Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Cake anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzinjoe View Post
    The same way you have during the entire expansion. Vellum, Darkmoon decks, starter epics and the occasional glyph. Glyphs are a scribe's lowest income. I have no idea what you're all whining about.
    Are you even a scribe? or haven't you been playing since the start of WOTLK or it's your server... But what you are saying isn't correct.
    Vellum: Is a some income but really not that much.
    Darkmoon: WTF, These stopped selling when ToC 5 came out.
    Starter Epics: again WTF > ToC 5 man
    Minor glyphs: Good source of income.

In addition of making off-hands we will be able to make relics and librams etc. But we should also be able to make trinkets and in addition to that we should get boss drops to keep up with the competition with the standard stuff that drops. The whole ToC 5 man incident is black page in our books.

The biggest change, Glyphs are no longer a consumable item. You learn them and can swap them at any time after that, without having to buy them again.
    As a non scribe, I love it.

I reckon scribes in general won't be pleased by this though.

Quote Originally Posted by Peta View Post
    Are you even a scribe? or haven't you been playing since the start of WOTLK or it's your server... But what you are saying isn't correct.
    Vellum: Is a some income but really not that much.
    Darkmoon: WTF, These stopped selling when ToC 5 came out.
    Starter Epics: again WTF > ToC 5 man
    Minor glyphs: Good source of income.

In addition of making off-hands we will be able to make relics and librams etc. But we should also be able to make trinkets and in addition to that we should get boss drops to keep up with the competition with the standard stuff that drops. The whole ToC 5 man incident is black page in our books.
    Wow you're looking at the profession now, at the end of the expansion. I looked at it as a whole. Every profession offers a burst of income at the start of every expansion. And guess what. Inscription offers the biggest burst of income. The amount of money you could make off of starter epics and darkmoon cards more than made up for any disadvantage you might have had towards later stages of the expansion.

And yes I have a scribe as well as every other profession. I sell vellums like a mad man. Excellent way to make money.

---------- Post added 2010-09-06 at 04:11 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Linksil View Post
    Maybe it's different on your server... but on all 3 of the ones I've been on.
    Vellum sales: none or not even worth the cost vs herbs.
    Darkmoon Decks: Were okay for a bit, but the only people that buy them for the last year have been people working on insane. Also the randomness of the cards made profit way too low.
    Epics: Well free epics and badges removed this totally. Wasn't even worth it to DE it before either unless needed that one last shard for enchanting.
    Glyph: This is were the money was/is. Yes you have to log in every hour or so and check for undercuts (usally 3-4 different people on each server do this) But you make a lot more then any other source of income. I only posted twice yesterday and I made 1k. 1k in like 10 mins of work.

JC is kinda the same way, the more you watch it, the more you'll make... but it's def making more money vs my inscription.
    I sell vellums like crazy on my server. Guess it is different. And you talk about cost vs. profit. I never ran into that issue since I have a herbalist and never spent anything on mats.

If you want to compare profit though on my server for instance Scribes have it the best. Herbs are dirt cheap on the ah whereas JC have it hardest since cut gems almost exclusively sell for less than uncut gems. So buying raw mats isn't even an option for them.