Thread: Soloing ZG?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Soloing ZG?

So with them getting rid of ZG me and some guildies started to discuss runs and how to solo.
    Me and one of the other mages in my guild were thinking that with a frost spec with maybe a corroded skeleton key it would be possible to do it.
    anyone else have an opinion or advice.
    iv already seen the tiger mount drop twice and lost it to my partner so thats why im trying to solo
    Rogues don't have loyalties, they have contracts and their blades are purchased in gold.

I don't see it as a possibility that you could solo either of the mount bosses.

I farmed the tiger boss on my mage for several weeks and I was only able to do it (barely) by abusing a bug to skip the hard part of the fight. (This bug was fixed in 3.3)

And the raptor boss just hits too hard and maybe maybe with the best gear an arcane mage could blow him up quickly or something but otherwise no realistic way I can foresee.

Deleted
    Here's how I do it on my Mage:

Bloodlord Mandokir: (If you don't have good time, don't start with this boss) I start out with clearing the trash around his pyramid so I can kite him around it while waiting for cooldowns to come off, he runs roughly at the same speed of a player, possibly a bit slower, and he will completely stop when he casts spells/abilities. I use the standard PvP Frost spec (20/0/51) for this, I also use my PvP Trinket to counter his Fear.
    Engaging him: Pop everything (IV/MI/WE/Trinket) and position yourself on the stairs while your Elemental and Mirrors are busy getting nailed. During this time you will want to nuke him as best you can (Gotta love those 28k crits from Deep Freeze). When your images die you must run to the edge of the pyramid and jump down with slow fall on, he may teleport you back up but just keep at jumping down and he will eventually start using whirlwind and not summon you again, this is where you use bandages to top yourself up. Ice Lance him if you wish but it is not necessary. Kite untill Mirrors are up, place them on stairs, repeat from the start untill dead.
    - Notes: Kill Ohgan first and keep Ice Barrier up 100% of the time.

High Priest Thekal: I did this as Fire because of Living Bomb, using the wall-to-urn jump pathing technique. This can get tricky as Thekal runs at about twice the speed of his minions and uses silence, so you may not be able to interrupt an incoming heal. Use Mage Armor for more resists and shorter silence duration. Start with popping Trinkets, Combustion and Mirrors so you have time to position yourself after initial Living Bomb application. Keep spamming Living Bomb, Instant Pyro and Scorch. This takes a bit of practice and equal amounts of luck. 2nd phase is a piece of cake, just keep at it like you've been so far and you will have his hide on your wall.

Armory to my Mage: (Using Elitistarmory since Battle.net is down atm) http://elitistarmory.com/EU/Emerald%20Dream/Devlan

I hope this helped and feel free to PM me with questions.

P.S. I solo MgT HC as well, if you want a guide to this I can write it for you.
    Last edited by mmoccefed1f20e; 2010-09-03 at 10:17 PM. Reason: Grammar Nazi and Spelling Monkey brofisted and made me edit my post.

10+ Year Old Account
    I solo ZG tiger boss with a glitch one of them obviously hasn't been fixed because I just did it today :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Allium View Post
    I solo ZG tiger boss with a glitch one of them obviously hasn't been fixed because I just did it today :P
    I believe the Blizzard term for that is "Clever use of Game Mechanics"

Deleted
    What is this glitch I keep hearing people talk about? I only know about the one to faceroll Bloodlord, and that requires a hunter/warlock for pet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its possible as a mage. Uh once sec lemme dig up the vid about it.

Edit: Ok heres the link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-o4qe...eature=related
    Last edited by Belize; 2010-09-03 at 10:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trivorx View Post
    What is this glitch I keep hearing people talk about? I only know about the one to faceroll Bloodlord, and that requires a hunter/warlock for pet.
    I always suggest against that one, as I've personally known people banned for exploiting Bloodlord.

If someone knows you're a hunter/warlock and see you with the raptor and are jealous, they are liable to report you for it just in case you did exploit it. People are jerks like that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Basmothel View Post
    I always suggest against that one, as I've personally known people banned for exploiting Bloodlord.
    Permanently banned? Or just warned? If this is an exploit blizzard should fix it. Anyway if this is the case I will just continue it, and not show my raptor until after Cata hits. Then Blizz can't ban you for something you can't do anymore.

