Poll: Whaat do you think?

Thread: I am speechless

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Question I am speechless

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/25212/Photos.../impdispel.jpg

Apparantly Felhunters can only purge enemies now, but the Imp now has a 2 second shorter cooldown for both a defensive and offensive dispel magic. It also deals an insanely low amount of damage, perfect for breaking covered CC's (Polymorph / repentance with chills / nova / random debuff on) and undispellable CC's (Sap and Blind).

Usually I am pretty one sided in situations like this on what side I'll take (weather it is a buff or a nerf) but I've been thinking about this one. Keep in mind you wont one shot an Imp in the xpac due to higher pet healthpools / defense. If you only want to use Felhunter, it is obviously a nerf. But pulling out an imp versus things like RMP or RLS could be insane, breaking every CC except fear and hex every 6 seconds. Doubtful you can use it on your teammates or yourself if you are sapped with no magic debuffs though, would be nice if you could just for the damage.

So if you pull out an imp, you get to utilize some nice destro talents that I thought for sure I wouldn't be using. Getting instant soul fire from imp proc + instant soul fire from using a shard, could line up some massive pressure. If this change stays, I will defiantly be using an imp for Battlegrounds if I am with a healer, but I don't know about for arenas.

What do you guys think?

EDIT: Forgot a bit of a big deal. ALL dispels can be done on your target even if there is no dispelable debuff on them (to prevent healers from mashing dispel all the time). Also the tooltip is not clear on this, but it deals damage as a DoT every 2 seconds for 6 seconds, with the first tick happening as soon as it is casted. In other words, almost complete immunity to Blind, Sap, Sheep, and whatever CCs break on damage. I don't expect this part to make it through.
    Last edited by Kawakazi; 2010-09-02 at 05:21 PM.

i may been reading it wrong but do u next to the dispell wanna use the imp his dmg to remove snares and cc?

and imp will get roflpowned anyway even in exp may have higher healthpool but we will doo more dmg aswell

C.M.S, My favorite thing to start the morning with.

Deleted
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NM15jXO15M

You can use it just for the damage.

Wow, they have the gnome racial on a 20 sec cooldown too, slow warrior use that, imp escapes his axe of death

Quote Originally Posted by Kawakazi View Post
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/25212/Photos.../impdispel.jpg

Apparantly Felhunters can only purge enemies now, but the Imp now has a 2 second shorter cooldown for both a defensive and offensive dispel magic. It also deals an insanely low amount of damage, perfect for breaking covered CC's (Polymorph / repentance with chills / nova / random debuff on) and undispellable CC's (Sap and Blind).

Usually I am pretty one sided in situations like this on what side I'll take (weather it is a buff or a nerf) but I've been thinking about this one. Keep in mind you wont one shot an Imp in the xpac due to higher pet healthpools / defense. If you only want to use Felhunter, it is obviously a nerf. But pulling out an imp versus things like RMP or RLS could be insane, breaking every CC except fear and hex every 6 seconds. Doubtful you can use it on your teammates or yourself if you are sapped with no magic debuffs though, would be nice if you could just for the damage.

So if you pull out an imp, you get to utilize some nice destro talents that I thought for sure I wouldn't be using. Getting instant soul fire from imp proc + instant soul fire from using a shard, could line up some massive pressure. If this change stays, I will defiantly be using an imp for Battlegrounds if I am with a healer, but I don't know about for arenas.

What do you guys think?

EDIT: Forgot a bit of a big deal. ALL dispels can be done on your target even if there is no dispelable debuff on them (to prevent healers from mashing dispel all the time). Also the tooltip is not clear on this, but it deals damage as a DoT every 2 seconds for 6 seconds, with the first tick happening as soon as it is casted. In other words, almost complete immunity to Blind, Sap, Sheep, and whatever CCs break on damage. I don't expect this part to make it through.
    I wouldn't expect it to stay either but even if it's changed to a single hit it still really good.

Quote Originally Posted by mei View Post
    I wouldn't expect it to stay either but even if it's changed to a single hit it still really good.
    ^ Yeah I pretty much completely agree, just being able to break sap / blind is incredibly game breaking.

Also, lets pray you can use this on people not in your party. INC warlocks killing lvl 1 gold spammers in Org/SW

Stunlocking rogues shouldn't have a problem with me breaking up blind and sap every 6 seconds. Either that or they can suck it.

For someone who's speechless, you sure had alot to say...

I know. They have to nerf the Felhunter AGAIN to give its utility to the other pets. The IMP has far more ways to go to be a viable pet in pvp. It' still not going to beat a good silence.

The only good thing is that it pisses rogues and mages more.

