Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Fulmination only uses a maximum of 6 lightning orbs. Which means if you have 5 orbs on you, it will use 2, to bring it back to 3. If you have 7, it will use 4.

The purpose of the glyph is to ensure that you consistently GAIN orbs by casting your spells, and you will no longer lose them if you have a rogue, feral druid, warrior or another melee class on you. This prevents said class from focusing you when they see you have 6 or 7 stacks on you (in order to prevent a massive burst unleash). No matter what, you will keep gaining orbs instead of losing them when someone attacks you. I'd say thats mandatory for elem PvP...

EDIT - Read it wrong. Seems useless.
    Last edited by Garuk; 2010-09-02 at 06:59 AM.

I know the Lightning Shield glyph is worded a little strange but it is in fact for Elemental PvP, and for situational PvE.

"Lightning Shield - Your Lightning Shield can no longer drop below 3 charges from dealing damage to attackers."

When does Lightning shield deal damage to attackers? When you get hit by the attacker.

Without Glyph: You have 6 total charges of Lightning Shield. You use Earth Shock, Fulmination deals damage. You consume 3 charges of Lightning Shield, you have 3 left. A rogue hits you and Lightning Shield procs. You have 2 charges left. You gain 1 charge of Lightning Shield. You Earth Shock, Fulmination does not deal any damage.

With Glyph: You have 6 total charges of Lightning Shield. You use Earth Shock, Fulmination deals damage. You consume 3 charges of Lighting Shield, you have 3 left. A rogue hits you and Lightning Shield procs. You still have 3 charges. You gain 1 charge of Lightning Shield. You Earth Shock, Fulmination deals damage.

There is still a Water totem that gives you all of the Elemental Resists, but the Glyph combines it with Healing stream.

Kind of a nice bonus for Resto, but it probably should have been done anyways.

The new Blessing of Kings gives +Stats and +resists.
    And the new Blessing of Might gives 10%AP plus MP5.

Personally I think all water totems should give mana spring aura, atleast for Resto so they can make some interesting choices between tranquility, healing, and resist totems.

Or even better.....combine Healing with resist, and Tranquility with stoneskin.
    Last edited by Gunwolf; 2010-09-02 at 08:33 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Funky View Post
    @!*#....

I just am at loss for words.

I hate all of them.

Truly.

The only ones that look semi useful is shamanistic rage and Lightning shield.

Le sigh...
    Errrrmmm perhaps look from other than enh PoV in pvp? It shows that they are actually listening kinda
    Shamies qq over hex CD - u get to lower it Lightning shield sounds awesome atm for both enh and elem
    Finally something to make eathliving hot better and make chain heal even better multy target heal

Making our dps CDs into damamge reduction seems to be something they like to do to us..but actually glad elem gets to have some reduction after the loss of astral shift.
    Grounding sounds a bit lackbuster with that CD extra but the "attempts" probably stands there cuz they prob won't allow it to reflect most bosses spells and possibly things like death grip but will be pretty much reliable for anything else so it might be worth it

Overall...I'm quite happy

emm grounding totem omg IMBA

mage casts sheep on shammy shammy pops grounding mage is a sheep MUAHAHAHHAHAHHAHA shaman have sheep

C.M.S, My favorite thing to start the morning with.

Deleted
    the shamanistic rage glyph looks awesome. If it works on ALL dispellable magic debuffs, then It could act as a second pvp trinket for charm/fear/poly etc.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    the shamanistic rage glyph looks awesome. If it works on ALL dispellable magic debuffs, then It could act as a second pvp trinket for charm/fear/poly etc.
    I doubt it will work that way since u can't cast it while sheeped, feared etc..but it will remove say deep freeze

CD increase makes the grounding glyph completly useless. That's going from 12 sec to 45. They should make it from 12 to 25 sec cd and it reflects the spell instead, that seems fair.

And having SR work as a second trinket would be very interesting. It couldn't break us out of sheep or cyclone or anything, but any type of root or slowing effect or damage debuffs will be removed.

I really hope they do alot more for Enhance mana regen though otherwise we will never be able to use this strategically since most of the time it will be used on CD to save mana.

Quote Originally Posted by Blankspace View Post
    I doubt it will work that way since u can't cast it while sheeped, feared etc..but it will remove say deep freeze
    least it will dispel HoJ! /cheer
    Raining Pandarens because of the bouncy racial?
    Quote Originally Posted by rokatoro View Post
    Some Might say it was... (•_•).....( •_•)>⌐■-■....(⌐■_■) A heavy Rain.
    I'm so sorry ;_;

Deleted
    Nothing interesting for enha PvE. But well, we have always rocked at pvp and these glyphs prove it! ^^

And people, i quess that lightningshield glyph is indeed intended for enhancements "Static Shock"-talent. But well... Currently it is around 2-6% of our damage done, so i don't think anyone would take it.
    As said, the shamanistic rage needs to be fixed before that glyph would be taken. 80% of the time, it is used to get our precious mana back asap, not as defensive cooldown or anysort.
    Anyone wanna do some theorycrafting about CH glyph? Is it gonna be nerf with for example wotlk stats?

