Hunter dead zone in beta

Alright, I know there is a lot of confusion on what the dead zone actually is. When I said dead zone I mean the area in which a hunter can't use melee OR ranged abilities, just like it was in vanilla and early TBC.

This is the old dead zone: melee <....nothing....><..............ranged abilities...............>

Now about 3 years ago they got rid of this model and made it look like this

This is the new minimum range : melee <....................ranged abilities.....................>

Its been like this on live for like I said 3 years. Anyway, on the beta servers right now, the old original dead zone is back in the game.

As you can see by this image, I am this far away from my target yet my ranged abilities are still red and unable to be used, as are my melee abilities like wingclip and raptor strike, this is at the very edge of the dead zone. Now my question is, is this intended or some kind of bug? The dead zone was proven to be an archaic ball and chain mechanic to limit hunter DPS, so they couldn't use ranged abilities while in melee range. It also had a few other draw backs like in PVE where certain bosses had hit boxes so big, you had to stand half a mile away just so you could shoot it, or in PVP where latency and server net code was an issue. Just an example of a PVP scenario with the old dead zone, say you're fighting a warrior, and you're trying to kite him, you are just far enough away for your concussive shot button to light up, displaying it is usable now, however when you press it, it says your target is too close. The problem is the person you are fighting isn't where their model appears in the world since the server is trying to predict where they are moving to, so you get this error. The removal of the old dead zone remedied these two problems.

I am very concerned by this if they are indeed reinserting the old dead zone.

[Unfortunately I can't post images yet, I'll edit this when I can so I can better illustrate my point]

10+ Year Old Account
    Bug.
    /thread

Just look at the first page of the blue tracker.

Quote Originally Posted by Siika View Post
    Bug.
    /thread
    No, it's already been confirmed the old dead zone is back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by awebz View Post
    no, it's already been confirmed the old dead zone is back.
    oh shi---

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by awebz View Post
    No, it's already been confirmed the old dead zone is back.
    http://blue.mmo-champion.com/t/26726...nter-deadzone/

/thread

Oh thank god, I really wanted to come back for Cataclysm but if they were putting the dead zone back in, that would have been a deal break for me. I just didn't want to put up with that stupid fucking mechanic AGAIN.

10+ Year Old Account
    I, for one, welcome our old dead zone overlord.

Scatter has a min range now? Wut

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gildian View Post
    Scatter has a min range now? Wut
    I'm going to go and take a guess here, but that should also be a bug caused by the accidental deadzone bug.

Well, the dead zone is still in the beta with this new build, you guyssure it isn't supposed to come back?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Barash View Post
    Well, the dead zone is still in the beta with this new build, you guyssure it isn't supposed to come back?
    Yes, if a blue posts confirmed it, then it's true. They simply haven't got around to fixing it.

If it does stay in the game, then... it just does, but right now it isn't their intent to have it.