List of ALL the New Glyphs in the BETA!!

Here is a list of all the new Glyphs and what categories they are under, I included all GLyphs but descriptions only for changed versions.

Primal:

Earthliving: 20% bonus to periodic healing effect
    Flame Shock: Increases duration of dot by 50%
    Ligthning Bolt: Increases damage by 4%
    Riptide: Duration increased by 40%
    Watershield: Bonus 50% passive regen

ES, Feral Sprit, Fire Elemental, Flametongue enchant, Lava Burst, Lava Lash, Windfury. Also Primal but no change in effect.

Major:

Chain Heal: Increases healing by 15% on all linked targets, but 10% less on initial.
    Chain Lightning: Adds 2 more jumps, but reduces 10% dmg on initial target.
    Elemental Mastery: Gives 20% less damage while in effect
    Fire Nova: Increases radius by 5yds
    Ghost Wolf: Increases speed by 10%
    Grounding: Will reflect a spell, but cd increased to 45 sec.
    Healing Spring Totem: Will also give Frost, Fire, and Nature Resist....169 resist.
    Hex- Cooldown reduced by 15sec
    Lightnign Shield- Won't be reduced below 3 charges cause of enemy attacks
    Shamanisitc Rage- Removes all magic debuffs when activated
    Totemic Recall- Recovers 50% more mana back

Frost Shock, Healing Wave, Shocking, Stoneclaw, and Thunder are also Major, but no change.

Minor:

Arctic Wolf: Changes apperance of the wolf

My impressions so far.....

Glyphs of Elem Master and Sham Rage look very interesting for PVP. Hex cd reduction is nice too. Not many Major Glyphs for Enhance though. Grounding Glyph seems real cool too, but prob not worth it for the cd increase.

Stoneclaw Glyph getting no scaling or being a real shaman ability is pretty depressing, this is almost a required glyph for PVP.

Flameshock dot duration being increased by 50% might be a big deal for Enhance, will see how that plays out.

Looks like nothing done about Searing Flames not being consumed by Lava Lash yet, or some way to extend the dot duration for flame shock we might just have to rely on the glyph to ease up our rotation. And I still think Enhance needs an emergency mana regen cooldown, the glyph for it seems cool but SR currently needs to be used every cd just to save mana and not as a defensive cd as they want it to be.

This is the first pass on Glyphs so from what I see so far I love it, the new ideas for the new glyphs or change to existing glyphs is interesting, Blizzard will need more feedback so they can see what works and what doesnt so GO GO BETA TESTERS ...

still no beta invite QQ :<

15+ Year Old Account
    srsly. there is a post 3 down from this one on the exact some thing. L2 browse though threads b4 posting

Quote Originally Posted by Gunwolf View Post

Flameshock dot duration being increased by 50% might be a big deal for Enhance, will see how that plays out.
    Hint: it's not for enhance.

Quote Originally Posted by Northy View Post
    Hint: it's not for enhance.
    It will be just as useful for Enhance as Elemental. Having to track FS dot and switching ES for FS every other time is annoying, alot might pick it up just to ease the rotation a bit so they can focus on something else. And it might be a dmg increase too cause ES does more direct dmg. Who knows thats for the simulators.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunwolf View Post
    It will be just as useful for Enhance as Elemental. Having to track FS dot and switching ES for FS every other time is annoying, alot might pick it up just to ease the rotation a bit so they can focus on something else. And it might be a dmg increase too cause ES does more direct dmg. Who knows thats for the simulators.
    Or or.....biggest reason FS is in your rotation is cuz of the Totem which increases your haste by 220 with full effect, and with a what...12 sec fs, it tick and adds a stack, up to 5, for 30 sec, so you have 40 sec b4 having to re-apply.

Without the Totem you'd leave it outta your rotation, and thus making this glyph useless in Cata for enhance.

Quote Originally Posted by Donttakevurge View Post
    I've ran into far more stupid players.

OP, you'll never win in an argument with trolls/idiots/ret paladins/etc. etc. The best you can ever do is ignore it, or leave the group
    lol, ret paladins

is grounding totem increased to 45 secs or increased by 45 secs?

Quote Originally Posted by brokeasamug View Post
    Or or.....biggest reason FS is in your rotation is cuz of the Totem which increases your haste by 220 with full effect, and with a what...12 sec fs, it tick and adds a stack, up to 5, for 30 sec, so you have 40 sec b4 having to re-apply.

Without the Totem you'd leave it outta your rotation, and thus making this glyph useless in Cata for enhance.
    Enh shaman will still be using flame shock in their rotations for guarantee crits on lava burst as lava burst can be made instant cast through maelstrom weapon if that makes it to live. http://cata.wowhead.com/spell=51530

Also, flame shock won't be as much of a hassle to maintain with haste not changing the durations of the dots but just allowing faster ticks. If enh shaman haste stacking stays king, the flame shock glyph could prove quite useful as it a) gives more earth shocks in the timeframe of the 1 dot and b) makes the benefit haste plays on the dot much more effective.

