Page 1 of 2
LastLast

MMO-Champ's Fall from Grace

MMO-Champion used to be the go-to source for bleeding edge information on World of Warcraft. Is it just me or is this site losing its edge over other sites? I can easily find newer news from competitive sites, what happened to mmo-champ being the ultimate news aggregrator site for all things WoW? Is it b/c of Curse and how they want to split new information across its fleet of websites? (i.e. world of raids, etc). Is Boub on vacation? I'm willing to give this situation the benefit of doubt, but ever since this site sold its soul to Curse, its slowly gone downhill.

It's because the sky is in the process of falling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cluck View Post
    Boub is preparing for the worst.
    I once had a character named "Clamslam" but Blizzard deemed it inappropriate.
    Retired from WoW: February 19, 2011. It was fun Blizz.

Deleted
    yer i've noticed that alot of the news i read on here i've already heard about. I usually check the site once a day and im never really told anything really interesting and new like i used to.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cluck View Post
    Working as intended.

I haven't really noticed any change since they 'sold their soul to Curse'. And Bibi keeps the info flowing quite nicely.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by potentmage View Post
    yer i've noticed that alot of the news i read on here i've already heard about. I usually check the site once a day and im never really told anything really interesting and new like i used to.
    Then stop using the other sites and stay on MMO-Champion only. Then you've heard it from MMO-Champion first.

Quote Originally Posted by Lokann View Post
    I haven't really noticed any change...
    You need to be more observant.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravasha View Post
    Then stop using the other sites and stay on MMO-Champion only. Then you've heard it from MMO-Champion first.
    I hope you notice the flaw in your logic there.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandaii View Post
    You need to be more observant.
    Oh right, yeah, I noticed the reduced loading times! How silly of me.

I think the answer is simple. Their popularity was also their down fall. This is still a good site though but I agree it doesn't seem to have all of its previous glory.

Well, there isn't anything 'interesting and new stuff' at the moment because [b]everything|/b[ is available for everyone to see in the beta. This site doesn't really shine so much when all the information is out there for everyone to see. It's when the news seem to dry up that Boubouille takes the stage and does his thing without Axl Rose-ing it all up.

EDIT: Also, sites tend to go downwards when nobody manages to post anything under the right forums. Seriously folks, shape up!

I'm not so fanatical that I would want to check every different site about Warcraft news.

But it could be that Bibi has a pool of new information and would rather release it over time. So that there isn't one really exciting day and then a string of no-info boring days.

Re MushroomBomb:
    Exactly, Bibi is like the reporter who gets all the dirt before other reporters.
    But if the info is public to everyone, then there is no dirt to be had.
    Last edited by Sledfang; 2010-09-02 at 04:16 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Also.. They've been busy with site maintenance and the curse sale and all that.

boub has always only updated blue posts once a day, unless its a major news day. i have failed to see an decline.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

Deleted
    I'm curious, where did you hear about the pages of 12857 changes a day before release before ourselves?

15+ Year Old Account
    Yea, I mean when you find a beta patch the day before it goes live you know........... oh wait.

Bah Dinnerbone beat me to it.
    :3

Quote Originally Posted by Sledfang View Post
    I'm not so fanatical that I would want to check every different site about Warcraft news.

But it could be that Bibi has a pool of new information and would rather release it over time. So that there isn't one really exciting day and then a string of no-info boring days.
    That defeats the purpose of being a news site. That sounds more like a marketing scheme..ala Curse.

Quote Originally Posted by potentmage View Post
    Your point of view on what is "interesting and new" is subjective.

Everything I read on MMO-champ to me is interesting and new, simply beacause the only time I am avidly looking for beta info is when I'm at work, because at home I just play the game. And when I'm looking for said info, this is where I come. To me, if MMO-Champ doesn't have the info on it, then I probably didn't really need to know about it.
    Your face when the Scoundrel is Gallagher.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MushroomBomb View Post

EDIT: Also, sites tend to go downwards when nobody manages to post anything under the right forums. Seriously folks, shape up!
    Agree. MMO-Champ's only downfall is we've got people nerdraging over everything (now that all the info is public) in every single forum and hardly any of the topics made are in the right spot.

Of course there won't be a lot of information. Nearly everything is already out there. All that can be really added now is just players adding in quests/text/stuff they find interesting.
    I once had a character named "Clamslam" but Blizzard deemed it inappropriate.
    Retired from WoW: February 19, 2011. It was fun Blizz.

This thread is neither suggesting anything or giving feedback, I made it for General Discussion. So uh...what were you saying?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinnerbone View Post
    I'm curious, where did you hear about the pages of 12857 changes a day before release before ourselves?
    Bah, even my granny knew about that two days before MMO-Champ posted it!