I need a bit of clarification about LK

Now after Arthas is dead, and Bolvar taking his place.
    When Cata hits live, when someone does ICC will he face Arthas, or Bolvar .. and if it is Bolvar, how will he fight given that he's now enclosed inside the Frozen Throne?!

sorry if it's been discussed before but I just couldn't find it.

Deleted
    You will fight Arthas basicly with the arguement ''you are in a different timeline''

(although this is more confusing for new players then updating it, which would require more work and seeing Burning Crusade and Wrath are newer then Original suppose we'll get those updated later, or never :P)

Will fight Arthas because technically the game considers yours the group of people who actually kill him.

Northrend is `Frozen`.

Couldn't find answer to this, but here goes anyway:

So how is WPL and EPL then for level 1-60's? Are they like in Vanilla since the LK is still alive "as in timeline" or will they be all new blooming flowers and shit or whatever Catac brings? ...ooooor am I missing something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Consider WoW to be like a series of books (not the WoW Books, boy those are trash). Once you read one and proceed to another, you now know what happens in the previous book. That doesn't enable you to ignore that the book happened.

So to make it easy for you

- Vanilla (Book I)
    - Burning Crusade (Book II)
    - Wrath of the Lich King (Book III)
    - Cataclysm (Book IV, moves forward the story presented in Book I but does not deal with the events in Book II or III directly)

Though the events in Wrath do play some role in the updated lore in Azeroth and Kalimdor. Luckily the majority of our "Great Space Adventure" is being happily ignored.
    Last edited by Anjerith; 2010-09-01 at 03:06 PM.

You will fight Arthas.
    It's just like Mankrik's wife.
    Countless people have told him she was found dead, yet when someone new walks by, he asks that they find her.
    The game is an MMO, but it's player-centric and the story evolves around the individual (even though you may or may not have killed Arthas pre-Cata and disregarding the fact that you need more than just you to beat him).

Quote Originally Posted by Epicachu View Post
    Couldn't find answer to this, but here goes anyway:

So how is WPL and EPL then for level 1-60's? Are they like in Vanilla since the LK is still alive "as in timeline" or will they be all new blooming flowers and shit or whatever Catac brings? ...ooooor am I missing something.
    Western plaguelands and eastern plaguelands will be updated to reflect that the lich king is dead, yes.

Check http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...rn-Plaguelands and http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...rn-Plaguelands for details. (Spoilers!)

Outland and Northrend will still tell a pre-Cataclysm story. It's a little confusing since players actually experience these stories after they quest through a post-Cataclysm Azeroth, but that's just how it works.

Maybe some day Blizzard will change Outland and Northrend to be more consistent, but it probably won't be before the expansion after Cataclysm and definitely won't be in for Cataclysm's release.

The Eastern/Western Plaguelands will show a weakened, post-LK scourge. In the case of the Western Plaguelands the plantlife has been largely purged of taint.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

Thanks all

But I find this a bit weird, I mean .. Northrend is now considered a part of Azeroth world .. it's not just like Outland which is remains of Draenor .. Outland is another world completely .. but Northrend needs to be updated to be a post-Cataclysm zone!

too much creativity here. there have only been a handful of cases where old raid/story content was revamped for big content releases, like expansions (onyxia, naxxramas) are the first to come to mind.

you'll never see them re-address brand new content, like WoTLK for the consecutive expansion. What i mean is, you won't see them take freshly released content and give it a facelift (I.E northrend). Why not? because it just came out....it's very recent there's no reason to (as apposed to say... Deadmines).

Raid bosses don't "die for good" unless they plan to re-use content. It's a video game, and altering quests, content, and NPCs to keep up with an ever changing story, on this scale is an massive undertaking. Not gona happen.
    Last edited by Shmo; 2010-09-01 at 03:49 PM.

I really don't care, after getting countless headaches over the Zelda timeline, the Northrend/Cataclysm timeline just isn't that hard to swallow.

Quote Originally Posted by Skilz View Post
    I really don't care, after getting countless headaches over the Zelda timeline, the Northrend/Cataclysm timeline just isn't that hard to swallow.
    I always thought Zelda didn't have any timeline. Each game being in a separate (albeit similar) universe...