Page 1 of 3
LastLast

raiding in wrathful?

So, big arguement started on my server the other day over whether or not it's acceptable to raid in pvp gear. the toon in question is my GM's full wrathful druid. We're primarily a pvp guild that's just getting started raiding and he was told he was a fail druid for healing 10 man ICC in his wrathful set. I can understand it being an issue if he was a non hit capped dps, but as a healer? He has no problem healing the first six bosses so far, i don't see the issue. I play a demo lock, and i wear a couple of pieces of wrathful gear while i raid. i'm hit capped and do acceptable dps for my gear level. It would take 25 man gear to beat the stats on the pieces i wear, so what about his gear would really hold him back from healing 10 man as a resto drood?
    Last edited by babuthegreat63; 2010-09-04 at 02:41 AM. Reason: ap

Really? Dude? IT'S OBVIOUS, CAPTAIN!
    Because, You replace resilience with any other Stat available?????

if its not a progression raid and your doing bosses that have been on farm for ages why not

I am the Warrior. Death is my business. Be it yours...or mine.

so? because it has resilience instead of crit to go with the haste, or haste to go with the crit, that means it's not good enough? when undergeared can do it in ilvl 200 blues?

You can complete all current content with 25 players that are using only pvp gear.

halion might be tough (or impossible :P ), but consider that several guilds have now done icc hm 12/12 without the 30% buff.

Its not the best but its still not horrible i mean for my shadow priest the wrathful haste boots sim 3rd bis for me according to rawr :/
    Normal modes should be fine in wrathful since the 30% buff carries so much.

Pvp gear gives you shit load of sp, you only lost crit/haste compared to equal tier pve gear. So for healer (esp. druid) on non-progression fights, its sure ok to do so. PUGs might not see that though.

Well look at rawr lists for your class for example:

Wrathful is just under 264 usually, so yeah wrathful >isnt< that bad. And it makes your GS higher sooo its a win win for pugs :P

Wrathful pieces are often generally better than pre-raid pieces, I use them on both my druid and mage, and I've done 11/12 hc on 10 man with both of them, so its perfectly acceptable imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    If content is being done and he is open to upgrades I don't see the problem.

What people may be concerned about is his lack of haste. For resto druids the stat priority right now is SP>Haste until capped>spirit>There are other stats?

They may see his gear as not having enough haste. Really it isn't that big of a deal though. 5 rejuvenations between WG cooldowns is nice, but 4 will work at least until hardmodes. If the group wants to push to hardmodes then they need to help gear their resto friend out.

Well, your haste and mana efficiency will be totally balls, but for stuff that's been on farm for ages, and ICC10 no less, it's hardly that big of a deal if the player is decent.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    PVP gear gives a scrub look if your raiding in full PVP gear genuinly you get declined by many PUG's etc: . Just farm TOC - ICC 5 man's and your easily geared enough for ICC 10
    Insert Signiture here.

i would not like a wrathfull guy in my raid, healing the crap lesser than me, stealing my PVE gear..
    And in a serious note, PVP gear = no crit, no haste, less spirit/mp5, and as a result, less healing
    Got a Warlock as a main, a Druid and a DK at 80 as alts and lvling a Rogue..

"You are only as good player, as the guild you are into"

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends on class and role to me, personally.

In a 25man or a heroic boss, its a no for me. When we get applicants who are applying in pvp gear then sorry, it needs to be fixed before you join us. We get plenty of applicants using Wrathful bracers/cloak/neck simply for skillscore... These have loads of stamina and barely anything else on them, so we then watch mages use them... we aren't ok with that. Also, the ones who moan about "Oh but it's so much better than <insert random marrowgar loot here>" tend to be the applicants we will not accept, as they seem to be unsure about how certain stats weigh in value to their class. Granted, if you had a blue previously then that's fine, but if you don't make every effort to change it to some pve gear of a better standard, then we have an issue.

If a tank is using it, then sorry, but whats the point of bothering to reply. DPS characters....variable. If someone is using a Wrathful weapon, I can actually understand it, but the other pieces and then the main bits? Nah, I prefer my mages to have more mana than health, for some odd reason. Same goes for healers - I'd grant you use of a weapon, but i'd prefer you to have haste/crit in order to keep my ass alive instead of stamina to keep yours off the floor.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

10+ Year Old Account
    inb4 PvEers complaining how they don't pvp in pve gear, so pvpers shouldn't use pvp gear in pve.
    I once had a character named "Clamslam" but Blizzard deemed it inappropriate.
    Retired from WoW: February 19, 2011. It was fun Blizz.

Haters gonna hate imo, to be honest the stat distribution on wrathful gear is terrible considering you have so much of your stat pool taken up by stamina and resilience for your ilvl, and i can't make comments about how other stats really work, such as mana regen and sp, cause i don't do druids, however, stamina useful to an extent, but not so much, and resilience completely useless in PvE, but it is miles ahead of what i've seen some scrubs walk into ICC with. Long story short, a healers lack of gear is easier to compensate with pure skill than say, a tank, and if your guild leader knows how to not make people die, I dunno what all the hubub is about.

Deleted
    I'd definitely take a full Wrath healer into ICC normal even if it was his first time ever. 2k+ rating in 3s is enough proof of skill for me.

HMs probably only if he's 11/12 normal though. Need at least some experience inside the instance.

thanks for all the varied and well thought out replies. we were attempting to pug it for the week as labor day is making a guild run not going to happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry to disappoint, but I've seen too many PvP geared healers and DPS underperform by a huge margin. Often I will still let them come along, under the stipulation they are just here for badges. I would not give a PvPer a piece of gear a PvEer could use as an upgrade.

And if I'm not running the raid, its usally the RL that bounces after DBW doesn't drop/ninjas DBW.
    Only 2 things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe - Albert Einstein

10+ Year Old Account
    I got kickéd once for wearing a wrathful belt..