Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account

Guilds: What separates good from great?

As time in WoW goes on, people go through guilds on a somewhat regular basis, depending on whether they feel like raiding or just rp'ing. While some of these guilds are good and have little drama, other guilds are great and are praised by other people on their respective server. In your opinion, what separates a good guild from a great guild?

Good guilds to me are those that are recognized on the server as being able to either give a player the chance to efficiently experience (subjectively defined) gameplay content with or possibly without any of the drama, or those that are hailed to be exceedingly respectful and open to players of ranging playstyles. Recognition through stability and reliability, with a few quirks and drawbacks, in a nutshell.

Great guilds (imo) are those that do all of the above, are closed off enough in their recruiting to manage both memorable and happy players, and still have enough time to organize realm events that really give the server some much needed flavor and appeal. This isn't much of a commodity unless there are more than one of these guilds on the same realm in both factions though, from what I've experienced.

Not much to really differentiate the communities of a realm nowadays imo, so a great guild pretty much means a great server to me. =\
    Day Man! (Aah-aah-aah!)
    Fighter of the Night Man! (Aah-aah-aah!)
    Champion of the sun... (Aah-aah-aah!)
    You're a Master of karate and friendship for everyone!

Good guilds - people know them, they down bosses, clear raids, minimal drama, medium turnover.
    Great guilds - people know them, they compete for realm firsts, minimal drama, minimal turnover.

Deleted
    it depends weather I'm in the guild :P