View Poll Results: what is your favorite wapon type as ret?

Voters
209. This poll is closed
  • 2h swords

119 56.94%
  • 2h maces

70 33.49%
  • 2h axes

20 9.57%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Verigan's Fist

My first (and only) character is a Paladin and rejoiced for many days after soloing the quests and SFK for it at lvl 25.

I put a "Greater Impact" on it and used it to lvl 42 when i decided to try Protection.

Wish I'd kept it. Weapons should be upgradeable–I would use this all the time!

Deleted
    Want more paladin 2h maces and polearms.

Because there are no good looking maces (i.e. paladin hammers), and axes are out of the discussion, I have to say swords.
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

15+ Year Old Account
    my submarine. it's long, hard and full of seamen.
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=28800

for sure! so, yeah, 2h maces.

(dang I wish they would bring this weapon back in cata or something :3)

I would definitely prefer to use a sword if i could choose between equal stats.

this poll atm displays my preferences exactly.

2h swords at the top. Folowed by 2h maces,a nd lastly 2h axes.

Yet 2h Swords are hardly ever used by blizzard. We get Axes the most, then maces and then the rare sword Exactly the opposite of what it should be.

Swords should be swapped with axes.
    More 2h Swords, less Axes, and more axes with agility and less Swords with agility!!!
    WoW characters that need/deserve to get killed/punished/otherwise removed from the story: Tirion(dead now), Thrall, Malfurion, Sylvanas(soon?), Jaina, Tyrande

You forgot polarms, dgaf if you don't like them, not a valid poll unless every weapon option is listed, so this poll ultimately fails
    Ya dangus

10+ Year Old Account
    Spear. I wan't an epic version of the Blood Elf Paladin spear you get from quests...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronark View Post
    2 handed Swords for my elf, namely my Apolyon, the Soul-Render in the bank
    Not quite AS exciting, but I still carry my Stunherald around with me in my bags.
    "You little hoochees!" - Daos, Lord of Terror

Quote Originally Posted by PraisetheSun View Post
    "NEENER-NEENER RETS ARE WIENERS."

Armaggedon was awesome 2H sword for naxx/wotlk release. Ulduar had ugly swords. ToC didn't really have any. Icc use 1 model of sword for marrowgar 10man and LK 25. Vanilla and BC had best ones.
    WoLK was full of axe some cool mace like ones in Icc

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by jangkun View Post
    Armaggedon was awesome 2H sword for naxx/wotlk release. Ulduar had ugly swords. ToC didn't really have any. Icc use 1 model of sword for marrowgar 10man and LK 25. Vanilla and BC had best ones.
    WoLK was full of axe some cool mace like ones in Icc
    ToC had a sword for each faction but they had hunter stats... reckoning and i forgot horde's sword

Quote Originally Posted by Critterbot View Post
    Well, certainly not axes, so sick of those, there really was a lot of them in WotLK. For me, maces seem the most apropriate for paladins although I'd grab any weapon as long as it's not an axe...or polearm, there was that polearm in VH with strength. We may see more of them in Cata. Bottomline is if I had 2 weapons with the same stats where one was a sword and the other a mace I'd take the mace
    Like myself, but in reverse. I appreciate that maces are slightly more "Paladin-like", but I just like the elegance of the sword.
    Last edited by PetersenII; 2010-09-03 at 06:17 AM.

Deleted
    Maces, for sure. Can't remember where I read it but the Silver Hand seem to have some kind of disdain for swords, I personally wouldn't go that far but maces just feel more fitting. WotLK had so many axes it was hard not to take something like BoH or Bryntroll which was disappointing, especially considering the role of Paladins and Death Knights in the expansion.

2H Swords, for sure!

I wouldn't trade my Glorenzelg, High-Blade of the Silver Hand not even for a Shadowmourne

Polearms got the least used animations. I like them.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahi View Post
    Polearms, hands down. My draenei used to be a blood elf, and they look awesome when they spin around with polearms
    +1 for Polearms

Quote Originally Posted by Guilday View Post
    2H Swords, for sure!

I wouldn't trade my Glorenzelg, High-Blade of the Silver Hand not even for a Shadowmourne
    If it didn't knowingly cost me 1800-2500 DPS on heroic Lich King, I would completely agree.

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Pif View Post
    Tbh I don't care which but one thing I would love is if Tauren paladins could were those huge tree logs
    Agree 100%

Quote Originally Posted by Vizardlorde View Post
    i dont consider polearms a ret weapon, thats a feral/hunter weapon that we are forced to use when our luck sux
    A Polearm is near BiS (2nd to precise) http://www.wowhead.com/item=50735

15+ Year Old Account
    Maces as first option Swords behind it everything else i pretty much crap sick of Axes and
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?