Thread: A few questions

A few questions

I just dinged 80 last night, and am planning on playing Demo for PVE. Just finished watching the Demo PVE Video but there are a few things it didn't cover.

I'm coming off playing a Boomkin, and before/after soft crit/haste caps haste was always slightly better than crit. Is this the case with Demo spec, or does crit take favor over haste?

Second, I copied a guildies spec of 56/15, and if I'm not blind I don't see any hit talents in the Demo tree, so do I need a full 17% character screen hit?

Third, the video says to refresh both immolation and corruption sub-35%, however immolation buffs incinerate which I wont use under 35%. Is this incorrect, or was he speaking as if I will have 4PC T10.

Lastly, I assumed i'd use a firestone as demo, but a guildie said to use spellstone . He said this because last time he played demo was 3.1 and you couldn't reach soft cap for incinerate. Is this the case now, or is it Firestone all the way?

---------- Post added 2010-09-02 at 01:04 PM ----------

Just realized it'd be 14% hit I need, but is that correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Velky View Post
    I'm coming off playing a Boomkin, and before/after soft crit/haste caps haste was always slightly better than crit. Is this the case with Demo spec, or does crit take favor over haste?
    yes haste is better than crit

Second, I copied a guildies spec of 56/15, and if I'm not blind I don't see any hit talents in the Demo tree, so do I need a full 17% character screen hit?
    there is no hit in demo, only hit is in affi 3% to all spells tier one.

Third, the video says to refresh both immolation and corruption sub-35%, however immolation buffs incinerate which I wont use under 35%. Is this incorrect, or was he speaking as if I will have 4PC T10.
    immo is still better dpct than SF so do cast it, and corruption gives you molten core and is not a terrible dpct so still worth it

Lastly, I assumed i'd use a firestone as demo, but a guildie said to use spellstone . He said this because last time he played demo was 3.1 and you couldn't reach soft cap for incinerate. Is this the case now, or is it Firestone all the way?
    this is due to haste being better than crit for demo, and master summoner that buffs your spellstone to give you ~260 haste +1% to dots which > 1%direct damage and some crit

Just realized it'd be 14% hit I need, but is that correct?

nope you need 17% as you didn't pick up aff talent to hit in your spec

10+ Year Old Account
    Your guildie has probably put two points in Improved Demonic Tactics (the only talent you use on the left side). These points are the one you want to remove if you need additional hit. To get a third point is somewhat more difficult.

Don't forget that with the help of a boomkin or spriest, you only need 14% hit. If you have a draenei in your group, remove another percent.
    Amateur Photographer studying Mathematics!
    Linkedin - Portfolio

Is picking up 3/3 Supression and dropping 2/3 Imp Demo Tactics + 1/3 Demonic Aegis worth it to remain hit capped until I can at least get the gear necessary to support hit cap on my own.

I assumed 14% hit as i'd probably have a Spriest/Boomkin in raid.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, not demonic aegis, not ever. A better idea would be to remove one point in Demonic Tactics (the "not improved" one)
    Linkedin - Portfolio

Oh thanks Cusco, was posting my post before I saw yours.

I assume dropping 1/3 Demonic Aegis is the point to drop, since 1/3 is only 15 SP and i'd be getting 1% hit which is 26 hit.

---------- Post added 2010-09-02 at 01:34 PM ----------

If I dropped Demo Tactics i'd be losing 2% crit which is a lot more rating than 15 spellpower is worth

---------- Post added 2010-09-02 at 01:35 PM ----------

My bad, I did those numbers while Destro. Still though, 1/3 Demonic Aegis is only 18 SP.

---------- Post added 2010-09-02 at 02:03 PM ----------

Can anyone else confirm Demonic Aegis makes more sense than Demo Tactics?

10+ Year Old Account
    If you have a boomkin or spriest then you need 14%. 13% if you have a draenei in your party. And stick to the 0/56/15 build. Buy the +hit triumph trinket or something till you get hit capped.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker)
    Warlocks are hard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well..

X = Number of casters beside yourself (healers included, hps counts)
    Y = Amount of spirit

((1+(X*0.1))*(18+(Y*0.03)))

If you have 200 spirit and there are 13 other casters, you'd lose 55.2 sp from a single point of Demonic Aegis, provided your demonic pact is up (ie you have 2800+ sp fully buffed or there isn't an elemental shaman in your group).
    Linkedin - Portfolio

Ah, didn't think of it that way.

Bumping this with another question. Shuold I be using Curse of Doom 100%-35% as Demo?

Yea, as long as someone else do the 13% magic debuf, if there arent any moonkins/dks/other locks then CoE is the best dps curse.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Bumping this with another question. Shuold I be using Curse of Doom 100%-35% as Demo?
    You should use CoD for as long as it will tick, it is our highest DPCT spell.