470 View Post
    this banhammers gonna hit harder than puberty will hit justin bieber

Anything that gives you a bigger epeen is worth it and the one you get with this achivement is HUGE!!!!

Its abit like saying hey guys is it worth it to do X I mean I could do doing Y which I think is way more fun why would anybody do x. People are diffrent to some people yes to other no. Does that make anything of it better or worse? Its abit like haveing a discussion what is best pve or pvp? You can never come to an agreement since its a matter of choice and its just useless trying to have an discussion about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Exxile87 View Post
    Let's leave it between you me and the internet ok ?... oh wait

WHen i think about fat kid sitting in front of the PC devouring cheetos and red bulls i reminded my self a joke

Jack is coming back to home from school and yells " Mommy mommy i got A+ in school"
    Mom answers "So what? you got cancer anyway..."

Point of the joke is, replace school with WoW and A+ with achievement....
    "Close your eyes and start runing, wall will find you on it own" - Onearrow
    "Life tap is such a great ability! But why didnt blizzard think about ability that would take your mana and regain your health instead.... oh... wait..." - Entalpia

Quote Originally Posted by Khainos View Post
    Wait... Wat?
    I typed "feeling" twice...fuck I fail this morning...

Quote Originally Posted by -Dalliah-
    *grabs popcorn*
    Tell me more about your cousin.
    Is your name Chris Hansen?
    He was all like "DEATH STRIKE!" and then he was all like "RUNE TAP!" and then Sarth was like "Skillz, bro." and died.
    See what I did there?

There's so much insecurity in this thread. I don't get why it would instantly mean NO LIFE. Who cares? You got to level 85, bask in your glory. If I was the world's highest ranked football athlete, people wouldn't say YOU HAVE NO LIFE. It's the same context, why isn't it taken in the same way? World of Warcraft and sports are hobbies.

Personally I don't think there's really a great enough reward and incentive to be the first level 85 player. It's a cool thing to bring up I guess, but it doesn't necessarily mean the achievement is necessarily something to brag about, because it's not exactly showing skill like [25man Deathwing kill] or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Geeza View Post
    No, you get an acheivment. That's all. No titles, no mounts nothing. It's a waste of time. You have to wait for 4 more guy's to ding 85 anyway to do anything =/
    Except you have no idea what you're talking about. Chances are you'd have to wait a couple hours, maybe MAYBE a day to have plenty of people to run with, and while it's just that small select group you've got a good chance of it being people that are actually competant. I know the first couple days of running heroics in wotlk while most of the population was still leveling or trying to learn how to handle dungeons was quite fun.
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

Worth of that is to ones self. I'd love to get it, but as I have a job and an ill father, I won't have a chance. And it isn't like it will take forever. Without help you will be able to do it in about 24 hours. If you are on this forum I already assume you've played one or multiple video games for 24 hours straight.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

Blizzard removed the title because the incentive was too great and people would be skipping work/school which is bad.
    Did people still do that? Yea.
    Did as many do it? No way in hell.
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    If someone could transform Satan's anus into a potent powder, I would totally snort it.

There's a very limited supply of these achievements. Most people don't want one, fine. A few do want one, so they're going to try and get it, fine. Why is it necessary to insult them so much if you don't want the acheivement?

- On one hand you have the lore and the experience of discovering new lands.
    - But on the other hand, theres a levelling race that isn't going to be seen again for at least 2 years. If people want to match levelling wits and see who gets to 85 first let them.

Herald of the Titans Baabinator's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Half of the people will GZ you.

Half of the people will call you a no-life retard.

So, both yes and no.
    Scars show you the remnants and failures of the past.

~¡¡¡!!!AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STOP ASKING ABOUT MY AVATAR, I DON'T KNOW!!!¡¡¡~

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, it makes you THE best character on your entire realm ever for just some minutes and your computer will most likely crash due to "gz" spam. Awesome indeed.

Go for it!
    Vol'jin fanboy

Bloodsail Admiral Overmind the 3rd's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greystreet View Post
    I couldn't be any less concerned with Realm First Anything than I already am.
    Modified to properly express my sentiments.
    Serve the hive
    Feel the groove
    I control
    The way you move

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm just gonna take it slow with 80-85, take in the Lore and Quests slowly, which makes it fun. Also my gf's first expansion to experience every bit of content with. Realm First just seems a tad sad anyways, but to each their own I guess.
    Last edited by NatePsy; 2010-08-31 at 04:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by -Dalliah- View Post
    Would Chris Hansen eat popcorn while catching predators online? :O
    He probably does...
    See what I did there?

If being the first to reach the level cap excites or fascinates you, I'd say it's worth the effort. It takes good planning, perseverance and efficiency to do, and can be rewarding.

It's a once-per-expansion opportunity, so it can't take up too much of your time. I've considered trying it myself, but I fear it requires a preliminary knowledge of quests and dungeons that I'd rather acquire at my own pace in the course of level-up on the live servers.

A world first is a very awesome thing to have in WoW, but for me its not worth trying because I can't stand playing that long in one go, and also I would never get it anyway.