New maps in latest build (Winterspring/Hillsbrad/Stranglethorn)

Last edited by Hoddie; 2010-09-02 at 09:17 AM.

Thumbnails please

Also, the STV map looks unfinished to me. Are the north parts and south parts separate zones now?

And has Alterac Mountains been merged with Hillsbrad?
    Stulti se laudant.
    Minecraft Survival Server: 203.206.166.219:25565
    http://www.youtube.com/user/fpiceail

The STV map above is what you get when you slick on STV from the EK map. You can then click on Northern Stranglethorn or Cape of Stranglethorn for more detailed maps. Those were posted earlier (check my post history). Yes AM has been merged with Hillsbrad.

The STV map has two sub-maps, similar to Vashj'ir, are they are already in the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.wowwiki.com/Cataclysm_map_comparison

has all the old maps compared with ther new ones no instance maps on that page though

yes, yes they have.

Alterac Mountains was a rather pointless area in vanilla. Other than for queuing for AV. Yes we used to have to walk there to queue, all the quests from there came from hillsbrad anyway. It might as well have been part of hillsbrad.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonwing View Post
    Thumbnails please

Also, the STV map looks unfinished to me. Are the north parts and south parts separate zones now?

They they split Stanglethron Vale into "Northern Stanglethron" (now apparently called "Stranglethron Jungle")and "The Cape of Stanglethorn". There's a giant wirlpool in the center separating the 2 new zones.

And yes Alterac has been merged with Hillsbrad. All the quests for the zone were picked up in Hillsbrad anyways and the two zones didn't have a well-defined boundary, so it pretty much already was part of the same zone. Now they just removed all the pretense and merged the maps together.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

10+ Year Old Account

Unhappy

Kinda sad that they have not done anything to Winterspring. I always liked that zone and was hoping that it would get some love, but I guess not.