Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Zul'Gurub soloable?

With the removal of ZG in Catac, I'd better start farming the mounts, but is it possible to solo it as a 80 warrior? Or should I bring some friends?

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ofcourse it is, i can do it as a warlock. so i'm pretty sure you can do it as a warrior.

Deleted
    Yes you can when a bit prot bit arms or w/e, but also can bring 1 friend dps class.
    But wel i would solo it goodluck with the rng

since vanilla the tiger hasnot dropped for me.
    Raptor dropt on my first kill

Def Tank with good Gear, yes. Done it with my Twink a couple of Times and he had only Badgeitems.

10+ Year Old Account
    i've done it on my hunter, my DK, and my shaman, i plan to start soloing it on my warrior soon, likely as prot, so ye i imagine it'll be no problem for you
    Kaga, raid leader of Shafted, Ragnaros-EU.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, use part DPS and part tanking gear, you should be able to easily solo the entire instance if you have 264+ gear. Use CDs wisely, don't ever go without using Enraged Regen (unless you need to line it up with Last Stand, and don't try to take on a bss and even 2 or 3 mobs of his trash at the same time. You can use all DPS gear as prot for most of the bosses, it goes much faster. Just watch out for Bloodlord and Hakkar.

I used DBW and H Corpse Tongue Coin, the latter is very usefull as you can spend a good time sub 35% before dying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

10+ Year Old Account
    I solo'd the raptor and tiger bosses last night with no trouble at all. I'm inclined to believe they nerfed the tiger boss though because I can recall trying to solo him sometime in the past and they spam healed/rez'd each other and I wasn't able to solo him. But I did last night with little or no trouble.

to answer the question that is the title of this thread, no, ZG is not soloable. Pretty sure you'd have trouble on some of the other bosses who mind control
    "Let's eat Grandpa!"
    "Let's eat, Grandpa!
    PUNCTUATION SAVES LIVES

What the fuck, i solo it as prot evry time it resets, i have a normal prot spec, with 6000 GS its pritty easy, but one time i took of half of my gear, i had now 3400 gs and still soloing it.

Arms don't work, no interrupt on the healer and not so good self heal, fury you have pummel that interrupts and bloodthirst that can heal you pritty mutch. Prot, you just don't lose any hp and revenge does much damage and you got 2 stuns and one interrupt.

There is suppose to be a tankspecc good for soloing, http://www.wowhead.com/talent#LZ0xxcxVzbLoZVctrL0didf

I just threw this together myself just now, not sure on the effectivenes... But as far as I remember it was something like that. (1% heal all the time is good)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by K.Rool View Post
    With the removal of ZG in Catac, I'd better start farming the mounts, but is it possible to solo it as a 80 warrior? Or should I bring some friends?
    I'm soloing it every reset, Whole ZG is soloable just use a mix of fury/prot so u get bloodthirst and go in prot gear. It might take longer than using dps gear you wont die atleast

i solo'd the mount bosses easily the only boss im worried about soloing is hakkar atm :P
    Tell them that the Lich King is dead...and the World of Warcraft...died with him.

best way is just to spec down to bloodthirst and then the rest in prot. wear all tanking gear. with that spec warriors have solo'd kara.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Higg View Post
    I solo'd the raptor and tiger bosses last night with no trouble at all. I'm inclined to believe they nerfed the tiger boss though because I can recall trying to solo him sometime in the past and they spam healed/rez'd each other and I wasn't able to solo him. But I did last night with little or no trouble.

to answer the question that is the title of this thread, no, ZG is not soloable. Pretty sure you'd have trouble on some of the other bosses who mind control
    Have soloed everyboss in ZG as boomkin, (feral on Broodlord, due to the fact that he hits rather hard). As long as you kill all the priests, Hakkar is a cakewalk.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can easily solo both of the bosses that has a chance of dropping a mount.
    The goblin warrior, Gallywix!
    "And the Heavens shall tremble!"

My name is Kenneth044, and I'm an altoholic!

I also might try it on my warrior (have already done a bunch of times of my DK).
    What sort of gear do you think i'll need?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Senbo View Post
    i solo'd the mount bosses easily the only boss im worried about soloing is hakkar atm :P
    Hakkar deals less damage than the raptor boss, however the fight is slightly longer - so if you don't have a problem with the raptor boss, hakkar is not gonna break a sweat!

For an example; I can't kill the raptor boss on my death knight in frost + DPS gear, however I can against Hakkar.
    The goblin warrior, Gallywix!
    "And the Heavens shall tremble!"

My name is Kenneth044, and I'm an altoholic!

Deleted
    Everything except Hakkar is soloable, he used to be soloable he'd mind control you (but since you were the only person in the instance) it would instantly break and you could continue DPSing him, but now he mind controls and his health resets to full.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reublucian View Post
    Everything except Hakkar is soloable, he used to be soloable he'd mind control you (but since you were the only person in the instance) it would instantly break and you could continue DPSing him, but now he mind controls and his health resets to full.
    Hakkar is soloable, he doesnt mc if ur alone. The only problem is if u dont kill him within 9min he will enrage, at first i thought damn an enrage how much harder could he be? But his corrupted Blood kills you after a few sec.

Deleted
    Nope, as long as you dont use pets or any thing that does direct dmg to him with isnt coming from you. IE Searing totem or Magma totem. You CAN solo Hakkar, he wont cast MC. Atleast he didnt do it on my druid yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by Senbo View Post
    Hakkar was solo'd by a Rogue.

Kill every other boss in ZG and Hakkar will lose some of his abilites.