Thread: Dear Blizzard

Dear Blizzard

While I look forward to Cataclysm with a great deal of excitement, I do want it to work. Please take your time in releasing the xpac. I'm sure there will be lots of people who disagree with me, but I'm willing to wait a few months more for the release if that allows you enough time to debug the expansion to the point where it works like a champion on day 1 rather than on patch 2. I have no doubt that the required amount of work, along with the skill of the employees, is great. However, nothing works as well as you think it will with minimal testing. Please, PLEASE, do some serious debug testing so that my server doesn't crash repeatedly on day 1. Also, understand that if you are stress testing the servers for their current loads or even a 10% boost in population, that isn't enough. Thank you, and keep up the good work.

No need for any responses, I'm just hoping this gets through to Blizzard somehow, someway.
    Don't be elitist, it's a video game for crying out loud. Cure cancer, then you can be an asshole.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wrong forum.

Why are you writing to Blizzard on mmo-champ?

Deleted
    If you want blizz to see this go post on wow forums

wow fansite =/= blizz site

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, even though he wasted his time posting here, I appreciate his heartfelt comments.

That said, expect the game to not work on ship.

Deleted
    X.0 patches were most of the time bugfree aswell as expansions were (I dont remember any serious bugs and if there was it was hotfixed really quickly).

Also, its obvious they try to get rid of bugs and avoid crashing on patch days, telling them what they are doing is helpful.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    There are always unforseen complications. That's why they are called unforseen. This is the case in any or all things in this world.

Guys. It's a prayer. He prays and hopes somebody at blizzard magically gets the message (and that is not meant offensive) and decides "Hey let's finish this up instead throwing it out".

I think the beta will still go on at least a month..maybe even two. The design and content gets more and more near finished and soon the last pieces (archeology, professions, rated bg, etc) will be implemented.
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

Deleted
    Dear Damien36
    Blizzard promisses you that we will take our time, i think delaying the expansion for six to eight month is a good start.
    I assure you that will do the debuging and testing million times and also server tests to make sure that no server crashes in day one
    I also want to tell you that i was deeply touched by your post, it felt kinda like a letter to Santa Clause,it almost made wanna send you a Rudolf doll

seeeeeee? he is happy now

15+ Year Old Account
    We are not Blizzard. You'll have better luck on the official forums.