15+ Year Old Account
    Man, that thing looks beast.

10+ Year Old Account
    Any other new models? :3

Looks more like a hydra then a chimaera. But its still awsome

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by loop not defined View Post
    Where is that from? I can't for the life of me remember the name of the movie.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow thats badass.. scary and hideous, but badass. Nice find!

Quote Originally Posted by -Dalliah- View Post
    @ OP
    You sure it's a Chimera?
    Looks more like a Hydra :/
    Looks like it might be based on the hydra model. As for it not looking like a chimera, well aren't WoW chimeras (or at least Azerothian ones) meant to be natural beasts, pals of the Night Elves?

So the chimeras we see in WoW aren't really proper mixed up nasty chimera like we see in mythology or other ips. This, on the other hand, seems to have been stitched up by one of Nefarian's lackeys while most chimeras at least look like they grew that way. Seems quite messily done but Nefarian's lot don't seem too concerned with style or panache, they prolly just glued some bits of hydra on some cats or something. That's assuming it is Chimaron.

Reminds me of the metroid queen:

WoW characters that need/deserve to get killed/punished/otherwise removed from the story: Tirion(dead now), Thrall, Malfurion, Sylvanas(soon?), Jaina, Tyrande

Quote Originally Posted by Vasti View Post
    Reminds me of the metroid queen:

i was thinking the same bloody thing the entire thread.
    that's definitely a 3headed metroid queen
    “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    They're greedy soulless monsters for not handing me everything for my 15 moneys a month!

When you think something can't get any uglier...

Of course it's a Hydra.

It's obviously for the Deathwing poop quest.

Based on the name I'm guessing... a Chimera? Lol. Probably a creation of Nefarian's personal alchemist guy (forget his name). Also probably the one he refers to as "an unsightly pest"

Who has Godzilla's phone number?

Also, more actual chimera.
    "Care about 'er? I love her! I'd kill everyone in the world and myself if she wanted it!"

Quote Originally Posted by Mc89 View Post
    Looks like it might be based on the hydra model. As for it not looking like a chimera, well aren't WoW chimeras (or at least Azerothian ones) meant to be natural beasts, pals of the Night Elves?

So the chimeras we see in WoW aren't really proper mixed up nasty chimera like we see in mythology or other ips. This, on the other hand, seems to have been stitched up by one of Nefarian's lackeys while most chimeras at least look like they grew that way. Seems quite messily done but Nefarian's lot don't seem too concerned with style or panache, they prolly just glued some bits of hydra on some cats or something. That's assuming it is Chimaron.
    Well, models are often named by their concept, not what they actually are called in-game. For example, the wretched model is called a "crackelf"(lol), or Bolvar being called "lavaman". This creature, w/e it may be called in-game, will likely be more befitting of the traditional chimera. That is, a mixed up creature made by an alchemist. That is, traditional in fantasy, not in mythology.

Oh my god want to tame. Nao!
    "Cataclysm could have used more of Nozdormu. I think all he did was show up shirtless to Thrall's wedding."

-Anonymous priest

Bloodsail Admiral DownButStillOut's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuke1096 View Post
    Well here's the concept art for it.

I'm guessing it might be Chimaron who is one of the new bosses in Blackwing Descent.
    Im 100% ositive its going to be Chimeron, though, the concept art looks way better than the in-game model currently.
    BeeeeeeeoooooOOOOoooooooooooooooOOOO-FFFSSSHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMM!!!
    My attempt at being less of a pessimist was choosing Dawnbringer as my choice of server.
    I regret somethings! (like setting this in my signature)

Quote Originally Posted by Nuke1096 View Post
    I'm guessing it might be Chimaron who is one of the new bosses in Blackwing Descent.
    This sounds the most likely, yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorack View Post
    Well, models are often named by their concept, not what they actually are called in-game. For example, the wretched model is called a "crackelf"(lol), or Bolvar being called "lavaman". This creature, w/e it may be called in-game, will likely be more befitting of the traditional chimera. That is, a mixed up creature made by an alchemist. That is, traditional in fantasy, not in mythology.
    I quite agree, it probably is just the concept's working name.

Interesting parallel - notice how Warcraft's wyverns are seldom called that? Seems to me that Blizzard realised the potential confusion it would cause should they ever want to introduce proper wyverns. Obviously they won't back-pedal on the names of the "chimeras" in game already but instead have called the boss which probably uses the new model Chimaron. Now it might be the bosses name or it might just refer to any sort of one-off mix up monster.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherfall View Post
    Where is that from? I can't for the life of me remember the name of the movie.

Dude, it's Willow! :O

-1 Nerd Rep
    Nyuthing!