Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Haleth View Post
    It really is, to be honest. You can't pull more than 1-2 mobs at a time (speaking from a ret pally POV, so I'm quite durable already) or you die.
    This is what I'm afraid of. I don't mind if I'm no longer able to take on literally 10+ mobs(it really is ridiculous when you can finish Taking Battle to the Enemy in two pulls), but I've already played the "get an add and you die" game back in my EQ days, and that is in NO WAY fun.

Sounds like they need to tone down some of these mobs if these stories are true.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mittacc View Post
    are all guys that lvls aoe grinding through? :O i'm always single targeting :P (sos for bad english)
    can't see why we would be o_O aoe grinding is lots of fun, since it takes the same amount of time to kill one mob, or 10 :P

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Quote Originally Posted by mittacc View Post
    are all guys that lvls aoe grinding through? :O i'm always single targeting :P (sos for bad english)
    So am I.

Not sure what to say on this topic. On one hand I'll be sad for awhile about how it reminds me of westfall back in the day (pillagers could hit for over 50% of a players life if they weren't "twinked"), on the other, it might be interesting having to actually work for some kills in the open.

Right now I get obscenely bored in wow at the lvl cap. Everything outside an instance doesn't even make anyone break a sweat and then anything that does is tied in with having to hang around people, the majority of whom view it as a waste of time and try to not do it if mass AoE doesn't work.

Maybe groups of people will be able to AoE grind still at least?

You CAN aoe grind without trouble up to level 60. That's when the increased mob health + damage comes into effect. Even still, its a lot more bearable 'til 82 or so. I was taking on 5 or so mobs consistently in Vash'jir as a fury warrior last week.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

In general, despite what a few peeps are saying.. AoE grinding is no longer viable.. at all. It's fine for a pull here and there.. but you will have to eat/drink after... it is MUCH quicker overall to just single target them and not have to stop to replenish.

Sounds pretty good to my ears, if the Live servers are gonna be like this.....

1-2mobs = Survive
    3mobs = Dead

....for a start, but when you are geared up in raid gear, you should be able to take more than 3 at a time, but only time will show. As alot of numbers for stats, damage, defense, armor ain't settled yet
    Ansgar the Insane

Quote Originally Posted by Zoldam View Post
    It will be an annoyance, but I like the change. If you and 10 other guys got in a fight IRL, who would win? A bad example, but it gets my point across.
    I would easy not sure about the rest of you guys though. There are going to be a lot of sad fire and forget ppl for a bit in cata, I cant wait.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I like the sound of this. WoTLK leveling was a complete bore. Being able to solo the elite mobs in Dragonblight was silly.

Deleted
    It´s one thing if you can kill ~5 mobs at a time and have 20%hp 10%mana left or aoe grind like hell in wotlk. But the deepholme thing sounds interesting for me, mage will be my first char i think and the fire aoe is really insane.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    I was watching a level 82+ moonkin questing and single non-elite mobs were hitting like a truck and took almost half of her HP each time, and moonkins even have loads of armor. I love doing grind quests with style by pulling 10+ mobs at once with classes that were good in it, like affli lock, shadow priest, retri pala and tank specs ofc. It seems like it's not longer possible after lvl 65, except for maybe tanks with good avoidance?
    Put it this way, if i pull 2 mobs on my Spriest at 83 i will very likely die. Power word:shield takes 1 hit and its gone, damage is still low so vamp embrace doesnt help much with the new health pools. costs like 7k mana just to apply 1 set of dots without mindflay, mind blast. I wouldnt recommend trying to aoe grind

Pit Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard wants you to CC. Use your head. Try some strategy. Be aware of your surroundings.

Basically you should not greatly overpower the content while you are still leveling.

Deleted
    Isn't it awesome when you actually have to focus while leveling and not faceroll across the whole zone? Im going to enjoy this :3, though I can sense lots of QQ incoming at Cataclysm 80+ Zones.

"WTF! i pulled 3 guys and died wtf blizz nerf these mobs QQ questing is too slow and hard now QQ"

Quote Originally Posted by Profyrion View Post
    Blizzard wants you to CC. Use your head. Try some strategy. Be aware of your surroundings.

Basically you should not greatly overpower the content while you are still leveling.
    Thats great, il use shackle undead...oh wait... never mind il use mind control...oh wait... at least i can fear the mob...oh wait it breaks when one of my 3 dots ticks...

Pit Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like you should be posting in the Priest forums. /shrug

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pickley View Post
    Thats great, il use shackle undead...oh wait... never mind il use mind control...oh wait... at least i can fear the mob...oh wait it breaks when one of my 3 dots ticks...
    Or the feared mobs pull another pack, thereby negating it's use.

And I don't see any actual CC on my Warrior that doesn't involve fearing mobs and pulling more of them.

I'm concerned about if the changes to mob difficulty will make it possible to grief players by training a bunch load of mobs to them, albeit what happened in other games such as FFXI.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

On the beta playing a warrior (premade one with 251 gear mind you), you can run thru the first 2 areas quite easily (gear upgrades are fast and nice), but Deepholm onwards (where gear isn't implemented as rewards), things start to toughen up, to the point where pulling 3 mobs means your death. Twilight highlands 85 mobs are just hell, some mobs are just ridiculously overpowered considering.

So, i think aoe grind is out of the question midway into it

Quote Originally Posted by Thallidomaniac View Post
    Or the feared mobs pull another pack, thereby negating it's use.

And I don't see any actual CC on my Warrior that doesn't involve fearing mobs and pulling more of them.

I'm concerned about if the changes to mob difficulty will make it possible to grief players by training a bunch load of mobs to them, albeit what happened in other games such as FFXI.
    People have been doing that forever, so many times ive seen some ass hunter kite mobs into my Consecration (on my paladin obviously) then feign death.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    On the beta playing a warrior (premade one with 251 gear mind you), you can ran thru the first 2 areas quite easily (gear upgrades are fast and nice), but Deepholm onwards (where gear isn't implemented as rewards), things start to toughen up, to the point where pulling 3 mobs means your death. Twilight highlands 85 mobs is just hell, some mobs are just ridiculously overpowered considering.

So, i think aoe grind is out of the question midway into it
    That's a good sign, at least the mobs don't look too difficult considering that the quest reward gear hasn't been put in yet. (I mean, assuming that the quest reward gear is built around the difficulty of mobs in that zone.)
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maunokki123 View Post
    Isn't it awesome when you actually have to focus while leveling and not faceroll across the whole zone? Im going to enjoy this :3, though I can sense lots of QQ incoming at Cataclysm 80+ Zones.

"WTF! i pulled 3 guys and died wtf blizz nerf these mobs QQ questing is too slow and hard now QQ"

I agree, its will be fun and interesting again, as it was interesting to level first character. Problem back then was we didnt know jack shit so it was "hard". Now buffed mobs bring nice chalange, if u can call it that. I look forward to it.