Deleted

Good Bye ZG - why?

Hi!
    Anyone got an idea concerning the reasons ZG will be removed? I mean, I don't think it's because it took so much server space and if they wanted to save time, they just could've left it be.
    But it will be removed says a blue on the front page.
    Do you know/can you imagine the reason? Some big fiery scar through Stranglethorn with Cataclysm?

Deleted
    i thought of lot of STV became flooded so maybe thats a decent point to make :P

Nah from what I have seen in videos it is untouched up there, the ZG area remains but is uninstance'd. Pity, the only way for Horde to get a Tiger and the only way for Alliance to get Raptors. I have been farming both mounts for ages and now if I can't get them I will have wasted a lot of time. They are leaving the other Vanilla raids so I can't imagine why they are doing this.

I'm thinking it might have something to do with the phasing of the current, outdoor version of the instance. There are a number of heavily phased quests that take place in there, and so the storyline progresses and we see the doors closed to yet another old-school raid.

It's only a matter of time before other old raids go away too, IMO

10+ Year Old Account
    They're making it a questing area, seems like a better use.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Irony View Post
    They're making it a questing area, seems like a better use.
    Exactly my thoughts. The only people who head for ZG still are people farming the mount. Other then that there isn't much use of it. So why not open it up and make it a questzone so that there are more questhubs and people get to see ZG but with a different aproach.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because Blizzard cares more about making new content than keeping old just for the sake of grinding for mounts

10+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully, some of the quest rewards will be modelled after the old ZG loot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayirasi View Post
    You're right. Blizzard shouldn't have temporarily banned you. They should have sent a couple employees to your residence to Jay and Silent Bob you.
    Quote Originally Posted by ragnarokvr1 View Post
    I saved a man's life today by performing brain surgery and removing a tumor the size of a quarter from his frontal lobes. God damnit I wish I wasn't ignorant though, cause I have no idea what an LSAT is. I don't know the radius of the Moon either.
    I took part in the LSAT/Cataclysm release date thread.

Deleted
    It might be that they remove it as a raid but keep it as a 5 man dungeon (not heroic) Cause they only said they remove it as a raid and nothing else

10+ Year Old Account
    They were upset at us for bitching about the real id thing, so the just just did it to spite us. there is honestly no need to remove it, but what do i know, i have been farming those goddamn mounts for 2 years now, and not seen either drop, so i am a little soar.
    apparently it would have been to difficult to develop the technology to somehow make it still an instance, yet separate from the outside world, like every other outdoor raid. let us keep the instance portal, and still have the ability to do some lvl 30 quests outside the portal. is it rly so much to ask them to maybe move the portal, and have two different actual zones for ZG, with one being the raid instance? seems like a fairly sensible solution.
    Last edited by huangzhong9; 2010-09-02 at 08:20 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry_David
    "from injustise comes justise"

-huangzhong9

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azalu View Post
    Because Blizzard cares more about making new content than keeping old just for the sake of grinding for mounts
    But it's a big fat slap in the face to everyone who has been farming it for years without ever getting it. :/ Hopefully it'll be one or more 5 man dungeons, in which they can drop with the same drop rate.
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

i think they will turn ZG into elite/questing area, like troll ruins in hinterlands. Or maybe just turn it into 5 man instance.

Theres just no use of ZG currently, like for most level 60 raids / instances. Thats why scholo and strat had their levels reduced.

Anyway, im pretty sure they wont leave ZG empty and will put something on its place. Sure, it wont be epic anymore but with many other epic things in cataclysm i wouldnt mind much
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

Quote Originally Posted by procne View Post
    Theres just no use of ZG currently, like for most level 60 raids / instances. Thats why scholo and strat had their levels reduced.
    Used for mount farming, nostalgia, and a reputation slot to fill up. And, hey, there are some players who stay at level 60 and some twinks who need stuff to do.
    I'm not selfish, I don't think the needs of a couple of people like me who want some rep for the sake of completion and 2 mounts because we are mount obsessed outweigh the needs of many other and new players who want a new interesting dungeon / place to quest / place to explore...

But it is still a huge slap in the face as Badhairday mentioned, to anyone like me who has been farming that place. I have spent such a long time in there trying to get these rare and interesting mounts, but now because of my bad luck I will most likely never get them.
    Last edited by Renagade Raven; 2010-09-02 at 08:25 AM.