Seems like Blizz is really encouraging us to swap pets in combat. This is just ridiculous with only 3 shards.
    Last edited by sugarfree; 2010-09-02 at 06:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I find this interesting. If the imp is going to not be one, two, three shotted or the like it would be a very interesting change for sure. However, if the Imp is getting pvp usage, I want to see the succy get pve usage. Not just in the form of cc. Something more like what the imp has in the current beta build, like the insta soul fire procs would be nice. She also fits destro so I think it would go best there. Id also be all for having an affliction raid build that uses the voidy. I just dont like only having one pet option to raid with depending on my spec. Anyway, I think I like the idea. As 75% of the time I actually use my Felpup on the offensive.

The idea of more pet options in pvp is fantastic.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    —Aristotle

As an affli lock, playing without the spell lock is unthinkable, so the devour magic nerf kinda annoy me

Leave it to the warlocks to bitch about something PVP related

If we "bitch" is for good reason. We don't have enough defensive ways of escaping stuff in pvp. But why would any ignorant lock hater pay attention to any of that right? Coming up to the lock forums and droping some dumb idiotic comment is a lot easier, right.

Whats the most OP class in Arena right now, has the biggest burst damage and is just damn near impossible to kill think again before you talk.

Quote Originally Posted by Seriko View Post
    Whats the most OP class in Arena right now, has the biggest burst damage and is just damn near impossible to kill think again before you talk.
    Biggest burst, yeah, destro prolly fills that, hardest to kill?
    DKs, ele shamans, a frost mage (if there is no hunter on the other team)
    Most OP class? Warrior with smourne of course.
    Think again before you talk. OHSI-

Edit: You obviously aren't a warlock, why don't you go troll your own classes forums?
    Last edited by Kawakazi; 2010-09-02 at 06:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mei View Post
    If we "bitch" is for good reason. We don't have enough defensive ways of escaping stuff in pvp. But why would any ignorant lock hater pay attention to any of that right? Coming up to the lock forums and droping some dumb idiotic comment is a lot easier, right.
    Consider him taken care of.

Quote Originally Posted by Seriko View Post
    1 - The most OP class in arena right now are Priest and Paladins. http://www.sk-gaming.com/arena/player/
    2 - Not everyone play destro.
    3 - Go troll you own class forum.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think this is a great PvE buff and a PvP nerf.

It's a nerf for PvP because you'd still want to use Felhunter over Imp for it's Spell Lock. Even with the Imp's better dispelling, I'd probably still use my Felhunter because of his better survivability and Spell Lock.

It's a great PvE buff for Destro though, now they can dispel harmful abilities from themselves or help dispel their enemies without relying on the busy healers.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

It's a nerf. Warlocks are functionally much better off having silence, offensive and defensive dispel together. The felhunter can already devour magic CC's quite reliably. I wouldn't call being able to dispel mostly rarer physical CC's a fair trade off for losing spell lock.

With that said, I am for the change even though its a nerf. It creates more parity among the demons, each feeling like a good option in its own adaptable way.

Hopefully if warlocks take a nerf, people will stop bitching like babies if warlocks get anything new thats nice at all like any purpose for shadowflame or some fun options with soulshards.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Consider him taken care of.
    <3

Quote Originally Posted by Sengura View Post
    I think this is a great PvE buff and a PvP nerf.

It's a nerf for PvP because you'd still want to use Felhunter over Imp for it's Spell Lock. Even with the Imp's better dispelling, I'd probably still use my Felhunter because of his better survivability and Spell Lock.

It's a great PvE buff for Destro though, now they can dispel harmful abilities from themselves or help dispel their enemies without relying on the busy healers.
    It is a buff/nerf for pvp. As destro it is a buff. Your new level 85 ability will actually have a use with imp out, that much control on your team eliminated > spell lock. Shadowdance Sap -> Blind is incredibly game changing, and being able to eliminate that is amazing. It is a nerf for Aff, seeing as spell lock is generally needed in order to push for a kill. Also we can switch between demons much better now, it's a flat 5 sec cast, we get 12% haste mid game with great uptime with our version of focus magic, not to mention haste already on gear (I'm seeing 3.75 sec cast at higher gear levels) and we have 2 versions of instant cast, one when our pet dies and one with the use of a SS which aren't hard to gain back. Overall, a utility buff and a higher skill cap for locks.

Quote Originally Posted by Gangresnake View Post
    1 - The most OP class in arena right now are Priest and Paladins. http://www.sk-gaming.com/arena/player/
    2 - Not everyone play destro.
    3 - Go troll you own class forum.
    How many teams have a certain class in them doesn't measure their OP meters. Healing classes will of course have a higher rate of play because most 3s teams have a healer, and many 3s teams have a spriest, or a pret. While pret is quite OP, the title of the most OP is def Warrior with Smourne.