Not happy

Quote Originally Posted by Gunwolf View Post
    There is still a Water totem that gives you all of the Elemental Resists, but the Glyph combines it with Healing stream.

Kind of a nice bonus for Resto, but it probably should have been done anyways.
    I really like this glyph for 10 mans as enhance. I can re-glyph for a boss fight (or even the raid as a whole) and gimp my DPS a bit to benefit the raid as a whole depending on the make up of the raid.

As a healer.only shaman i LOVE this one

Healing Stream Totem - Your Healing Stream Totem also increases the Fire, Frost, and Nature resistance of party and raid members within 30 yards by 150. (Your Healing Stream Totem heals for an additional 20%.)
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Artefacts:
    • In ordner to better fit the current post-truth zeitgeist, we are going to rename alle occurences of "artefact" into "artebelieve".

any ideas if static shock talent would still proc with the lightning shield glyph? if so that would be great, putting lightning shield up at the start of a fight and then never having to waste a gcd to put it back up mid boss fight would be amazing.

the chain heal glyph is a buff i beleave, the 4th target always got shit heals and over all i think the amount healed would be better then it is now. of course beta is beta and until ppl are able to fully test them best we can do is guess

On the whole, I like where they are going with the glyphs. For example:

1) Glyphs can become differentiators between a PVE and PVP spec (to a certain extent). At least I will be able to PVP as enhace in BG's with the right glyphs. Presently I am severely gimped in PVP with my raiding spec.
    2) The grounding totem glyph makes people chose the CD and spell reflection. This is a nice glyph because it's not mandatory but can be very powerful if used correctly. I want more choice, there should not be any mandatory glyphs. I would like a glyph that increases AOE damage so I can activate it for HC's and another one for raiding which is better for single target damage. Choices can be either between 2/3 glyphs which are good in different situations or like the grounding totem glyph where there are pros and cons both with and without the glyph.
    3) LS glyph is something that I think could be used for a new Enh shammy to simplify their "rotation" in PVE. The more advanced players could use another glyph to increase their DPS. This is something that could be used to differentiate the better players from the poor ones. To get top DPS as enhance, you will need to be able to play better and will have a more complex play style.

Quote Originally Posted by Rahdik View Post
    I know the Lightning Shield glyph is worded a little strange but it is in fact for Elemental PvP, and for situational PvE.

"Lightning Shield - Your Lightning Shield can no longer drop below 3 charges from dealing damage to attackers."

When does Lightning shield deal damage to attackers? When you get hit by the attacker.

Without Glyph: You have 6 total charges of Lightning Shield. You use Earth Shock, Fulmination deals damage. You consume 3 charges of Lightning Shield, you have 3 left. A rogue hits you and Lightning Shield procs. You have 2 charges left. You gain 1 charge of Lightning Shield. You Earth Shock, Fulmination does not deal any damage.

With Glyph: You have 6 total charges of Lightning Shield. You use Earth Shock, Fulmination deals damage. You consume 3 charges of Lighting Shield, you have 3 left. A rogue hits you and Lightning Shield procs. You still have 3 charges. You gain 1 charge of Lightning Shield. You Earth Shock, Fulmination deals damage.
    someone gets it . it also makes static shock usable as enh in pvp. as the talent itself does not increase the number of charges to 9 anymore, three procs would have you to recast it.

with the glyph you can have static shock and the only time you´ll have to recast it is when someone dispells it.

sham rage: im not so sure it´s good to put one more use on it. dmg reduction, no mana costs, cast dispells... here´s to hope we dont have set boni turning it intop a dmg cooldown as well.

grounding totem: totally crap. we´ll have to time it very very very very good (or being very lucky, in terms of instant spells) to actually reflect a cc, silence or stun spell
    aside from that, what happens if the totem reflects a spellsteal? will the totem get mages arcane intellect or something? smart totems, i want one

gw glyph: if, and only if it´s a minor glyph, im happy
    Last edited by Omanley; 2010-09-02 at 12:31 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

Herald of the Titans Baabinator's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soranis View Post
    emm grounding totem omg IMBA

mage casts sheep on shammy shammy pops grounding mage is a sheep MUAHAHAHHAHAHHAHA shaman have sheep
    he trinkets, and resheeps you.

You are without grounding totem for a whole minute to absorb deep freezes/pyroblasts/arcane blasts.

I think i won't use this glyph other then for Restoration PvP - simply because they have better selfcontrol.
    Scars show you the remnants and failures of the past.

