Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneru View Post
    First of all, wasn't Teron Gorefiend (BC quest & BT boss) a warlock? He was Gul'dans apprentice, so I'd say so.
    Teron Gorefiend was a death knight... yes the Horde had death knights before the Scourge... play warcraft 2...

And no there is not a lot of notable mortal warlocks just because of how they are looked down upon by most and so usually practice their art in secret...

---------- Post added 2010-09-02 at 06:49 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by SuperShaggy View Post
    Making a pact with Demons is never really good, but sort of a "Fire against Fire" could be true... but that's the Demon Hunters' forte.
    If you didn't figure it out when locks took the demon hunter main ability then let me spell it out for you... warlocks are the playable version of demon hunters... there will never be a demon hunter class... all demon hunters were basically warlock/rogue hybrids anyway...

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by gunner_recall View Post
    Teron was a death knight.
    ..... He started out as an orc warlock....

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by jpillz View Post
    Well that would make sense considering Warlock means "oath-breaker" or something like that because they are Wizards who have denounced God. So technically speaking, they're all evil.
    Just because they are without god doesnt mean they cant have a righteous cause.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ScorchHellfire View Post
    Teron Gorefiend was a death knight... yes the Horde had death knights before the Scourge... play warcraft 2...

And no there is not a lot of notable mortal warlocks just because of how they are looked down upon by most and so usually practice their art in secret...

---------- Post added 2010-09-02 at 06:49 PM ----------

If you didn't figure it out when locks took the demon hunter main ability then let me spell it out for you... warlocks are the playable version of demon hunters... there will never be a demon hunter class... all demon hunters were basically warlock/rogue hybrids anyway...
    Because having an imp helping you cast fireballs = being a blinde guy with glaive weapons hacking through waves of demons right?!

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Because having an imp helping you cast fireballs = being a blinde guy with glaive weapons hacking through waves of demons right?!
    The demons you summon are definitely enslaved. They don't have a choice.

In old Dungeons and Dragons, evil clerics controlled undead/demon through turning, whereas good clerics destroyed or repulsed them.

Deleted
    I WANT A LOCK LEADER! >.< Who am I meant to look up to?
    Also Death knights spend Woltk being accepted and having a bunch of good NPC's. Warlocks have friendly been here since vanilla and not so much as a warlock sidekick for a lore charater.
    Blizzard doesn't wove me anymore. D:

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by strossus001 View Post
    The demons you summon are definitely enslaved. They don't have a choice.

In old Dungeons and Dragons, evil clerics controlled undead/demon through turning, whereas good clerics destroyed or repulsed them.
    I..Don't...Urgh...

What does this even have to do with my statement??????

Yeah the warlock forces his demons to help him cast fireballs, that does not make him the same as a skirt-wearin, glaive-wielding, blindfolded, tattooed demon-chopper...

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    I..Don't...Urgh...

What does this even have to do with my statement??????

Yeah the warlock forces his demons to help him cast fireballs, that does not make him the same as a skirt-wearin, glaive-wielding, blindfolded, tattooed demon-chopper...
    Demon hunters are "good", hence destruction. Warlocks are "evil", hence enslavement.

It wasn't a cryptic message. You said "imp helping you". Help suggests option.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by strossus001 View Post
    Demon hunters are "good", hence destruction. Warlocks are "evil", hence enslavement.

It wasn't a cryptic message. You said "imp helping you". Help suggests option.
    -_-'

10+ Year Old Account
    I've read a lot of the comments here and I don't think I got some of my ideas completely across. Okay, let's say all warlocks are evil. Then why are they wasting their time in the alliance and horde? Why aren't they just making some huge evil organization to summon back Sargeras or something? Yeah there's the twilight cult, but they're different. My point is, they are helping the alliance and horde so there should be at least one warlock who is known, even if he is sort of distant and hated by some of the leaders. Maybe he/she could be in the same position as Moira Bronzebeard in Cataclysm. She's hated, everyone knows who she is, and yet she is still powerful. Although in this case it is political power, but you get the point. Even a position like Rhonin’s as the leader of the Kirin Tor. He played a part in the expansion (Ulduar video and the Nexus Wars a little bit), he's powerful, and he's important. And another thing, if people aren't okay with there being some noble warlock who is valiantly fighting for his/her faction, which I would be furious about as well, then why not show a warlock who is insanely powerful in like just one cinematic, yet is not corrupted by the demons. Since that seems unlikely, unfortunately, my final hope is that there will be someone like Erunak Stonespeaker in Vashj'ir and Throne of the Tides who plays a role. If you don’t know who that is, go watch some videos on Vashj’ir.

I think wrath of the lich king was more about the fact that the light never falters and that the light shall prevail against the dark but I could be wrong.

Then again that was kind of what burning crusade was about but they were demons so that kind of fits with it as well.

However if you are looking for a "good" warlock you might be in a bit of a situation, there can be good warlocks based on personal opinion I guess, but who knows how that applies in game.

Mace Windu used Force Crush on General Grievous. It seriously damage his internal organs and left the General a shadow of his former self.
    Force crush is universally seen as a very violent, dark, and evil technique. Almost only ever used by Sith, not Jedi.

Before this attack, the General was able to take on at least up to six Jedi at once, end the fight with not so much as a scratch on his chassis, and the utter defeat of the entire group. If not for the attack of Mace Windu General Grievous would have remained an unstoppable juggernaut of terror and death, killing off every single important character in the Star Wars franchise.

Sometimes walking on the dark side is important.
    "Care about 'er? I love her! I'd kill everyone in the world and myself if she wanted it!"

Quote Originally Posted by Negridoom View Post
    Mace Windu used Force Crush on General Grievous. It seriously damage his internal organs and left the General a shadow of his former self.
    Force crush is universally seen as a very violent, dark, and evil technique. Almost only ever used by Sith, not Jedi.

Before this attack, the General was able to take on at least up to six Jedi at once, end the fight with not so much as a scratch on his chassis, and the utter defeat of the entire group. If not for the attack of Mace Windu General Grievous would have remained an unstoppable juggernaut of terror and death, killing off every single important character in the Star Wars franchise.

Sometimes walking on the dark side is important.
    Slightly off topic I'd say, but yes, sometimes you have to be a bit dark to help the light.

I also wouldn't mind to see some more warlocks alongside the Horde / Alliance in-game, but don't ask for them to be good guys. Don't ask for Warlocks giving quests to save Northrends baby seals from death by clubbing. Just accept they're evil and give them evil quests.

There's plenty of annihilation in WoW, warlocks could be useful in that. Also, evil quest chains are usually quite fun. Nalice and Serinar in Dragonblight (Black Dragonflight, not warlocks, I know) are definitely evil, but their story and attitude makes their quest chain quite cool, even though it's just another grind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynati View Post
    Patience and reason do appear to be in short supply these days in the gaming community.