Edit: Being Horde, raptors are easy to get, I just want it for the achievement, the Zulian Tiger on the other hand...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FunFarm View Post
    P.S. I solo MgT HC as well, if you want a guide to this I can write it for you.
    Please do :3

Its possible as a mage. Uh once sec lemme dig up the vid about it.

Edit: Ok heres the link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-o4qe...eature=related
    Author here! o/

You can solo all of ZG as a mage, yes. Thekal is the hardest. I did Mandokir in T7. You can do him in blues really, if you are patient enough to keep trying till RNG loves you (with FoF/BS procs). Then you have to use the following tactic however: http://www.filefront.com/13491384/ci...s_mandokir.wmv (sorry no streams)

Best of luck and do ask if any other boss is giving you problems!

This got my tiger like month or 2 ago + youtube.com/watch?v=diaRqxYtDzE

15+ Year Old Account
    well, the "glitch" version still works as of last night, and thank you etcha for that Raptor strat. I'm going to actually start farming ZG now since I never got around to farming the rep from there. Probably should do that before the zone goes away.

So it appears I was wrong.

I solod both the bosses that can drop mounts this week,
    I found some useful videos w/ google, definitely worth my time.
    Also I made 500g from selling the bijous from trash... Im gonna go back and farm that stuff now...

If people were doing it at 70 I dont see how it would be hard at 80. They are easily soloable by every class and spec.

10+ Year Old Account
    i solo the tiger boss all the time - but granted i'm a pally

Quote Originally Posted by Avezo View Post
    Please do :3
    Blink past 1st set of mobs, invis past the 2nd.
    1st boss trash
    Frost armor/Mana Shield.
    CoC->Nova->Blizzard->CoC->Blink->Kill off rest
    Do for both sides, middle pack is easy.
    For boss, FFB, ABx2, Images/IV/AP and Zerg, ignore crystals. FFB is for torment since images dont slow on bosses.
    Wait till Images is on a 1 min cooldown, clear the Mana Wyrms with AoE/Slows/Nova, dont let them hit you.
    Use Mage Armor/Mana Shield, The idea for the boss is to engage with 25 stacks of the Wyrms buff which increases damage, Pop all cooldowns and zerg, blink away from the Spheres.

You can avoid all trash to PvP boss room, Clear the patroling construct and left/right side packs infront of the boss, in the corners you will see Magisters, the idea is to kill all mobs except for 1 of them, use frost ward/mana shield and Spellsteal their Haste buff, get it low, steal the buff 20? times, kill him and Pop all cooldowns and Zerg down PvP boss, Kill the Warrior/Rogue/Hunter 1st, your damage will easily beat the heals.
    Kael is just a zerg, use fire ward, you should beat his Phoenix spawn time (20 sec) to get him to 50%, just kill him and avoid floating orbs.

Just go in with like, 1 friend. You have like, 1 friend who also wants the mount right? Agree on who gets which first (I get the first raptor, my friend gets the first kitty) spend 10 minutes a week in ZG and hope your luck is good.

Whatever drop chance you read there's still no difference between visits, each has a 0.01 (lets say 1 in 100) chance to drop it. But with that in mind you could go in on a tuesday, drop both mounts, go in on the wednesday after the reset and drop both mounts.
    Last edited by mercutiouk; 2010-09-11 at 06:50 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

I know a glitch how to beat almost all bosses (hakkar could be challenging, never tried that)
    Get a friendly (guild, rl friend) ret paladin in decent gear who either doesn't care for the mounts or already has them.
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

If people were doing it at 70 I dont see how it would be hard at 80. They are easily soloable by every class and spec.
    Part 1 - acceptable statement from someone not very knowledgeable about soloing. Part 2 - not. Tiger boss with no exploits is not easily soloable as a mage. I'm certain there are things that blood DK's can solo now that mages still can't solo at 85.

Our mechanics just don't make us a good raid soloing class, same as rogues. Stunning and kiting rarely works, but having high armor and good selfhealing does.