i've lost my authenticator...

Iv Recently lost my ipod that has the authenticator on it and i cant find it. Is it possible to disable it without the actual device?

15+ Year Old Account
    Afaik, you will need to contact Blizzard and probably fax over a copy of your driver's license to prove you are the owner of the account in order for them to remove the authenticator from your account.

Sorry about the tough luck.

well my friend told me they dont like to "help" you when they see your under 18 :P

10+ Year Old Account
    http://us.blizzard.com/support/artic...rticleId=21469

Print it out, fill it in, scan it and e-mail to the billing team. Ive done it three times. No need to call them.

You must also scan ur birth-certificate or drivers license or sumtin for ID

how long would this take by chance?

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    In the future write down your serial number for your authenticator. Having the serial number can help you out in a couple different ways. Since you probably don't have that next best option is your original CD key. If you have that call customer support. Expect to have to hang up and call back repeatedly until you actually get put on hold. This is the must frustrating part of the experience. I've had it take 1-2 hours to actually connect with someone on the phone so be prepared to set aside time for the phone call. You should be able to give them the CD key over the phone and get them to remove the authenticator.

Other people have covered the copy of the drivers license option.

10+ Year Old Account
    I lost my authenticator and resolved the issue via e-mail, which didn't require any ID other than telling them my account name, my vanilla authentication key and I can't quite recall the last bit of info.

It took a while though, even moreso than usual because the guy I got happened to get sick the day after he replied to my email and missed a few days of work lol.

All in all I think it took about 4-5 days.

Why can't we just admit it? We won't stop until the blood is flowing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cataclysmic Skyris View Post
    how long would this take by chance?
    First time I did it, 4 days I think, the third time, 2 days. After the second time, I realized that all you have to do is fill in that sheet I linked above, and e-mail it to billing, and thats it.

hm i thinkil try the email..my printer isnt exactly workin right these days XD thanks so much for the info