~¡¡¡!!!AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STOP ASKING ABOUT MY AVATAR, I DON'T KNOW!!!¡¡¡~

More glyphs from World of Raids

Prime

* Earth Shield - Increases the healing of your Earth Shield by 20%.
    * Earthliving Weapon - Increases the effectiveness of your Earthliving Weapon's periodic healing by 20%.
    * Feral Spirit - Your spirit wolves gain an additional 30% of your attack power.
    * Fire Elemental Totem - Reduces the cooldown of your Fire Elemental Totem by 5 minutes.
    * Glyph of Flame Shock - Increases the duration of your Flame Shock by 50%.
    * Flametongue Weapon - Increases spell critical strike chance by 2% while Flametongue Weapon is active.
    * Lava Burst - Your Lava Burst spell deals 10% more damage.
    * Lava Lash - Increases the damage dealt by your Lava Lash ability by 20%.
    * Lightning Bolt - Increases the damage dealt by Lightning Bolt by 4%.
    * Riptide - Increases the duration of Riptide by 40%.
    * Stormstrike - Increases the Nature damage bonus from your Stormstrike ability by an additional 8%.
    * Water Shield - Increases the passive mana regeneration of your Water Shield spell by 50%.
    * Windfury Weapon - Increases the chance per swing for Windfury Weapon to trigger by 2%.

Major

* Chain Heal - Increases healing done by your Chain Heal spell to targets beyond the first by 15%, but decreases the amount received by the initial target by 10%.
    * Chain Lightning - Your Chain Lightning spell now strikes 2 additional targets, but deals 10% less initial damage.
    * Elemental Mastery - While your Elemental Mastery ability is active, you take 20% less damage from all sources.
    * Fire Nova - Increases the radius of your Fire Nova spell by 5 yards.
    * Frost Shock - Increases the duration of your Frost Shock by 2 seconds.
    * Ghost Wolf - Your Ghost Wolf spell form grants an additional 10% movement speed.
    * Grounding Totem - When your Grounding Totem absorbs a spell, it attempts to reflect that spell on its caster, but the cooldown of your Grounding Totem is increased by 45 seconds.
    * Healing Stream Totem - Your Healing Stream Totem also increases the Fire, Frost, and Nature resistance of party and raid members within 30 yards by 130.
    * Healing Wave - Your Healing Wave also heals you for 20% of the healing effect when you heal someone else.
    * Hex - Reduces the cooldown of your Hex spell by 15 seconds.
    * Lightning Shield - Your Lightning Shield can no longer drop below 3 charges from dealing damage to attackers.
    * Shamanistic Rage - Activating your Shamanistic Rage ability also cleanses you of all dispellable Magic debuffs.
    * Shocking - Reduces the global cooldown triggered by your Shock spells to 1 second.
    * Stoneclaw Totem - Your Stoneclaw Totem also places a damage absorb shield on you, equal to 4 times the strength of the shield it places on your totems.
    * Thunder - Reduces the cooldown on Thunderstorm by 10 seconds.
    * Totemic Recall - Causes your Totemic Recall ability to return an additional 50% of the mana cost of any recalled totems.

Minor

* Arctic Wolf - Alters the appearance of your Ghost Wolf transformation, causing it to resemble an arctic wolf.
    * Astral Recall - Cooldown of your Astral Recall spell reduced by 7.5 minutes.
    * Renewed Life - Your Reincarnation spell no longer requires a reagent.
    * Thunderstorm - Increases the mana you receive from your Thunderstorm spell by 2%, but it no longer knocks enemies back.
    * Water Breathing - Your Water Breathing spell no longer requires a reagent.
    * Water Walking - Your Water Walking spell no longer requires a reagent.

As a resto only shaman I hate the new healing stream totem glyph. It's a nerf to the totem. I always sit in the tank group and drop healing stream and it usually counts for about 10% of my healing. Combining it with resists is pointless since so many other classes already provide that.

Looking at the list above, there seems to be no choice about which glyphs a resto shaman would take:
    Prime - Earth Shield, Earthliving Weapon, Water Shield
    Major - Chain Heal, Healing Wave, Ghost Wolf

You could say use riptide in the primes but we all know riptide isn't very good. You could say healing stream totem in the majors but druids will already be giving you that. You could say totemic recall in the majors if you are really concerned about mana but in a raid you'll be able to drink between pulls anyway. It just seems as though there's no tough decisions to be made in regards to choice.

I do love the new chain heal glyph though. It's a nice way to spread the healing out more and reduce overhealing.
    Last edited by Emandrawkcab; 2010-09-02 at 01:08 PM.

well, at least it´s gonna be used in pvp (probably)
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

Chain heal glyph is a joke, I prefer having extra target as that target also can get earthliving proc.