Say you had 30% melee haste (just a random number.) on an 18 second dot, instead of 6 ticks, you would get 30% more (8 ticks or so) which would from giving you an additional 1.8 (2 rounded) from haste. With a 27 second dot you would initially get 9 ticks but instead get roughly 12 from 30% haste making haste a larger increase when using FS. Those numbers would get even better with more and more making haste not only an amazing stat for stacking maelstrom and auto swing speed, but more haste makes flame shock a much better dps option than just the crit to lava burst.

One other note is the fact that enhancement shaman mastery gives a bonus to all elemental damage, not just nature damage. With that bonus + crit/haste scaling, flame shock should have no problem doing competitive damage and outdamage earth shock over its course even before glyphing or counting MW:LvB.
    Last edited by Bullettime; 2010-09-04 at 05:29 AM. Reason: link for proofs

Hmmm forgot bout LvB instant, but would it still be stronger than a LB with SS up on target? making it where u have to time LvB into a space whitout SS up on mob, if so, that would suck to keep track of.

Also didn't realize Enhance mastery says All Elemental damage, kinda nifty.

Next question would be, would you replace Feral Spirit, Lava Lash, or Stormstrike, for a Flame Shock glyph? assuming the glyphs in cata will be as effective as they are on live, just thinking moreso along the lines of more damage.

---------- Post added 2010-09-04 at 02:12 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Northy View Post
    is grounding totem increased to 45 secs or increased by 45 secs?
    Says Increased BY 45 seconds....I'd hope not....1 min, single use, Chance of reflect spell...screw that.

OP, you'll never win in an argument with trolls/idiots/ret paladins/etc. etc. The best you can ever do is ignore it, or leave the group
    lol, ret paladins

They said they wanted to do away with mandatory glyphs for PvE and PvP. Lightning Shield glyph seems like it would no doubt be a mandatory PvP glyph. Ugh.

Why would i want to have a glyph that would rise Flame Shock cooldown by 1/2 sec but make it from all shocks cooldown. At least then there would be a reason to use earth shock with three stacks of lighting shields. I can dream can I ? >.>
    "Close your eyes and start runing, wall will find you on it own" - Onearrow
    "Life tap is such a great ability! But why didnt blizzard think about ability that would take your mana and regain your health instead.... oh... wait..." - Entalpia

Quote Originally Posted by Amorise View Post
    Also, flame shock won't be as much of a hassle to maintain with haste not changing the durations of the dots but just allowing faster ticks. If enh shaman haste stacking stays king, the flame shock glyph could prove quite useful as it a) gives more earth shocks in the timeframe of the 1 dot and b) makes the benefit haste plays on the dot much more effective.
    When did they say that? That seems OP for elemental.

Uh no we use FS because it does more damage than ES (we used FS in ToC.. derp no t10 relic then). The second half of your "argument" makes no sense.

Well seeing as how FS does more dmg with the ticks over time, you put into rotation now, gotcha. Second part of that was me explaining how you have 40ish sec b4 you have to re-apply for the haste buff.

lol, ret paladins

Quote Originally Posted by hellar View Post
    srsly. there is a post 3 down from this one on the exact some thing. L2 browse though threads b4 posting
    but this post is better because it lists what type of glyphs they are, as opposed to just saying "look at these new glyphs!" IMO delete the other post because that info is all listed on the front page anyways. Much more useful knowing which glyphs are available for each of the 3 types.

on topic: why only one minor glyph when there's 3 slots? ya'd think even in beta they'd have at least 3...

I imagine they are working on the Glyphs which actually do something important before designing the ones for graphical changes. Remember that a lot of classes have still not gotten new Major glyphs at all.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Well seeing as how FS does more dmg with the ticks over time, you put into rotation now, gotcha. Second part of that was me explaining how you have 40ish sec b4 you have to re-apply for the haste buff.
    I suppose that's true, but if you know how to play enhancement you will be using FS more or less every 12-15ish seconds.

I only commented on what I see :P, I haven't gotten into late end enhancement so I apologize if I sounded noobish. I'd assume the 12-15 sec is to keep the tick from dropping off, so what glyph setup would you use for enahnce?

I personally like the look of Feral Spirit, SS, and Lava lash.

What it looks like they wanna do is make the Prime glyphs your "bread n butter" type skills, those will be theory crafted and have optimal glyphs for each spec, and for Major to be ones that the player feels they want or need. Minors are the funs ones again.

lol, ret paladins

Glyph of lava changed. On liverealms it provides 10% better scaling with spellpower, on betarealms it provides a flat 10% dmg increasement
    Last edited by Finnober; 2010-09-05 at 07:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Finnober View Post
    Glyph of lava changed. On liverealms it provides 10% better scaling with spellpower, on betarealms it provides a flat 10% dmg increasement
    And I love blizz for that!

lol, ret paladins