Question from a new lock...

Freshly minted 80 lock has a quick, simple question for the experienced locks out there: what is your "rotation" or priority spell list for running 5-mans? I have read and understand the raid/boss priority list but obviously much of that doesn't apply to instances when everything is being AoE'd down/killed so quickly. I'm currently spec'd Affliction...should I just dot-dot-tab then spam Shadowbolt on tank's target, spam seed of corruption, just rain of fire, or something entirely different? Just don't want to be known as "that idiot lock" when I start the dungeon grind on this toon...

Thanks for helping the newb lock

normal mobs in there you can corruption then repeatedly seed the target the tank is on... when you reach the bigger mobs (100k variety) you can probably work in your normal rotation (probably only get through it once though)...

really, your only priority in there is not to be a mana suck on the healer (lifetapping to no end) and not to pull aggro...
    Last edited by Peepo; 2010-08-31 at 08:31 PM.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Affliction isn't really the spec of choice these days for heroics (but continue to play it if you enjoy it!). Ramp-up time is too long: stuff is dead before your "rotation" really gets going.

If your tank can hold stuf and there are three+ mobs, Seed of Corruption. If not, Corruption then Shadow Bolt spam (or just Shadow bolt spam if stuff is dying too quickly). DPS won't be great, but that can't really be helped. Your mileage may vary - but the above is at least a start; trash in heroics just dies way too fast with current gear levels.

You can look up "standard" rotations and use them on the boss fights - but, again, things may die too quickly to get a real idea of where you're sitting.

Soulwells (cookies!) and not pulling aggro make everyone's life easier.